Fox Rothschild LLP Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Legal Assistant and floater (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
I do not believe they keep their word at Fox. I was told the job was temp to perm and after checking with them after 90 days was told the role was permanently temp. The Office Administrator is clearly not very clear in her thoughts. Too many desks to manage with no credit
Collaborative Working Environment
Help Desk, Desktop (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2017
Helping people to easily transition into the modern world is pertinent. When people gain knowledge of their software and applications, they will look forward to working.
Great working environment
Real Estate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2017
You have a great sense of worth and corporate experience working here. Plenty of opportunities to work on different areas of law gaining a new understanding for, otherwise, unattainable experience.
Pros
Well experienced attorneys to work with and learn from
Cons
Billable hours
Sr. Paralegal
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 16, 2016
Fun high paced office. Corporate world - nice to communicate and converse with other knowledgeable attorneys within other offices.
Fox Rothschild LLP
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2015
I have quite some years here's and I adore my co-workers, who are all team players and knowledgeable of their work and experience, and are willing to share that about themselves.

I like my work and the ability do my work without any supervision.

My position is a tough one, but I get to balance out my day as well as the work I do for the different types of departments and people I work for.

I am seeking a new adventure, and new challenges in my new position.
Pros
Occasional early departures before holiday
Cons
Healthcare, no year-end bonuses, no growth opportunity - no form of employee incentives
Accounting dept (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2015
I worked at Fox for a little over a year. I only left bc an opportunity closer to home came along. The management was great and friendly. Yes the benefits were a bit pricey, but that's the norm anywhere now. Fox had alot of perks for their employees you will not find at other companies. I was made to feel like a long time employee within the first couple weeks of working at Fox. I will admit, there are some ppl that need to learn their jobs better but for the most part Fox is a great place to work. Your gonna deal with the same BS at any company no matter what. Fox is definitely a good employer.
Pros
A lot of employee activites...free breakfasts, holiday and department parties. Holiday gifts.
Cons
Some ppl need to learn what their job actually entails.
Legal Assistant to family law partner and associate and litigation associate
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 5, 2015
Assist family law partner and associate and litigation associate. Prepare pleadings, assemble exhibits and edit attorney work product; heavy contact with courts, prepare follow up correspondence to clients and courts; meet with clients and respond to requests for information; maintain attorney calendars; scan and profile all documents to electronic format; prepare expense reports; make travel arrangements; set up meetings and deposition; prepare bills, and handle billing problems; prepare conflict checks; draft engagement letters; open new files; pay vendor invoices and resolve payment issues.
Terrible Workplace Environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 15, 2015
The Philadelphia office is run by politics. The gossip in this place is outrageous, especially for the women. It is reminiscent of Mean Girls. It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, if someone higher up doesn't like you, you're done for. They will either make your work life unbearable with constant nitpicking and holding you to an unreachable standard compared to your coworkers so you quit or they will manage you out. They do it very sneakily. If you feel as if you're on the chopping block, you probably are. Don't stick around to find out, just get out of there as soon as you can. I have seen good, hard working people with tons of experience prior to coming here that were let go because someone just didn't like them. Also, they will intentionally mislead you before signing on with them regarding stipulations (i.e. pre-planned vacations, giving a raise at the end of the year, promising more hours or overtime benefits after a certain amount of time, etc) and when you begin working with them, they will have no recollection of these conversations. I know three separate people HR has deliberately and outright lied to. There is no room for advancement.The pay is good, the benefits are very, VERY costly. A lot of the perks you get at other Philly firms are absent here, simple things such as being able to pick up your commuter pass in the office, etc. Morale is so low in this place, I have heard from many other people in different departments how much they want to leave. Different departments get away with breaking the rules and policies while others are held accountable; as  more... I mentioned, it's all about politics. There is an overwhelming sense of favoritism and injustice throughout the firm.

If you already have a job, don't go to Fox Rothschild. I have worked at other big firms in the city and Fox Rothschild was, by far, the worse place I have ever worked at.
Pros
pay
Cons
office politics, favoritism, costly benefits
N/a
IP Docketing Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 25, 2015
N/A - great place to work, outstanding management and staff, convenient location, tremendous tools available for work!!
High stress, toxic culture
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Very hostile workplace. Staff is overall great and supportive of each other, but the attorneys are extremely arrogant and difficult to work for. Morale among staff is very poor due to constant verbal abuse and unrealistic expectations by attorneys and HR. No consideration given toward work/family life balance. Most staff members are actively looking for other jobs.
Pros
Staff sticks together
Cons
Poor benefits; toxic environment; little respect for staff by attorneys
Productive and Friendly eviroment
PC Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted in making sure all users computers, printers, laptop and phones were working fine in all 18 offices across the US. Learned how to setup video and audio setups. Work well with management, co-workers, attorneys and staff across the 18 offices. Te most enjoyable part of the job was able to meet new people and travel to different locations.
Pros
Travel to new places and meet new people
Cons
None that I can think of
Glass Ceiling
Research Paralegal/Title analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 18, 2014
I very much enjoy the substance and technical aspects of my work projects but there is a lack of stewardship in my immediate supervisors and no opportunity for advancement.
Law Firm
Associate, Corporate Department (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2013
Fox Rothschild is a large law firm with a moral problem amongst its associates. The corporate partners failed to bring in enough business to keep corporate associates busy.
Excellent management
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2013
This was a wonderful firm to work for. Great co workers and a real family like environment.
Pros
Breakfast Fridays and wonderful co workers
Cons
Low compensation
deadline driven
Intellectual Property Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2013
typical day- deadline driven, computer glitches
what I learned- to endure all things
management- all personality types
co-workers- typical-all personalities
hardest part- to endure the multitude of minutia and attend to substantive work
most enjoyable- some of my colleagues and practicing my craft
Pros
Events with food, internal CLEs
Immigration Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2013
• Prepared, reviewed and filed nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) and to the Department of Labor. Supported four Immigration Partners
• Researched immigration and government regulations, case law and procedures to support client cases.
• Advocated and communicated extensively with clients regarding requests for information, case status and immigration procedures.
• Maintained and updated monthly reports and spreadsheets with sensitive information.
• Managed and maintained personal case load of 350 clients and trained and managed immigration paralegals.
• Collaborated with government liaisons, such as
Fast paced Firm
IP Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 26, 2013
Fox is a good place to work, and there's a lot going on. No two days are the same, there's always something new happening.
Fast paced Intellectual Property Department
IP Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 26, 2013
I work for 3 Attorneys (1 Partner and 2 Associates) as well as reporting upcoming Trademark deadlines for our Trademark Paralegal. I handle maintaining electronic and paper files for our clients, and have learned how to file on the USPTO (Applications, Responses and Invention Disclosure Statements)
Great place to work; wonderful people
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 28, 2012
I worked with some exceptionally great attorneys; the most enjoyable part of the job was being handed the projects that no one wanted to properly work on that needed revamping
Pros
great experience; promoted forward thinking and working independently
Cons
too much office politics because it was a large firm
horrible place to work, especially in the immigration unit.
Immigration Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJune 6, 2012
This was a horrible place to work. HR works against you. HR will agree to confidential conversations with you about your concerns, and then report those concerns back to your supervising attorney. best part of the job? the fact that I am not working there anymore. the benefits are ok. the salary isn't bad. neither are worth the stress.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
unhealthy work environment