Fox Sports Employee Reviews in United States

Great place
Director of Music / Music Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2016
Great place, Very fun atmosphere. Nothing better than music and sports. I had a wonderful 16 years there. I recommend it to anyone.
Pros
People
Cons
senior management
Director of Stadium Operations for FOX Regional Sports/YES Network
Director of Stadium Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
I am responsible for all Environmental Health & Safety as well as Technical Operations for FOX Regional Sports/YES Network at various sports venues in the New York area.
Pros
Compensation and work enviornment.
Cons
Work Hours
Could not wait to quit!
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 15, 2016
They treated us like children and played with everyone's schedules. I went through something personal that caused me to have to have surgery and was told to come back within 3 days or they would use my vacation time as opposed to my sick time. Many people took leave of absences just to get a break from the company. Seniority meant nothing. They are right now offering people who have been there for a certain amount of years a buyout to leave the company and forgo receiving retirement, calling it a "new direction!." One day manager was a really good Manager, not sure how the prime time manager became a manager without ever being an operator. One manager is special because he's been there since it all started so they just allow him to stay on and manage whatever he can since he was really bad at messing up schedules. A typical day was coming in 30 minutes before a live event unless you were given mandatory overtime, in that case you could be walking right into a pod and taking over. I learned a lot about live events by speaking to AD's and producer's at sporting events. The job was very easy if you learn technical things easy, the hardest part of the job was dealing with revolving schedules between 7am-3am, management treating us like children and endless new policies that seemed to be made just to find ways to fire people. Right now the newest policy is to not clock in 1 minute late or earlier than 5 minutes early for your shift, also, you may not request 2 saturdays off in a row. HR is really good! Co-workers attitudes are bi-polar, tread lightly or they will go to HR about  more... something you may or may not have said or done in hopes of getting you fired.  less
Pros
They feed you on the national holiday's you have to work on
Cons
You may or may not get a lunch or bathroom break if too many people call in, People call in a lot because they can't get vacation days approved, The pay is not great until you become level 3
Productive and fun work place
Runner/Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2016
Amazing staff and administration. The crew was always pleasant to work with and they are extremely dedicated to their production.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Lower pay in comparison to other production companies
Great opportunity to grow
UFC Production Intern, Production Assistant. (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed my time at FOX Sports. I feel as though it was a place that helped me grow professionally and develop skills that I can use at any job I have in the future.
N/a
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
The management I work with was good and motivating. They will tell you what they want you to hear and you expect to see some outcome with little given knowledge of the company.
Master Control Operator II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 27, 2012
Great experience to work for such a big company and well known network television like Fosxports. I have become such a better and more knowledgeable operator. Big beautiful facility with great a , positive environment, it makes it easier for us as operators to come in eager to work with new updated equipment, as we get a better learning experience since we have to get used to all new things coming in, as Foxsports keeps growing, so are we. I enjoy it all, I come in relief my morning shift operator, as I am a primetime operator, and get ready to do live events, lots of great games.
We do from MLB,NFL,NHL,Soccer, Trackside, well we cover all Proffesional sports, and College sports as well, I think is pretty cool, producers are nice and i enjoy learning the camera angles and all the terminolgy u get from seeing it everyday, so u get a side of production in your daily work life here, were you understand it and get to learn it as well. Over all is a great interesting carrer.
Pros
benefits & excellent pay
Cons
to be quite honest, can't really complaint.
I.m still there, I love it
Graphic Artist/Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I love this job. I have just the right balance of duties. I do on air graphics and production graphics. I have been here for 13 years.
Pros
great people
A bit about Fox Sports Net
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 20, 2013
The company was decent.
The average day as a facilities tech was much like a facilities tech anywhere else. The day was spent doing preventative maintenance, replacing light bulbs, and fixing the occasional piece of equipment that stopped working.
The main downside was the severe lack of advancement potential. The only way I could have gotten any advancement would have been if my boss retired or left. Even then, there would be a decent chance of Fox hiring outside the company.
Pros
decent pay. good benefits. friendly work environment
Cons
no chance of advancement.
Excellent management, excellent co-workers
Assignment Editor/Editorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 21, 2012
SportsNow, a department at Fox Sports in The Woodlands, is a excellent company to work for. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The management and co-workers are top-notch. I did work "freelance" therefore did not receive any benefits, but there are other departments that have do have benefits. Overall I have enjoyed my time there.
Productive workplace, poor management
Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2015
Oversaw all of the media and breaking news video content management for the day assigning work to staff. Helped build and manage social media brand awareness on many different fronts including youtube, facebook, twitter, etc. Management was very poor and lack of budgeting ultimately hindered our department. Many of my co-workers were friendly and fun to work with, but many were unhappy. Hardest part of the job was reacting to breaking news without panic. Most enjoyable part was working in sports.
Pros
meeting athletes, coaches and entertainers
Cons
no free lunch, short breaks, bad management
Interesting and exciting
Master Control Operator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 22, 2015
Great Company and very good rewards for your efforts and time spent with the company.
You learn great skills from your leaders and they guide you along to help you become the best at what you do.
I've learned new skills and feel more confident each day on the job, with the help of my co-workers on my shift, great people to work with , I feel honored to be apart of such a skilled team of people!
Pros
nice area to work, informative, outstanding equipment
fox sports
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 25, 2015
I worked on a showed called The Final score which was a daily highlight show that competed with Sportscenter. I would get around two games a day and create highlights plus scripts for the anchors to read.
Fast and Fun
Intern, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2015
This department is vibrant and youthful. It is very fast paced and keeps workers on its toes. I enjoyed being in the know with today's sports and watching games as a part of my work.
Serious national television atmosphere
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2014
FOX Sports has a serious attitude and atmosphere when it comes to its television production. This environment can become stressful at times but has provided me with great experience for my first job out of college. The rest of the staff is made up of great people who are all passionate about the world of sports and are excited to perform within their job every day. Unfortunately, FOX seems to lack the infrastructure of a television network whose main goal is to compete with ESPN. This lack of infrastructure often interferes with the employees ability to do their jobs effectively. As a result some shows suffer in quality, although it is difficult to notice from an outside perspective. Finally, a lack of opportunities to move up in the company has led several employees at the Production Assistant level to look for opportunities elsewhere, including myself.
Pros
job location, people you work with
Cons
lack of infrastructure, difficulty in getting promoted
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Assistant Ticker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2014
It's that season again. NFL season who's ready for some football (jingle)! I am definitely ready for some football!!! Great place to work for when you are an NFL fan. At the time, I was most fortunate to work for this company FOX SPORTS. Great bunch of people from management to your fellow co-workers it was an immense joy to be in. Best of all is the legends of football like Terry Bradshaw, James Brown, Jimmy Johnson, and Howie Long it was awesome to watch these guys host the show. The hardest part of the job was contacting the press box and learning to use honey and tactfulness to extract information for the TV host to be used on live air updates for their NFL fans.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching their special guest interviews. Sure you get a lot of Hollywood and NFL celebrities but the one that will always stick out personally to me was the Jimmy Johnson's interview. His time with the Dallas Cowboys and his philosophical look on the sport and in general "life".

