Fox Sports Employee Reviews

Not very secure unless you have friends in high places
highlights (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2017
It can be busy and that's fine. Working in sports is great. Not very diverse. The higher ups who decide the best paying shifts have been there for a while and have friends that get the best ones. Everyone else gets the scraps lefty over.
Pros
working in sports
Cons
no room for advancement
Mobile QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAApril 21, 2017
I worked there for one and half year.Great team that worked well together and liked each other enough to hang out outside of the office.It's sports, and it feels like a sports company.Lots of great people, relaxed fun work environment, free lunch, TVs everywhere
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Lots of layoffs, lack of communication and no official training
Productive workplace
Media Associate (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 13, 2017
Day-to-day interaction with multiple departments. Nice working environment. Workstations are nicely set up unlike the typical cubical. Occasional interactions with talent from shows.
Internship
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
This internship was a good intro into media relations. Typically, I would send out news clips to all of FOX Sports summating relevant current events. The NYC location was a small, tight knit space. The hardest part of the job was staying busy and finding important things to do after completing given tasks.
exciting and fun
Runner, Fox Sports, Green Bay (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 4, 2017
This is a great opportunity to see the behind the scenes take place of how a sports event is produced and aired. It is very hard to advance from this position, but it's a lot of fun!
Pros
exciting, fun
Cons
high pressure
Great Place to Work
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
WRSU is perfect for anyone wanting a career in radio. It gives an opportunity to work with other students and learn more about the ins and outs of the radio industry, as well as making friends along the way.
Daily hire situation receiving schedule 1 week at a time, no benefits, unhealthy environment.
Digital Media Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2017
The pay is top tier, however, the culture is not very healthy due to receiving schedules 1 week at a time with the hours constantly changing, no benefits whatsoever, no guarantee of work from week to week, and no differentiating between the hard workers and the slackers.
Productive environnent the company allows you to take advantage of the resources they have to build relationships in the community
Pet Lifestyle Expert & Television Reporter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Fox Sports was a great place to work because the groups cultivates a supportive environment for employees to learn new things everyday.
Pros
Exclusive access to sports game viewing
Sports leader in content and global distribution outlets.
Producer/Writer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2016
Fun atmosphere to work within. Stressful at times, but the end products always make it worthy! Vast outlets for artists, producers, managers, and creators!
One of the Best!
Senior Digital Content Producer (FOX Sports One) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2016
A great overall place to work, build a career and grow in the industry. As one of the leaders in sports media, there is a lot to learn and utilize in establishing yourself for a solid future.

Want to know more about Fox Sports?

Ask a question
Fun and Rewarding learning experiences providing growth and self realization
Digital Video Producer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2016
A learned A LOT about satellite video transmission and internet video transmission.

Hardest thing about working at FOX Sports - There is not really a set procedure to do any one task. It's a more off-the-cuff nature of doing business.

The most enjoyable part of working at FOX Sports - Many learning opportunities.
Pros
Watching sports, working with good, uplifting and positive stories
Cons
temporary contract position
Great place with great smart people
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2016
Lots of things going on. I learned the ins and outs of the company. Knowing where everything is located and who to go to if i need an answer. Utilizing your resources is key.
Great career job
Master Control Operator III (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 28, 2016
Loved my job, I was born to operate Live National Television!!! A Master Control Operator is putting/operating live sports or any type of programming for viewers to watch on TV.
Pros
Full benefits and the knowledge you get from working in such environment.
Cons
seasonal sports games with long hours of broadcast to handle. Tiresome!
Productive and fun work place
Runner/Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2016
Amazing staff and administration. The crew was always pleasant to work with and they are extremely dedicated to their production.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Lower pay in comparison to other production companies
Director of Stadium Operations for FOX Regional Sports/YES Network
Director of Stadium Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
I am responsible for all Environmental Health & Safety as well as Technical Operations for FOX Regional Sports/YES Network at various sports venues in the New York area.
Pros
Compensation and work enviornment.
Cons
Work Hours
N/a
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
The management I work with was good and motivating. They will tell you what they want you to hear and you expect to see some outcome with little given knowledge of the company.
Great opportunity to grow
UFC Production Intern, Production Assistant. (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed my time at FOX Sports. I feel as though it was a place that helped me grow professionally and develop skills that I can use at any job I have in the future.
Could not wait to quit!
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 15, 2016
They treated us like children and played with everyone's schedules. I went through something personal that caused me to have to have surgery and was told to come back within 3 days or they would use my vacation time as opposed to my sick time. Many people took leave of absences just to get a break from the company. Seniority meant nothing. They are right now offering people who have been there for a certain amount of years a buyout to leave the company and forgo receiving retirement, calling it a "new direction!." One day manager was a really good Manager, not sure how the prime time manager became a manager without ever being an operator. One manager is special because he's been there since it all started so they just allow him to stay on and manage whatever he can since he was really bad at messing up schedules. A typical day was coming in 30 minutes before a live event unless you were given mandatory overtime, in that case you could be walking right into a pod and taking over. I learned a lot about live events by speaking to AD's and producer's at sporting events. The job was very easy if you learn technical things easy, the hardest part of the job was dealing with revolving schedules between 7am-3am, management treating us like children and endless new policies that seemed to be made just to find ways to fire people. Right now the newest policy is to not clock in 1 minute late or earlier than 5 minutes early for your shift, also, you may not request 2 saturdays off in a row. HR is really good! Co-workers attitudes are bi-polar, tread lightly or they will go to HR about  more... something you may or may not have said or done in hopes of getting you fired.  less
Pros
They feed you on the national holiday's you have to work on
Cons
You may or may not get a lunch or bathroom break if too many people call in, People call in a lot because they can't get vacation days approved, The pay is not great until you become level 3
Great place
Director of Music / Music Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2016
Great place, Very fun atmosphere. Nothing better than music and sports. I had a wonderful 16 years there. I recommend it to anyone.
Pros
People
Cons
senior management
I.m still there, I love it
Graphic Artist/Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I love this job. I have just the right balance of duties. I do on air graphics and production graphics. I have been here for 13 years.
Pros
great people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Sports. Our community is ready to answer.