FPL Group Employee Reviews

Decent Entry level job
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 12, 2017
Good place to work. Small chances for advancement, good salary, good benefits and vacation. Some people can be hard to work with, but it can be a mostly independent work flow.
The worst company that i ever worked for . Hr blame employees for no reason,they own you no work balance they said something and they do something els
JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 29, 2017
Good pay or money but money is not everything they ponish you for no reason talking for experience i had to resigned bs of a company
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Company think that they're bigger than your family
Job Work Life Balance
IT Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJanuary 10, 2017
They encourage Life Balance but some manager do not respect this the policy.

They support the community and encourage volunteering for events.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not consistent in their telecommute privilage
Learn the real meaning of production
Beef Product Packer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
FPL taught me a lot about how the things that are consumed are prepared in a safe and USDA compliant manner. This was A GOOD company to work for. Not too many complaints
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work/ family time balance
Focus on keeping money flowing in to upper management
Regional Environmental/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
Nice people, but as they move thru upper management, there is a cultural shift to make themselves more important and securing more money.
Pros
Great learning ground
Cons
Watch your back as hard work all year can dissolve at bonus time
Great place to work very professional environment
Contract IT Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at FPL worked on a number of different projects working with LECs, field operations, network programmers and end users/customers. A great group of people.
Pros
Great exposure to systems ans products.
Cons
Contract position that is short term.
Very intellectually demading job. Loved every minute of it!
Wind Turbine Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wingate, TXOctober 5, 2016
My Site, and Regional, managers were tops. The kind of people you want to work for. The job requirements were demanding, but in a good way. Much to do, much to learn, and never a dull moment.
Pros
Management was the best!
Great and professional workplace
Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2016
A regular day consists of talking to customer and answering all of their inquiries. The hardest part about this is when customers are upset at the company but take it out on you. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people.
Fpl
ServiceNow Developer/Admin (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2016
Pros
Benefits and it's good to have in your resume. Relaxing environment besides Sales & Customer Service where you can get very busy.

Cons
Get promoted it's complicated. It's unfair and frequently you see not qualified people getting promoted, just because they know someone, not because their qualifications. Some people work there for 10/20 or more years and if you got in their grace, you may have a shot.

Advice to Management
Look careful for complaints. Have a career path program in place and keep the good employees, instead just abandon them until they go somewhere else.
Family oriented workers
Access (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJune 29, 2016
Everyone is friendly and has a positive attitude. Anyone that you ask for help is willing to teach you. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Everyone is really nice
Cons
Some days the hours are very long

Want to know more about FPL Group?

Ask a question
Great Leadership
Consultant Group (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2015
Launch of frozen food and beverage new products into retail and foodservice channels. Global sourcing of ingredients and market intelligence to align market launch strategies.
Pros
Great leader
Cons
Too much fun
Excellent Company to work for.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2015
Great company to work for, leaders in the Florida Energy market, thousands of employees, multiple locations. Plenty room for growth consistently promotes career growth within, work life balance, wellness and employee engagement.
Pros
Employees come first.
Hard working environment.
Cook/Opener (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 28, 2015
Hard work and dedication. Much overtime was required on my behalf which meant that I be on time and prepared for work every day.
A Productive Fun But Hazardous Workplace
Helper Electrician (Former Employee) –  FLMay 20, 2015
* A typical day at would consist of lots measurements of all sorts of angles and positions.

* I learned how to bend conduit, use a pipe thredder, how to measure material that is longer than your measuring tape.

* I learn how to work smart and not hard by taking my time and not rushing which causes continuous mistakes .
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
not enough breaks
N/a
Meter Man B (Current Employee) –  Miami- Dade CountyJanuary 27, 2015
excellent company to work for, staff, co-works, and even the management are great. i would refer anyone whose seeking a better career to challenge themselves and start a new one, buy joining the best company in Florida to work for. Start today and join the team, see you soon
A challenging and stressful place to work
Operations Supervisor over Maintenance and Refuel (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, and Turkey Point Nuclear Power PlantsJanuary 21, 2015
The in ability of this Power Company to Keep its Key Maintenance Personnel ( inside bickering and Misuse of power ) has deteriorated the planning ability so badly the Company can not Properly develop a schedule that will allow the Maintenance Management Team to follow the Schedule Plan, and they ultimately fall back to a Stick and Ball form of schedule where Chaos runs rampant, then point fingers at everyone else involved to level a blame elsewhere.It turns out to be a very Stressful Venue.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when team gets to Close the Containment Access Door, when the Refuel is complete, and all tools are removed.
Pros
Its an extremly challenging job
Cons
Inadequate Planning. Constant personnel reduction
average
Generalist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 28, 2014
I usually worked typically shift 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday. I went in got on the phones and began to assist customers with billing concerns about their accounts. I liked my co-workers. We got along very well and we were always willing to help each other as needed. The hardest part of my job is not being able to say yes to the customer for certain request because it was only considered internal information. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer is satisfied and I was able to answer all of their questions.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
n/a
productive
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 3, 2014
processing of food products, not for weak stomach various different sections to work in
Call Center Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2014
I was working in a call center environment but my excellent customer service skills didn't transfer to strictly being on the phone. I greatly appreciated getting a chance to working in FPL call center environment.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/NAMS Technician (Former Employee) –  FLJune 6, 2014
There is growth and its like a family unit working there, very relaxed environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FPL Group. Our community is ready to answer.