Fox Sports Employee Reviews

Fun and Rewarding learning experiences providing growth and self realization
Digital Video Producer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 21, 2016
A learned A LOT about satellite video transmission and internet video transmission.

Hardest thing about working at FOX Sports - There is not really a set procedure to do any one task. It's a more off-the-cuff nature of doing business.

The most enjoyable part of working at FOX Sports - Many learning opportunities.
Pros
Watching sports, working with good, uplifting and positive stories
Cons
temporary contract position
Sports leader in content and global distribution outlets.
Producer/Writer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2016
Fun atmosphere to work within. Stressful at times, but the end products always make it worthy! Vast outlets for artists, producers, managers, and creators!
One of the Best!
Senior Digital Content Producer (FOX Sports One) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 18, 2016
A great overall place to work, build a career and grow in the industry. As one of the leaders in sports media, there is a lot to learn and utilize in establishing yourself for a solid future.
Great career job
Master Control Operator III (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 28, 2016
Loved my job, I was born to operate Live National Television!!! A Master Control Operator is putting/operating live sports or any type of programming for viewers to watch on TV.
Pros
Full benefits and the knowledge you get from working in such environment.
Cons
seasonal sports games with long hours of broadcast to handle. Tiresome!
Great place with great smart people
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 21, 2016
Lots of things going on. I learned the ins and outs of the company. Knowing where everything is located and who to go to if i need an answer. Utilizing your resources is key.
Director of Stadium Operations for FOX Regional Sports/YES Network
Director of Stadium Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
I am responsible for all Environmental Health & Safety as well as Technical Operations for FOX Regional Sports/YES Network at various sports venues in the New York area.
Pros
Compensation and work enviornment.
Cons
Work Hours
Productive and fun work place
Runner/Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2016
Amazing staff and administration. The crew was always pleasant to work with and they are extremely dedicated to their production.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Lower pay in comparison to other production companies
N/a
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
The management I work with was good and motivating. They will tell you what they want you to hear and you expect to see some outcome with little given knowledge of the company.
Great opportunity to grow
UFC Production Intern, Production Assistant. (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed my time at FOX Sports. I feel as though it was a place that helped me grow professionally and develop skills that I can use at any job I have in the future.
Great place
Director of Music / Music Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2016
Great place, Very fun atmosphere. Nothing better than music and sports. I had a wonderful 16 years there. I recommend it to anyone.
Pros
People
Cons
senior management
I.m still there, I love it
Graphic Artist/Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I love this job. I have just the right balance of duties. I do on air graphics and production graphics. I have been here for 13 years.
Pros
great people
Productive workplace, poor management
Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2015
Oversaw all of the media and breaking news video content management for the day assigning work to staff. Helped build and manage social media brand awareness on many different fronts including youtube, facebook, twitter, etc. Management was very poor and lack of budgeting ultimately hindered our department. Many of my co-workers were friendly and fun to work with, but many were unhappy. Hardest part of the job was reacting to breaking news without panic. Most enjoyable part was working in sports.
Pros
meeting athletes, coaches and entertainers
Cons
no free lunch, short breaks, bad management
Interesting and exciting
Master Control Operator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 22, 2015
Great Company and very good rewards for your efforts and time spent with the company.
You learn great skills from your leaders and they guide you along to help you become the best at what you do.
I've learned new skills and feel more confident each day on the job, with the help of my co-workers on my shift, great people to work with , I feel honored to be apart of such a skilled team of people!
Pros
nice area to work, informative, outstanding equipment
Productive and Busy work place
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
Worked on Fox Sports Live.
- Cut and wrote highlights for multiple sports including: NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB PGA Tour, Tennis, Nascar, NCAA Basketball/Football/Baseball, WNBA and Rugby,
- Logged and clipped games for archiving purposes
- Handled Gamebreaks which sent out mini highlights to multiple affiliates
- Used iNews to write and work runs downs
- Quantel for cutting highlights.
Pros
Free Food, nice people, helpful
Cons
Lack of Good Communication
A bit about Fox Sports Net
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 20, 2013
The company was decent.
The average day as a facilities tech was much like a facilities tech anywhere else. The day was spent doing preventative maintenance, replacing light bulbs, and fixing the occasional piece of equipment that stopped working.
The main downside was the severe lack of advancement potential. The only way I could have gotten any advancement would have been if my boss retired or left. Even then, there would be a decent chance of Fox hiring outside the company.
Pros
decent pay. good benefits. friendly work environment
Cons
no chance of advancement.
High energy and educational work place
Broadcast Journalism Intern (Former Employee) –  USJune 26, 2013
I did broadcast journalism work in which I shadowed a sideline reporter; I also had the opportunity to work the superbowl. I worked NFL games on Sundays and occasionally Mondays. A typical day would be assisting with pre game assignments making up questions for the reporter, following the game and giving constant updates. I learned so much about the business and I really enjoyed working for Fox Sports. Great people who were tough, but very welcoming surrounded me and they always helped with anything and everything.
Pros
Very enjoyable, great people, learned a lot
Cons
n/a
Excellent management, excellent co-workers
Assignment Editor/Editorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 21, 2012
SportsNow, a department at Fox Sports in The Woodlands, is a excellent company to work for. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The management and co-workers are top-notch. I did work "freelance" therefore did not receive any benefits, but there are other departments that have do have benefits. Overall I have enjoyed my time there.
fox sports
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 25, 2015
I worked on a showed called The Final score which was a daily highlight show that competed with Sportscenter. I would get around two games a day and create highlights plus scripts for the anchors to read.
Freelace - runner
Fox Freelance (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 25, 2013
Started working here hanging banners, keeping stats and getting talent rosters or water (have to start somewhere). Paid well, and got to get a good look at the high pressure job of live NFL productions. Really showed me this is wanted I wanted to do for a living.
Serious national television atmosphere
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2014
FOX Sports has a serious attitude and atmosphere when it comes to its television production. This environment can become stressful at times but has provided me with great experience for my first job out of college. The rest of the staff is made up of great people who are all passionate about the world of sports and are excited to perform within their job every day. Unfortunately, FOX seems to lack the infrastructure of a television network whose main goal is to compete with ESPN. This lack of infrastructure often interferes with the employees ability to do their jobs effectively. As a result some shows suffer in quality, although it is difficult to notice from an outside perspective. Finally, a lack of opportunities to move up in the company has led several employees at the Production Assistant level to look for opportunities elsewhere, including myself.
Pros
Job location, people you work with
Cons
lack of infrastructure, difficulty in getting promoted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fox Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2