Fox Valley Technical College Employee Reviews

I love working here!
Student Life Intern (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 7, 2017
Great place to work. Supportive and helpful coworkers and overall, a great company to complete an internship with. I love that the department I work in allows me to use and apply my knowledge. No micromanagement in the Student Life Department at all. Love, love love interning here!
Perfect job!
Student Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Chute, WIMay 31, 2017
I had a great time working in the Student Activities office. I worked this job while attending school at Fox Valley Tech. It was flexible and I was scheduled during the times I was free. I enjoyed getting to know the staff and students. The most important part of this position was registration time. Our office assisted a lot with this process. I felt the pay I received was perfect for the duties I was responsible for.
Pros
Working with staff and students.
Cons
None.
Great!
Human Biology Nutrition/Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 29, 2017
Fox Valley Technical College gave me amazing opportunities to continue my education! Though I this facility isn't a work place, I attended as a student.
Fun place to work at.
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 10, 2017
My overall experience working for this company was the joy of meeting new people interested in changing their career choice or even starting a new career choice.
doing security work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 10, 2017
it was a good job and was rewording in what i learned. i worked in fon du lac and in Oshkosh at the schools doing general security work like documenting incidents and doing petrol around the schools and checking doors to make sure they are locked.
Pros
good exereance
Cons
hard to balence school and that job
Pleasant environment
Secretarial/Office Support (Current Employee) –  Waupaca, WIOctober 18, 2016
Typical office environment. Working on phones, computers, directing visitors. Talking to students making sure everyone has a good experience at Fox Valley Technical College
Pros
Good pay and hours
Cons
unsure
Fun and educational workplace
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 5, 2016
Learned a lot about IT help desk and computer networking. Colleagues were very helpful in teaching and working with you
Productive and amazing place.
Internation Exchange Program Student (Former Employee) –  Appleton, state of Wisconsin, USASeptember 26, 2016
Fox valley Technical College is a wonderful place to learn about different culture, leadership challenges, build confidence and many more things. It is a technical institution where I pursued technical knowledge in the field of Business Management and Administration.
Pros
Improves skills to build my career.
Cons
does a great job educating
part-time and adjunct clinical instructor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 24, 2016
FVTC was a great place to work. Enjoyed the students very much and most of the other educators. A few educators that were on staff a long time weren't very open to other approaches, set in ways and rather protected from management/tenure. Loved the simulation lab!
Pros
students, off campus training sites, overall set up
Cons
staff that has been there too long and locked in to same old methods
Good experience and productive
Internship (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 4, 2016
I loved doing my internship so everyday it was an adventure because I was eager to learn new things everyday. I learned engineering skills, commutation and working with people from different diversity and background, time management, logic circuits were hard to design sometimes. Learning new skills was the part i really enjoyed.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
8 hours
A Cool Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor-Global Business, HR Management (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 5, 2016
There are challenges and success's, and most importantly this is a place that supports their students and garner their abilities to rise and exceed expectations.
Pros
Classrooms, Technology, Hours
Cons
Advancement
Fox Valley Technical College
I assist the Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 31, 2015
I worked as an intern for enrollment. I would come into the office, log into my computer and phone. I would get logged into PeopleSoft so that I could help students when they came into the office. I took payments, helped students register for classes, apply for college, apply for financial aid, answered phone calls, answered questions students asked (if I didn't know the answer I found out the answer), filled promotional material when empty, wiped down surfaces at night when we closed the office, and counted my drawer. I had a very good experience at Fox Valley Technical College. I was able to get a degree and work hands on learning interpersonal skills, computer skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills. I would have liked to stay because for full time employees they have good benefits and it is a pleasant place to work. I love helping people improve their lives. I like to make a difference.
Support Staff
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fox Valley, WIOctober 15, 2015
I had a positive experience working at Fox Valley Technical College, which is located in Appleton, Oshkosh, Chilton, Clintonville, and Neenah.
Productive, fun, and interersting work place where cultural differences and learning skills match perfectly.
Math Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 16, 2014
The Oshkosh TLC is really smaller than the Appleton one, so it's quieter. Some day you can just have 4 hours blank, and another, you can face a rush of people. It's although really interesting because you can meet very different students with very different skills and problems, so you have top adapt your way of teaching each of them.
All the tutors are very friendly with each other and really nice. It's really cosy in there.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes telling a student that you can't help them because you're not the tutor they need, this one being missing and you being the only resource available, or being unable to get to a point with a student because they really don't understand what you are explaining them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the satisfaction of seing a student satisfied with what you taught them, definitely.
Pros
Free giveaway stuff, free snacks from time to time, good atmosphere, and very valuable classes.
Cons
Until now, everything is great for me, I don't have anything to complain about.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 29, 2014
Excellent place to earn an associates degree in printing & publishing.
School work and pay
Math Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 3, 2014
It was a very good job.

It gave me time to do my homework while helping fellow students with theirs.
Opportunites abound
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 14, 2014
There is no typical day at work. Never bored. Ongoing educational opportunities.
Pros
Ongoing education
Cons
Union
High level of education and cares about their students.
EMS Skills Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 20, 2013
Affords their students with high level of technology and promotes excellent quality education
Great work environment. Got to utilize my communications skills to help college students with various course work.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 18, 2013
I got to assist college students with various assignments, testing, etc.
Pros
getting to help others
Cons
teachers failing to supply syllabus
Fun work environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 29, 2013
A typical day of work involves guiding young prospective students around campus and teaching them about programs that they are interested in. Management was great to work with and they are very understanding when it comes to scheduling around school. Co-workers are fellow students so its pretty easy to get along. The hardest part of the job is learning all the required information.