Foxwoods Resort & Casino Employee Reviews in United States

no complaints but not love after 16 years
Lead Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTDecember 15, 2015
There is no Job security or growth at Foxwoods. Outsiders will come in and take all of the good promotions they do not promote from with in. there is also a lot of politics involved. its not about doing your job better than anybody else to get a promotion if there ever is on its about who is buddy buddy. if you are a good politician you will go far if you are a hard worker better off going else were. Hard workers have it the hardest there. Other than the lack of growth and the games played the place is great!. Payed my bills for 16 years. heath care good, dental good. No retirement plan unless your a VP. Rate of pay could be better. Management is an issue they have the good ole boy stick together no matter what montra so don't ever look for help from any body in upper management if you have an issue with something. Just keep your head down say nothing, and you will do good.
Pros
free lunch, good heath care
Cons
Management's mentality, Doesn't promote form within.
Beware
security officer (Former Employee) –  throughout the unitOctober 4, 2015
This is a dangerous place to work. The only way I survived was because I am indian and they have obligations to me by their law and codes. However, I witnessed dangerous and criminal activities that were not addressed and I would have been fired for reporting them had I not been indian.
Pros
free meals
Cons
the meals will probably make you sick
Busy place to work
Gaming Commission Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTJune 25, 2015
It was great working for the Largest Tribal Casino in the world. It was a fast pace work enviroment with a lot of things changing day to day. The Casino industury continue to grow and Foxwoods Resort & Casino will continue to be at the for front for years to come.
Pros
Get Benifits
Cons
Long drive to work
Meeting new people
Cook/Master Cook (Current Employee) –  Mashentucket, CTMay 21, 2015
Good place to work and meet new people. Was a good experience for me. It opened up some areas that I would have never tried. It's fast paced and has great benefits
fun place to work
Rewards Representative (Current Employee) –  Ledyard, CTApril 29, 2015
I enjoy my job as I enjoy people. I deal with personalities and cultures of every nationality. The point is to remember everyone is different and just treat with the service you would like to receive if you were on the other side: respect, listen and help the best to your job ability.
Challenging & Rewarding
Director of Theatrical Operations - Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTMarch 23, 2015
During the five years I worked for Foxwoods, I helped them grow from a one room high steaks bingo hall, to the largest Casino Resort in the world. It was my responsibility to select & purchase all the audio systems for the property including, show rooms, lounges, ballrooms, as well as the property wide background music & paging systems.
Pros
got to buy the latest & greatest audio technologies
Cons
working for a sovereign nation
it is a more serious place to work with no excuses & the hours are good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTNovember 10, 2014
go to work, get a cash register for whichever job the managers send you to, and you mainly work the registers. i've learned how to become a responsible and a respectful employee in the work field, there are many co-workers due to more employees per shift than a normal job would have working at once. the hardest part of the job was taking care of the customers because of how busy it is & the most enjoyable part of the job is the bonding between you & the other employees as you work.
Pros
free lunch, one hour break
Cons
busy, physically & mentally draining
Productive, large well run workplace.
Poker dealer / Poker Room Supervisor (Dual Rate) (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTOctober 17, 2014
Prominant, first class, competitive poker room. One of the largest in country.
Pros
great benefits; employee union; provided meal and beverages
Cons
employee union; extensive comute
Nice place to work
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTJuly 31, 2014
so many potions always hiring people are is to get along with free cooked lunch to cafe paid backs transportation available day care reimbursement
Great People; difficult Tribe.
Director of Technology (Former Employee) –  MashantucketJune 21, 2014
Great Co workers and management for the most part. Awesome facility and excellent food. Good benefits and good pay. But tribal perks cut so deeply into the company profits that it affect the stability of the organization. No one begrudge them their due but their programs were barely sustainable in good economic times. Killed the goose when times got tough. Plus, many tribal members were just mean. Mistreated staff and felt entitled to do so. One understands but it's still wrong. I miss working there. Miss the people on the reservation. But at the end of the day they blamed everyone else for their troubles. I tried to help but no one would listen. It's kind of like a bad marriage. At some point you just have to walk away. I wish you all the best.
