Fox Sports

Fox Sports Employer Reviews

fun and interesting job
Runner (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 15, 2014
I really enjoyed being a runner for FOX Sports. I got to see a lot of the ins and outs of sports broadcasting. Many of the upper management went out of their way to show me the ropes.
Fun Workplace
Stats Writer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
Get to meet various athletes around the football league getting to know them learning there likes and dislikes
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Assistant Ticker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: a seasonal job
It's that season again. NFL season who's ready for some football (jingle)! I am definitely ready for some football!!! Great place to work for when you are an NFL fan. At the time, I was most fortunate to work for this company FOX SPORTS. Great bunch of people from management to your fellow co-workers it was an immense joy to be in. Best of all is the – more... legends of football like Terry Bradshaw, James Brown, Jimmy Johnson, and Howie Long it was awesome to watch these guys host the show. The hardest part of the job was contacting the press box and learning to use honey and tactfulness to extract information for the TV host to be used on live air updates for their NFL fans.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching their special guest interviews. Sure you get a lot of Hollywood and NFL celebrities but the one that will always stick out personally to me was the Jimmy Johnson's interview. His time with the Dallas Cowboys and his philosophical look on the sport and in general "life".

He quoted, "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall". ---Vince Lombardi

I kept this to heart and I am so fortunate to be there... Overall, FOX SPORTS is a great company to work for. – less
Productive and Busy work place
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free food, nice people, helpful
Cons: lack of good communication
Worked on Fox Sports Live.
- Cut and wrote highlights for multiple sports including: NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB PGA Tour, Tennis, Nascar, NCAA Basketball/Football/Baseball, WNBA and Rugby,
- Logged and clipped games for archiving purposes
- Handled Gamebreaks which sent out mini highlights to multiple affiliates
- Used iNews to write and work runs downs
- Quantel – more... for cutting highlights. – less
Productive and motivating place to work at.
Freelance Editor (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 27, 2014
A very exciting and encouraging place to work, and its great to be surrounded by excellent people.
Love Warner Bros.!!!
Writers Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 25, 2014
Great studio to work for. Loved every second of it, had a great team around me and never had any complaints.
Solid Internship
Sports Department Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: media access
Cons: long hours
Helped logged sports highlights, and learned how the broadcasting world revolves.
Fun Day thinking about Sports
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: fun people
I love sports, any kind. Getting the opportunity to place ads and commcericals for my favorite teams is everything I could asked for at the moment in time.
Freelace - runner
Fox Freelance (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 25, 2013
Started working here hanging banners, keeping stats and getting talent rosters or water (have to start somewhere). Paid well, and got to get a good look at the high pressure job of live NFL productions. Really showed me this is wanted I wanted to do for a living.
Fun place to work with room for advancement
Associate Director (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 23, 2013
Currently working as a contro room associate director on various sports programs.
Good and Bad
Employee (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2013
The employees are great. Management structure is poor, no leadership. Opportunity for advancement does not exist.
High energy and educational work place
Broadcast Journalism Intern (Former Employee), USJune 26, 2013
Pros: very enjoyable, great people, learned a lot
Cons: n/a
I did broadcast journalism work in which I shadowed a sideline reporter; I also had the opportunity to work the superbowl. I worked NFL games on Sundays and occasionally Mondays. A typical day would be assisting with pre game assignments making up questions for the reporter, following the game and giving constant updates. I learned so much about the – more... business and I really enjoyed working for Fox Sports. Great people who were tough, but very welcoming surrounded me and they always helped with anything and everything. – less
Productive, efficient, busy yet friendly atmosphere
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, friendly atmosphere
Cons: west side traffic
Typical day consists daily reports to our director, checking up current workflows, projects and meeting with producers/directors/management heads to ensure a dependable and successful department. In addition, complete all daily tasks as well as set up meetings to ensure proper up to data date materials relating to our workplace.
Operations/Production Associate
Operations/Production Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaMarch 14, 2013
Pros: coworkers, enthusiasm by others
Cons: the processing. i'm not a fan of paper pushing.
A typical day at work consists of coordinating the daily production functions at Fox Soccer Channel. From putting out production packets for our in studio shows to booking associate directors to games we broadcast.

I've learned that details are a big key to making sure everything flows well. Having the specifics down makes things easier in the long – more... run. They keep you ahead of the game and the problems out of our hair.

By observing my managers I've noticed how important it is to have a solid relations with people. In the end most of anything done the world is people working with people. Being able to adapt to someone who might make things difficult is very important. Handling personalities, when to push them, when to let them be, are all keys to running a successful business.

It's important to work with people you enjoy being around. Being able to trust that your coworkers will perform the job up to the correct standard takes a load off one's shoulders.

The hardest part of the job is having a multitude of assignments to worry about. It's not necessarily hard as much as it has to do with time management. Very important to give yourself enough time to handle different parts of a production. I've learned to not spread myself to thin as your work will show that. Prioritizing and planning accordingly are musts in my line of work.

The most enjoyable part is to see our productions running smoothly on tv. Anything we do has a final product, and our shows are basically it. – less
A bit about Fox Sports Net
Facilities Technician (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: decent pay. good benefits. friendly work environment
Cons: no chance of advancement.
The company was decent.
The average day as a facilities tech was much like a facilities tech anywhere else. The day was spent doing preventative maintenance, replacing light bulbs, and fixing the occasional piece of equipment that stopped working.
The main downside was the severe lack of advancement potential. The only way I could have gotten any advancement – more... would have been if my boss retired or left. Even then, there would be a decent chance of Fox hiring outside the company. – less
Master Control Operator II (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 27, 2012
Pros: benefits & excellent pay
Cons: to be quite honest, can't really complaint.
Great experience to work for such a big company and well known network television like Fosxports. I have become such a better and more knowledgeable operator. Big beautiful facility with great a , positive environment, it makes it easier for us as operators to come in eager to work with new updated equipment, as we get a better learning experience since – more... we have to get used to all new things coming in, as Foxsports keeps growing, so are we. I enjoy it all, I come in relief my morning shift operator, as I am a primetime operator, and get ready to do live events, lots of great games.
We do from MLB,NFL,NHL,Soccer, Trackside, well we cover all Proffesional sports, and College sports as well, I think is pretty cool, producers are nice and i enjoy learning the camera angles and all the terminolgy u get from seeing it everyday, so u get a side of production in your daily work life here, were you understand it and get to learn it as well. Over all is a great interesting carrer. – less
Excellent management, excellent co-workers
Assignment Editor/Editorial Assistant (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 21, 2012
SportsNow, a department at Fox Sports in The Woodlands, is a excellent company to work for. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The management and co-workers are top-notch. I did work "freelance" therefore did not receive any benefits, but there are other departments that have do have benefits. Overall I have enjoyed my time there.
Gained a lot of experience
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2012
Great place to work with great atmosphere. Great team environment. Very fast paced.
Interning at such a great place was...
International Digital Database Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2012
Interning at such a great place was very educational and motivational
for a young editor such as myself.
Proyección internacional
Productora Creativa (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFApril 10, 2014
Al ser un empresa internacional, el impacto del trabajo puede llegar a ser continental y hasta mundial.

About Fox Sports

This News is heard, seen, and read all over the globe. The world's #2 media conglomerate (behind Walt Disney), News Corporation – Read more