FPL Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great and professional workplace
Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2016
A regular day consists of talking to customer and answering all of their inquiries. The hardest part about this is when customers are upset at the company but take it out on you. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people.
Family oriented workers
Access (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 29, 2016
Everyone is friendly and has a positive attitude. Anyone that you ask for help is willing to teach you. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Everyone is really nice
Cons
Some days the hours are very long
Great Leadership
Consultant Group (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2015
Launch of frozen food and beverage new products into retail and foodservice channels. Global sourcing of ingredients and market intelligence to align market launch strategies.
Pros
Great leader
Cons
Too much fun
Excellent Company to work for.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2015
Great company to work for, leaders in the Florida Energy market, thousands of employees, multiple locations. Plenty room for growth consistently promotes career growth within, work life balance, wellness and employee engagement.
Pros
Employees come first.
Hard working environment.
Cook/Opener (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 28, 2015
Hard work and dedication. Much overtime was required on my behalf which meant that I be on time and prepared for work every day.
A Productive Fun But Hazardous Workplace
Helper Electrician (Former Employee) –  FLMay 20, 2015
* A typical day at would consist of lots measurements of all sorts of angles and positions.

* I learned how to bend conduit, use a pipe thredder, how to measure material that is longer than your measuring tape.

* I learn how to work smart and not hard by taking my time and not rushing which causes continuous mistakes .
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
not enough breaks
N/a
Meter Man B (Current Employee) –  Miami- Dade CountyJanuary 27, 2015
excellent company to work for, staff, co-works, and even the management are great. i would refer anyone whose seeking a better career to challenge themselves and start a new one, buy joining the best company in Florida to work for. Start today and join the team, see you soon
A challenging and stressful place to work
Operations Supervisor over Maintenance and Refuel (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, and Turkey Point Nuclear Power PlantsJanuary 21, 2015
The in ability of this Power Company to Keep its Key Maintenance Personnel ( inside bickering and Misuse of power ) has deteriorated the planning ability so badly the Company can not Properly develop a schedule that will allow the Maintenance Management Team to follow the Schedule Plan, and they ultimately fall back to a Stick and Ball form of schedule where Chaos runs rampant, then point fingers at everyone else involved to level a blame elsewhere.It turns out to be a very Stressful Venue.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when team gets to Close the Containment Access Door, when the Refuel is complete, and all tools are removed.
Pros
its an extremly challenging job
Cons
inadequate planning. constant personnel reduction
average
Generalist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 28, 2014
I usually worked typically shift 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday. I went in got on the phones and began to assist customers with billing concerns about their accounts. I liked my co-workers. We got along very well and we were always willing to help each other as needed. The hardest part of my job is not being able to say yes to the customer for certain request because it was only considered internal information. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer is satisfied and I was able to answer all of their questions.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
n/a
productive
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 3, 2014
processing of food products, not for weak stomach various different sections to work in
Call Center Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2014
I was working in a call center environment but my excellent customer service skills didn't transfer to strictly being on the phone. I greatly appreciated getting a chance to working in FPL call center environment.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/NAMS Technician (Former Employee) –  FLJune 6, 2014
There is growth and its like a family unit working there, very relaxed environment.
at one time they had a great union
senior radiation protection tech (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLJune 6, 2014
the company needs at better training program. the community college didn't have the facilities to train
Pros
the money
Cons
mosquitoes
productive and a fun and energetic workplace
mechanical and electrical assistant (Former Employee) –  homestead,FLMay 3, 2014
Worked as a mechanical and electrical assistant, worked in a nuclear reactor with hazardous conditions and etc• FBI/Fingerprints background check cleared
• Radiation worker qualified
• Asbestos awareness and handling qualified
• SCBA qualified
• Safety Harness qualified
• Fire Protection Qualified
• Confidential Information Clearance
• Foreign Material and Hazardous Material handling certified
• FPL Nuclear training complete and certified
all these quals for such an amazing job which provides a future for you and your family
very fun
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 4, 2014
was able to work on my own and complete my work without being micromanaged.. Felt good about myself doing my work individually.
Pros
working outside the office
Cons
animals
Excellent work environment, great coworkers and subs. Everyone is very professional.
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 11, 2014
A typical day of work would involve getting to the job site early and getting the game plan together for the days work. Making sure the subcontractors showed up on time, knew what and where they would be working that day, coordinating with facility managers about working in different sections of their buildings, and informing the project manager of the progress being made.
I learned better organizational and communication skills while working on their projects. And I learned a whole lot about energy conservation and the motion sensor lighting project.
The boss was very nice and the Project Manager that I worked under was one of the best persons I my ever meet. Everyone from the top down carried themselves in a professional manner and that even includes the subcontractors in which they hire.
The hardest part of the job was just trying to stay ahead of the work being done and documenting the locations of the thousands of sensors and switches that were installed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know all the facility managers personally and working with them to find out each buildings individual needs and making that happen.
Pros
4 day work week, front seat for rocket launches, occasional free lunches
Cons
not many if any, it was a very enjoyable job and position
prouductive
DRAFTER/DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Bch, FLJanuary 13, 2014
I work close with engineers to design and draft electrical underground and overhead using programs such as auto cad or design manger I also do GIS back round etc. I have now been in the engineering field for over 10 yrs.
Utilities
Sales (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 27, 2013
Great co-workers, still have many friendships with ex- colleagues. Good benefits and work-life flexibility. Was also able to have a variety of work experiences.
Pros
flexibility
different
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 30, 2013
Personally yours is a temporary employment agency so I would do be at different locations at times and being able to be at different locations was very interesting. I would meet new people and be in different types of enviroments
very productive
Leadman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 17, 2013
A typical day at work is very messy,nasty, and stink I have learned a great deal at FPL learned how to be a leader, and keep a cool head when the times get rough. Management is up to par there willing to teach and take you under there wing to show you everything possible to know about your job, co-workers where very respectful and willing to learn, the hardest part of my was trying to keep all those different personalities to stay on the same accord I got it done but it was a challenge, and the most enjoyable part of the job was just being part of it.