Foxwoods Resort Casino Employee Reviews

Under paid and over worked
15 years supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloorFebruary 23, 2017
This place is waiting for its death nail. Management is in place either because of seniority or they are tribal members. Regardless they have no clue and will not assist you no matter the staffing needs. If by some freak chance they offer to help they are useless because of their lack of experience. This is a great place to work if you do not want to be appreciated, want to be under paid and over worked. If this is your idea of a career, Good luck!

If for any reason a tribal member has a grievance with you, you will lose your job regardless of the facts!
Pros
Only have to work 8 hours including 1 hour lunch break
Cons
A new employee probably knows more then their director of 20 years
Usual day at work
Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  Foxwoods Resort & CasinoFebruary 2, 2017
While at work get all my stuff ready to begin working on breakfast party, after the party's I work on prep until its time do fire the lunch party's. When I work in the afternoon I check all the B.E.O. for the afternoon and make sure i have everything ready to go for the party's. The fire the party's and work on plate ups or buffet depending on the party. Making sure all the sauces and meals are up to standards and making sure i have any special meal accommodation ready for the party.
Stay way, far away
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RegulatoryJanuary 12, 2017
Don't offer any suggestions for improvement, management will see that as a challenge to their authority. Tribal members, not you will get the weekends off, preferred shifts, better pay all while having no experience. Run away fast. Morale is low, just like pay, appreciation, and most of the executive skills and understanding of operations
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tribal preference, promotion based on seniority not ability, most management lacks experience out side foxwoods
horrible unqualified bosses
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTJanuary 4, 2017
Hated this job driving around in circles all day, boring, unqualified boss you could never locate. I worked three days Mon Wed, Fri so I could never work another job, no full time work to be had no advancement, no benefits, job sucked the life out of me. I learned that driving a shuttle van sucked and I needed to re-think my priorities
Pros
tickets to shows
Cons
low rate of pay
Fun working environment.
Senior Income Audit Clerk/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CT 06338February 17, 2017
Fun working environment, excellent training. Some advancement opportunities, however due to being on Indian Reservation, job security was limited. Could be replaced by qualified tribal members at any time.

Hourly rate was not high, but employee benefits were great. Self Insured Medical with no premium for employee, Prescriptions bought on reservation were free w/out copay, off reservation $5 copay.
Employees fed on premises and allowed 1 hot meal per shift, however, free beverages, cookies, fruit, cereal, bread all day.