Pros
great staff, great facility, great food.
Cons
lots of anger and hostility. worse still, that's thought of as acceptable
strong and stable
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTApril 29, 2014
business will grow as long as the economy is on the rise. Many doors will open for a potential employee in the future with great learning experience and many opportunities to grow your career.
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTApril 2, 2014
Every day at work was different. Nothing was ever the same. I learned discipline and the need to work together and depend on others. There is a lot of petty drama that goes on within the department. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the intoxicated patrons and never knowing what they will do or how they will act towards you or others.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
management was very poor.
Great benefits
Retail Associate/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTFebruary 26, 2014
Loading and unloading truck everyday, learned how to do inventory,shipping and receiving, enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers, hardest part of my job was driving on bad roads in the winter. Enjoyed being on the employee group counsel, helping other workers and delivering merchandise to the stores.
Diverse Working Environment
Assistant Shift Manager - Security (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, ConnecticutNovember 26, 2013
Fast past environment surrounded by a diverse group of people. Management is divided and can be seen by the front line employees. Most front line employees prefer a manager who is friend and not one who actually manages.
Pros
free lunches, paid vacation and sick time, 401k and medical coverage
Cons
management is limited in how to manage
Fun & exciting
Poker Dealer and Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTAugust 16, 2013
Great place to work. One of the best places to work in ct. Great benefits.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Good work place
Table Games Dealer & Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTJuly 30, 2013
I learned a great deal working at Foxwoods. Blackjack and Novelty games were the first games I learned when hired. I took Craps class later that year then Roulette a year later. I started supervising some time in 2007. My most enjoyable part of the job is when you and the other dealers on the table all working together like a well oiled machine, the players are yelling and screaming having a blast, the bets are flying in as the dice are going out and as crazy and chaotic as the table seems you know you and your crew have everything under control. Hardest part of the job for me was standing at a dead table for hours on end. Dealing with shot takers and drunks can be unpleasant. I learned a great deal in the 7+ years I worked at Foxwoods and I worked with a lot of great people.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
long drive to work
Engineering Employee
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Led yard ConnecticutJuly 20, 2013
Any good reviews as you see are management probably a tribal member or told or recommended by a tribal member to make their review. DO NOT WORK AT FOXWOODS if you have to then go ahead but you will be screwed eventually.
Cons
tribal members will get your days off and promoted over you and you will do your job and theirs.
Great Benefits
Resort Sales/Promotions/Business Center Rep. (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, Ct.April 24, 2013
My typical day included promotions, events, seminars, conventions, interface with the public daily. Administrative assistant duties.

Management was good.

Co-workers were very diverse and entertaining.

Hardest part, leaving after 14 years.

Enjoyable part was all the perks: Benefits, B-day parties, Christmas parties and gifts, making friends and meeting new people from all over the world.
Loved my job as Purchasing Agent handling all Gaming and communication aspects
Purchasing Agent II (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTMarch 12, 2013
Loved my coworkers, after 15 years we were like family. The hardest part of the job was telling someone (anyone) something they did not want to hear, be it, product would be late, product was more expensive then they originally budgeted for, etc. Best part of my job was the negotiation that saved $$
Perfect place for medical benefits and steady income
Resort Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Resort Call CenterJanuary 23, 2013
i'm pleased with my work environment. my co-workers are mainly veterans of the company with lots of years under their belts and great advice to provide. i've learned to just remain focus on my tasks in hand. when you work in a small close knit environment, it's easy to get caught up in unproductive job etiquette so as long as you stick to your task, it makes your job much easier.
Pros
free lunch, dinner, etc, weekly pay schedule, good med/dental benefits
Cons
high layoff/turnover rate, no bonuses or pay increases