Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy

Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
This was a large firm that felt like a team. Everyone is committed to ensuring the job gets done and the people were friendly. The time I spent there was valuable and an amazing experience.
Pros
Great people to grow with
Cons
Work life balance
Lots of room for improvement
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2017
Great co-workers; friendly, helpful. Unfortunately, micromanagement stifles any initiative and inflated ego of upper management detrimental to company goals and morale.
Fun and Engaging work environment
Paralegal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2017
Part of a large team at the firm in charge of filing immigration forms for a large over seas consulting firm to bring foreign nationals over to work with various U.S. companies. Large workload taught me how to be efficient and prioritize work on their expiration's and various deadlines through the use of various excel spreadsheets created to keep everything organized and the use of databases in lotus notes to keep foreign nationals files, documents, and emails in a readily accessible space.
No Balance
Assistant Paralegal (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2016
No work life balance at all. Attorneys hold no responsibility and the turnover is incredibly high. They use recent college grads and rotate the staff every year or two
Great
Assistant Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time at FDBL. I gained new friendships, as well as new knowledge about a field that I didn't know too much about prior to working here. I never envisioned myself working at a law firm, but I am very grateful for the experience.
Proffesional
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Great core values, EASY GOING FIRM
one of the best work enviroments I worked in.
Excellent co- workers and very helpful staff.
Team work is defined in this company
Pros
FREE FRUIT
Cons
BUSY SEASONAL
High Urgency low notice
Data Analysis and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 16, 2016
Job requires a high level of urgency with the ability to perform tasks with very minimal time. Workload is unpredictable due to the high mass of request from clients to turn projects around within a very short time frame.
Fast pace work environment with opportunity for growth but little recognition for dedicated employees
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2016
Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy has a fast pace work life. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ever changing projects, new information and ability for growth. The hardest portion is the life to work balance, the overall idea of the work place is full speed ahead until eventual burn out. After burn out there is little support and more push for you to continue raising the bar regardless of staff available.
Pros
peer tutoring and information to be learned
Cons
workload and hours demanded
Truly Enjoyable
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 15, 2016
Great company to work for. I worked with a great team. There isn't much more to say. Unfortunately it was just a 3 month contract.
Good pay, stressful workplace
Assistant Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2016
High case loads mean stressful days as a paralegal, with little guidance from attorneys. Overall a good experience, but little room for advancement.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
micromanagement
Look elsewhere!!!
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 18, 2016
If you would like to work at a factory then you should apply here. Hundreds of cases all like an assembly line. You do the same thing every day, every hour, during your entire career there. Yes you get great benefits but the salary isn't very good. If you do negotiate a good salary for yourself then you can say that you will have a good salary and good benefits but a horrible working environment. The management is terrible, the environment is terrible. I am not saying there aren't any good days but overall this place will suck the life out of you and will make you miserable. There are people who have been working here for many years and have stayed because of salary and because of fear of change but they are all extremely unhappy working there.

Everyone has different experience but I know this is the overall consensus!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else.. Low salary, factory work, poor management, etc.
Great opportunity to learn.
Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
There is a great opportunity to learn at Fragomen, and to grow yourself professionally. The Atlanta office is somewhat laidback; however, the company does not seek to have long term employees. They only look to keep employees for about two years; therefore, there is a high turnaround. I am a highly respected contributor so I have been part of the firm for longer, but this is unusual.
Fun workplance, lovely employees
Assistant Paralegal I (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
I enjoyed temping here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I also liked learning more about immigration and how to process and file the forms.
Very professional environment
Legal Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJSeptember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed learning new billing practices while working at Fragomen. It was interesting to be able to assist other departments and learn from them as well.
Assistant Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2015
The law firm as a whole operates under a hierarchical system. As a paralegal, you must do all the paper work and filing that no one else wants to do. The work space is comfortable but management does not have an open-ended communication system. They don't care about you unless you inconvenience them.
Pros
Monday Fruit & Snacks/ Friday Bagel breakfast
Nice law firm
Senior Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
Productive and fun workplace with benefits. Huge amount of red tape and politics, which is normal and expected in the corporate world. Overall, I was happy while working there.
Pros
Good salary, close to my home
Cons
Stressful
Good work environment and great coworkers
Assistant Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 16, 2015
As an Assistant Paralegal, I handle a caseload of NIV, PERM and AOS related cases on a daily basis. My manager and co-workers are supportive and the work environment is generally really congenial. The hardest part of the job is the heavy caseload during the H-1B CAP season. I generally enjoy my job.
Duties
Administrative Assistant/Internship (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
• Create letters of invitations for business work visas
• Create customer support letters for business work visas
• Update spread sheets with client information
• Data entry
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Compensation is low
Very client-oriented practice
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2015
Fragomen is recognized as the world's leading immigration law firm. They provide comprehensive immigration services, permanent transfers and the local hire of foreign workers. In general, the firm is productive and very client-oriented.
High expectations
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2015
This firm is the definition of work hard; play hard. While training can leave a little to be desired in terms of guidance, senior paralegals are often not given the tools on how to manage coworkers if it is their first management position. Attorney expectations for perfection is constant.
Pros
Cons
Perfection required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9