3 to 4 employee appreciation events.
Discounts on event tickets, and sometimes raffled tickets for free.
$500 spending card for premised retail locations and ability to pay back after holidays through payroll deduction.
Pros
Great working environment and benefits.
Cons
Low hourly wage, Long commute to employee parking lot
Money
Cage Cashier, Pit Clerk, and Check Banker (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTJanuary 5, 2017
I do not like Foxwoods. They do not have good management and departments suffer for it. The work is easy enough, and the pay is OK. It's a good job for someone who needs money and benefits immediately, but otherwise don't bother. You won't get anywhere working at Foxwoods, or Mohegan Sun.
Pros
Money.
Cons
Money.
Well put together good pay at Foxwoods.
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Ledyard, CTOctober 2, 2016
I been working with Foxwoods for about a year now, I have good experience with serving food, and customer service. I have good training on how to cook, prep, deal with customers in a proper understanding way. And what's acceptable and unacceptable working at Foxwoods. I was taught wether the customer is right or wrong the customer is always right.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Less days and hours
Love it
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 18, 2017
Hard working job tired you out quickly work on holidays and no family time very bad job career for a big family person. I learned about how the games are played and management is very bad they treat you bad , hardest thing is that you work long periods standing up and dealing with a lot of money
My opinion
Resort Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Ledyard, CTOctober 19, 2016
Foxwoods is an amazing place to work for. People are friendly and kind, My managers and supervisors were outstanding and always willing to help when needed. The hardest part of my job was leaving. Everything was amazing and I was treated with respect and kindness, I still maintain friendships with everyone.
Pros
Meeting new people
Detracting and Disturbing
Great Cedar Hotel Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTSeptember 12, 2016
This company does one thing the best....mismanagement!! They expect total sacrifice! Foxwoods plays with your life and lifestyle like you're a puppet! Insurance is one third of your paycheck! And forget about getting a raise any time soon!! My wages were $9.88 for three years! Instead you get a tribal member plop themselves into your department making $25 dollars an hour and does nothing but visit with family the whole shift!! Deplorable work practices!
Pros
You get to punch out and leave!
Cons
Punching in!!
good coworkers, not managed well
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTSeptember 9, 2016
The coworkers are great people but they've lost so many benefits over the years, and they have to deal with so much static from the department heads who are so out of touch with the lower workers, and they just don't care about us. We have so many responsibilities that the pay does not reflect. The co-workers at least are great to be with.
Pros
Free lunches, tips every two weeks
Cons
Bad bosses who don't listen, the usual customer service problems, understaffed
Fun job with a wonderful boss
Usher (Current Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTOctober 18, 2016
This was my first job and I loved working with the people so much that I haven't left it yet. Hours are flexible and my boss is wonderful, she likes to lead rather than dictate. This job taught me strong customer service skills and with their high standards I feel like I can use these skills in the future without worry.
Tribal scum
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ledyard Center, CTDecember 4, 2016
tribal in breads, don't waste your time. Place feeds off drama. Negativity, drama, hate encouraged. Overpaid under qualified management. Shimmy shwam tribal elders are your supervisors good luck with that. Brainless, most likely a recovering drug addict.
Cons
i would work there agian if i didnt get laid off, it was great working there when i did, free lunches
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTNovember 7, 2016
high volume environment, fast pace, a lot of employees never repeating the same task twice. only bad side I got laid off. it was a great environment working there
Pros
work seven hours get paid for eight
Not bad
Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 28, 2017
North America's largest casino. A beautiful property hidden in Ledyard, Connecticut. Most employees have been with the company since the beginning. Everyone seems to know each other. Moving up isn't easy from within. Great CEO & wonderful experience.
Pros
Free lunch
Horrible place for employment!!!
Rewards representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 20, 2016
This is NOT a career job. There is no room for growth within this place. Guest will curse you out, belittle and disrespect you. Management will NOT have your back and are VERY untrustworthy. This job is for someone who is retired and just looking for something to do or a young teenager. Don't waste your precious time being mentally abused. You are a target if you don't kiss a**.
Pros
Free lunch, OK benefits
Cons
Management is racist, and on drugs, no communication or leadership within the department
good place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Ledyard, CTJanuary 4, 2017
The only problem with this job is that there is no full time work, no benefits and no advancement. The management is ok. the rate of pay is low but the place is interesting and you can move around
Pros
interesting work environment
Cons
no benefits, no full time
Great and fun workplace. Certain jobs could have better structure but overall good.
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, CTOctober 25, 2016
Amazing workplace yet some areas could use better team work. See how all memebers vibe with one another. You learn a lot from working in the casino either way and I'm grateful for the experience that I've had.
Not bad if you get into the right job.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Depending on where you work its not too bad. Customers, especially when in food and beverage, can be nasty. Management in certain places are not as helpful as you'd like. The risks of layoffs was always a factor.
Fun place to work in the gaming industry
Slot Supervisor, Gaming Operations (Former Employee) –  Foxwoods Resort and Casino, CTAugust 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at FW Resort was dealing with different patrons on a daily basis. Everyone in the Slot Department worked as a team to ensure the highest level of customer service. Management offered great benefits to employees such as: Health Benefits, daily food allowance, etc.
Pros
Health benefits with free medication
Cons
Not opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foxwoods Resort Casino. Our community is ready to answer.