He quoted, "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall". ---Vince Lombardi

I kept this to heart and I am so fortunate to be there... Overall, FOX SPORTS is a great company to work for.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a seasonal job
Productive, efficient, busy yet friendly atmosphere
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2013
Typical day consists daily reports to our director, checking up current workflows, projects and meeting with producers/directors/management heads to ensure a dependable and successful department. In addition, complete all daily tasks as well as set up meetings to ensure proper up to data date materials relating to our workplace.
Pros
great coworkers, friendly atmosphere
Cons
west side traffic
High energy and educational work place
Broadcast Journalism Intern (Former Employee) –  USJune 26, 2013
I did broadcast journalism work in which I shadowed a sideline reporter; I also had the opportunity to work the superbowl. I worked NFL games on Sundays and occasionally Mondays. A typical day would be assisting with pre game assignments making up questions for the reporter, following the game and giving constant updates. I learned so much about the business and I really enjoyed working for Fox Sports. Great people who were tough, but very welcoming surrounded me and they always helped with anything and everything.
Pros
very enjoyable, great people, learned a lot
Cons
n/a
Productive and Busy work place
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
Worked on Fox Sports Live.
- Cut and wrote highlights for multiple sports including: NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB PGA Tour, Tennis, Nascar, NCAA Basketball/Football/Baseball, WNBA and Rugby,
- Logged and clipped games for archiving purposes
- Handled Gamebreaks which sent out mini highlights to multiple affiliates
- Used iNews to write and work runs downs
- Quantel for cutting highlights.
Pros
free food, nice people, helpful
Cons
lack of good communication
Good and Bad
Employee (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2013
The employees are great. Management structure is poor, no leadership. Opportunity for advancement does not exist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2