FOX TELEVISION STATIONS Employee Reviews in United States

Good benefits, but poor management
Producer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2016
The station has an amazing benefits and compensation package, but the station has poor middle management which leads to conflicts and unrealistic expectations. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet metrics which are constantly changing and dealing with a middle manager who pushes any negative trends onto the backs of subordinates despite metrics.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No ability to grow within the company
Productive and fun workplace with great management
Finance Assistant /Office Management (Former Employee) –  1211 Ave of the Americas New York, NY 10036February 7, 2016
At Fox, I have learned so much about Finance from the corporate office perspective. My direct reports have made all the difference in my experience here. I truly enjoyed working with several departments such as Finance, Accounts Payable, Accounting, and helping maintain the office. My coworkers and I all got along extremely well with one another. We were all team players who genuinely cared about one another and were committed to the company's success. Management was caring, and treated all employees with respect. We felt that we were all a large family working together toward a common goal.
Pros
Great work/life balance, friendly environment, many opportunities for growth, recognition for innovation. Membership gym, great cafeteria, great management team
Cons
if your a freelancer, it takes a long time to get a job, but with hardwork and dedication, they will help you become a full time employee
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2015
Overall, positive work environment, but cooperation and coordination among departments is lacking. Management effectiveness varies by department.
Chief Engineer came from the Las Vegas hub and is a complete buffoon.
Utility (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2015
Co-workers are nice but management doesn't have a clue in most cases. 70% turnover rate!
I would avoid this location and look someplace else.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
How most managers got their positions is anybodys guess.
Great oppurtunity to learn about television production
Stand-In (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJuly 24, 2015
Being a Stand-in at Fox Studios Television Show Bones allowed me to not only have an experience of the day in the life of the cast, but also the crew. I obtained a great deal of knowledge of behind the scene production in the position.
Pros
Being on a film set with a great production team
Cons
limited work
Hates their hourly employees
Traffic (Former Employee) –  2 diff stationsFebruary 17, 2015
Management is hateful. Fox has the attitude of taking care of managers and hourly workers are a dime a dozen. The employee handbook is for looks. They try to screw you at every turn. Harassment, hostile, and if you want a life outside of Fox, then you're not a team player. No room for advancement or growth. Miserable place. Have anti-depressants on hand.
benefits
Cons
management, no life balance, pay cuts, terrible raises, hostile
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
No one work day is ever the same. I've learned much more about finance from the corporate office perspective. I've always dealt with budgets, but not in as much detail. My direct reports have made all the difference in my experience here. They've always trusted my judgement and have always kept the lines of communication open. Part of my job is developing healthy relationships with my co-workers. This allows us to work well together on special projects coordination. The hardest part of my job has been to see a few good people leave the company. The most enjoyable part is the constant learning cycle.
Pros
casual friday with lunch, onsite fitness center, cafe
Worst Place I've Ever Worked In Many Ways
Non Management Lowlife (Former Employee) –  Fox Television HellJanuary 26, 2013
This company could be so much more efficient, productive and could really go places if it wasn't being completely managed by Finance. Gross lack of experience and knowledge at high levels translates to horrible working environment where the rubber meets the road.

Red tape, delays, incompetence, hypocrisy, coverups you name it this place is at the top of the dungheap. By all means if you want to be suicidal or an alcoholic in under a year, take a job at FTS!!!

If you want to keep your sanity go somewhere else.
Pros
great pay, great benefits, lots of talented quality people outside new york
Cons
horrific management with a few exceptions in new york.
Good pay but the worst environment ever
Director, Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2012
So this place is a hostile work environment and there have even been lawsuits. I don't recommend working there; however, if you are a person that doesn't mind getting yelled at, told how stupid you and your team are blah blah blah then you will enjoy the fact that the pay is good and so are the benefits.
Avoid at all cost
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJanuary 13, 2015
There is no room for growth and when you try to grow they push you down.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive, enjoyable workplace, where everyone cared about one another and worked diligently toward the success of the show.
Full time News Photojournalist/Videographer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 21, 2014
Working at Chasing New Jersey was an outstanding experience. I was a news photographer who accompanied reporters into the field on a variety of news stories. In addition, I also did in studio video camera work as the show was on air. From time to time I assisted in video editing of our work from the field. I learned a great deal about putting together and being part of a new show from the initial ground floor stages to becoming an on air live television news show. My coworkers and I all got along extremely well with one another. We were all team players who genuinely cared about one another and were committed to the show’s success. Management was caring, and treated all employees with respect. We felt that we were all a large family working together toward a common goal.
The hardest part of the job was being laid off as a result of my department (video photographers) being dissolved. It was truly a joy to go to work every day and work with such a talented staff!
Pros
up beat, enjoyable place to work
A place to grow and expand
Ad-Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
In 7 years, I went from fresh out of college to very knowledgeable of the business, both from a TV and web standpoint.

2.7