FOX RUN HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

Great changes Great kids Great bosses
Clinical (Current Employee) –  St ClairsvilleApril 3, 2013
I have had lots of chances for advancement, people are mostly positive, and I have learned a lot. My coworkers support each other and our bosses care. When I go home each day, I know I made a difference in the lives of children. Days are actually fun now. I am glad I stayed through the changes, our new employees are great, we have an excellent school with excellent teachers, and our leaders get it. It has so been worth it...
Pros
making a difference, progressive management
Cons
very few now
good work place, excellent benifiets
MHT (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHSeptember 28, 2012
typical work day, go in morning, take kids to breakfast, group therapies and school. my coworkers and myself worked great together, hardest part of my job was when the kids world have a bad day because their illness, or because they missed their parents. i loved talking to them and i like to think i made a difference in some of their lives
Pros
3 days a week. 12 hours at first then went to two doubles and a single shift
Cons
when we were short staffed, it was hard
Not worth it!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJune 12, 2013
Do not work for this company. They will treat you like trash and throw you under then bus for their mistakes. Many ethical and other violations that they try to cover up. You will work short handed and be assaulted. Not worth the pay. Don't take my word for it, there are many former employees that will tell you why they left. They can't keep staff there.
Pros
some great co-workers
Cons
no breaks at times, very short staffed, placed in dangerous situations, they don't care about you.
Not worth it
Clinical (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 15, 2013
Most support came from peers which is great; however, management and leadership is lacking within this agency. Concerns about safety violations for patients and employees, lack of empathy for patients and zero training for direct care staff regarding mental health issues creating an intolerant environment for children.
benefits
Cons
safety violations, violence, ethical issues, lack of leadership and support
Fantastic place absolutely loved working there.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHMarch 13, 2014
I loved working at Fox Run. They have a fantastic staff and great management. The opportunities you have to advance within the company are unbelievable. They go above and beyond for everyone.
Lots of positive changes
MHT (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 29, 2013
I really like this place. My coworkers are great. My supervisor understands me. Our new doctor rocks! Making a difference for these kids means everything.
Pros
good boss learned alot
Cons
day can be hard to predict
Horrible
mental health techinician (Former Employee) –  st.clairsville ohioOctober 31, 2013
Fox Run is a very poorly ran facility. Work Schedule and hours are OK. Units are divided into behavior and IQ, ratio is suppose to be 1 staff per 3 patients which never happens, many times it is 1 staff per 15 patients which is illegal. Very unqualified managament that run the hospital. I have heard of many people being fired for simply doing their job, and protecting themselves when kids are attacking them. Fox Run is a very crazy environment, nothing theraputic goes on there, when therapy is in session the therapist get paid by how many kids attent each session so as long as kids r sitting in a room they dont do much. When the units do get chaotic management hardly ever interveens and leaves it to the mental health techinicians and nurses to break up fights, protect themselves, restrain kids, and they will sit and review film to see which staff member did not do a proper job so that they can discipline them instead of helping the situation out. Fox run was by far my worst work experience, and I can personally account for at least a dozen others to say the same thing.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
satisfing
MHT (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHJanuary 11, 2013
hours are good easy to balance work and home life. room for advancement .
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
disappointing. appeared to have something to hide. bad management
director (Former Employee) –  st clairsville, ohNovember 22, 2014
The CEO told me management didn't "trust" me because they were "afraid you will quit and report us for what you learn about us." When I interviewed I was told restraints were a last resort and that the facility was moving away from restraints. That was not the case. 10 restraints were done in a 2 hour period. As a therapist and as a manager I felt none of the 10 restraints were necessary. Therapists tried, but no one, especially management seemed to care about coping skills or identifying why the little kids, and they were little, were escalated. I was told by the CEO I wasn't involved in enough restraints. Management prided themselves on the number of restraints they participated in. As a manager I found this unsettling. There is a huge lack a communication which leaves the mht feeling isolated. The units are filthy. Food and beverages are often spilled on the floors and let there. Children's belongings are everywhere and no one knows what goes where. Kids daily wear someone else's clothes and shoes. Morale is extremely low. Training is poor at best. If you are in management you will be expected to work well beyond 8 hrs every day even when circumstances do not warrant it. You are expected to put the job over your family at all times. The facility has a history of unethical and abusive behavior. Sadly in my short time there, despite reassurances from the CEO, the behaviors continued. The facility needs all new management from the CEO down to the unit supervisors. They need quality ethical leaders then and only then will fox run become what I was promised it was.
Pros
not many
Cons
unethical poor management job over family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FOX RUN HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9