FPL Group

FPL Group Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/NAMS Technician (Former Employee), FLJune 6, 2014
There is growth and its like a family unit working there, very relaxed environment.
at one time they had a great union
senior radiation protection tech (Former Employee), Florida City, FLJune 6, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: mosquitoes
the company needs at better training program. the community college didn't have the facilities to train
productive and a fun and energetic workplace
mechanical and electrical assistant (Former Employee), homestead,FLMay 3, 2014
Worked as a mechanical and electrical assistant, worked in a nuclear reactor with hazardous conditions and etc• FBI/Fingerprints background check cleared
• Radiation worker qualified
• Asbestos awareness and handling qualified
• SCBA qualified
• Safety Harness qualified
• Fire Protection Qualified
• Confidential Information Clearance
• Foreign Material – more... and Hazardous Material handling certified
• FPL Nuclear training complete and certified
all these quals for such an amazing job which provides a future for you and your family – less
very fun
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 4, 2014
Pros: working outside the office
Cons: animals
was able to work on my own and complete my work without being micromanaged.. Felt good about myself doing my work individually.
Excellent work environment, great coworkers and subs. Everyone is very professional.
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee), FLMarch 11, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week, front seat for rocket launches, occasional free lunches
Cons: not many if any, it was a very enjoyable job and position
A typical day of work would involve getting to the job site early and getting the game plan together for the days work. Making sure the subcontractors showed up on time, knew what and where they would be working that day, coordinating with facility managers about working in different sections of their buildings, and informing the project manager of – more... the progress being made.
I learned better organizational and communication skills while working on their projects. And I learned a whole lot about energy conservation and the motion sensor lighting project.
The boss was very nice and the Project Manager that I worked under was one of the best persons I my ever meet. Everyone from the top down carried themselves in a professional manner and that even includes the subcontractors in which they hire.
The hardest part of the job was just trying to stay ahead of the work being done and documenting the locations of the thousands of sensors and switches that were installed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know all the facility managers personally and working with them to find out each buildings individual needs and making that happen. – less
prouductive
DRAFTER/DESIGNER (Current Employee), West Palm Bch, FLJanuary 13, 2014
I work close with engineers to design and draft electrical underground and overhead using programs such as auto cad or design manger I also do GIS back round etc. I have now been in the engineering field for over 10 yrs.
Utilities
Sales (Former Employee), Plantation, FLNovember 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours
Great co-workers, still have many friendships with ex- colleagues. Good benefits and work-life flexibility. Was also able to have a variety of work experiences.
different
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLOctober 30, 2013
Personally yours is a temporary employment agency so I would do be at different locations at times and being able to be at different locations was very interesting. I would meet new people and be in different types of enviroments
very productive
Leadman/Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 17, 2013
A typical day at work is very messy,nasty, and stink I have learned a great deal at FPL learned how to be a leader, and keep a cool head when the times get rough. Management is up to par there willing to teach and take you under there wing to show you everything possible to know about your job, co-workers where very respectful and willing to learn, – more... the hardest part of my was trying to keep all those different personalities to stay on the same accord I got it done but it was a challenge, and the most enjoyable part of the job was just being part of it. – less
Workplace was fast pace
Dispatcher/Tech (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 23, 2013
Pros: the building had a cafeteria
I started the day by reviewing calls that had come in the previous night, and going over the most urgent of calls. I would start getting incoming calls from field personal ready to start work.
Maintenance Supply Supervisor/Purchasing
Maintenance Supply Supervisor/Purchasing (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 25, 2013
Inventory and Creating and maintain filling systems. Executed daily operations of maintenance supply. Prepared reports. Communications using DataStream, MP2, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Word. I enjoy this job.
You can cut the tension with a knife
Controls Resource (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MEJune 6, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: they spend more time talking about work than doing it
I have nothing more to say. They are a horrible company to work for, that's why I jumped ship
i loved working with this company
Collector (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 9, 2013
Pros: they give u 30 min break for lunch
i loved working with this company its fun and your co-workers are very great to work with i really liked this job
Operations
Operations (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: having a job until i found a better one.
Cons: see review
This is not a good company to work for if you are interested in advancement. FPL is a company to work for when you are in between a job. The pay is low, benefits are terrible from insurance being high and not worth it to the 401K being almost worthless.
There are a few good manager there but the core of the managment team are useless.
Do not work there!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: too many to add.......
High turnover rate because of the low pay and hard work, management treats production employees bad.
FUN
Packaging (Current Employee), west columbiaJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: give us some gifts on holidays
Cons: healthcare
Just a job,people curse alot..management do not evaluate the worker
Productive and supportive work environment.
Administrative Assistant and Search Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2013
The staff working at this establishment continued to go out of their way to provide exceptional services to their clientele. Perfection was possible working with this team.
Using my hands
Hydraulic Mechanic (Former Employee), Riviera Beach, FlOctober 28, 2012
Pros: mechanical work
Cons: company reorganization
Working with my hands and my knowledge is a steady pace work environment
productive and fun
Scanner/Formulater (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCOctober 28, 2012
Pros: advancement available
Cons: speak when spoken to
I worked here 3 months before i was promoted, it took a couple of months to learn the new position but when i did i gave it my all. When i tried to stand on my owb i was quickly reminded of ny real pisition here and that was behind the men or supervisors on second shift. Lesson learned
Good benifits
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good benifits
Cons: i was working a two man line by myself
We was limited to produce 500 cow's aday with two break.My co-workers was ever helpful,Down to earth type people.On the floor I was a single person doing a two man job.I enjoyed the checks,benifites,and my co-workers.

About FPL Group

For a Florida company without any oranges, NextEra Energy produces a lot of juice. Its operations across the US and Canada include – Read more

FPL Group Photos