Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy

Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy Employee Reviews

Good learning experience, but leave once you've learned what you needed
Assistant Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Fragomen is a hot mess that is constantly plugging people in and out because of their high turn over rates. Management is dependent on which teams you are assigned to. My personal working experience was very challenging and patronizing.

Fast paced, sink or swim environment. You learn a lot about Immigration Law as you wind up working on multiple petitions and random projects. There isn't too much that is rewarding about this job with the exception of the PTO and learning about business immigration.
Productive and fun work place
APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Day starts by working on my tickets from my previous days work that need follow up, next I would start working on anything new and help any co workers with anything they have that I can help with. Go to lunch with my co workers then come back and work on writing some lotus script for updating records.
Pros
Being able to joke with co workers
Cons
HealthCare, and a great manager
High volume work with decent compensation
Senior Business Immigration Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Fast paced work environment, mandatory overtime and weekends. Poor managerial structure. Lack of support and communication with manager. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Paid OT, holidays off
Cons
Poor management structure, lack of communication
Fantastic!
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Absolutely fantastic company. It was a wonderful opportunity working there. The workload is heavy, but manageable. You will learn a lot while working here.
Stressful and no career advancement
Assistant Paralegal I (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2018
You are just a cog in the machine. There was little to no career advancement opportunities and in the amount of time I was there I was not given enough variation in case types to be able to successfully transition to most other immigration law firms for the rate of pay I was receiving.
High volume and satisfying
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 5, 2018
It's fast paced, lots of work. If you like to be busy this is the place for you. I've learned so much from my years here. The managers are pretty good but you need to be able to think and learn on your feet.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
More pay would be great
Professional enviorment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2018
At Fragomen I feel in a very professional environment. Each of my co worker help me improve my knowledge by giving me the tools to growth inside the company. I'm glad that I work here.
Pros
free lunches, coffee, etc.
Stressful Environment with no Work Life Balance
Assistant Paralegal Temp (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2017
Very long days, poor training, cut throat clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free food, coffee, and modern workspace. There was a lack of community and lawyers expect you to be perfect and know everything even if you are new.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No time for lunch, long hours
Awful.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Matawan Point, NJNovember 10, 2017
Horrible place. Cut throat--worked with 'mean girls'... they worked hard--but thought they were the end all of any organization. that is their first mistake.
Pros
popcorn
Cons
mean girls
Great first work experience
Assistant Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
I've learned a lot about working in an office setting and working with a team. If I could change anything, I would like it if I had more work that I could do individually.
Previously stated.
Assistant Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
I answered this question in the previous page about Fragomen. However, to quickly summarize my previous message, I believe working at Fragomen was a great learning experience.
very professional and focused work load
Immigration Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
It was a very concentrated and focused work specific job. It entirely focused on employment visas only. No interaction with clients just handling files.
Not a bad place to work but poorly managed
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02110October 10, 2017
Working at Fragomen is occasionally rewarding, however due to poor management and understaffing, the work environment can be quite stressful. The benefits offered at pretty great though compared with other firms in the area.
Positive Experience
Assistant Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJSeptember 25, 2017
I started at Fragomen right out of school. It has a very young culture and fantastic leadership. The open door policy makes you feel comfortable and like you can ask any question and express your opinions. The company really cares about its employees and listens to what we want and need. I would definitely recommend working here.
Beware of current upper management
Former Assistant Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 19, 2017
If you can take a manager that CANNOT separate personal and professional then this IS the place for you. Current partner is selfish and self centered and lacks respect for her colleagues. Office has lost a lot of great employees. If they get rid of the current partner and train the current manager to be more relatable with the staff, this office will be great again.
Pros
Staff, pay, benefits
Cons
Upper management
Poor Management and Lack of Willingness to Change
Assistant Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2017
The management is terrible. Managers and supervisors are not willing to take accountability when mistakes happen. They tend to blame it on the assistant paralegals even though the training is abysmal. They will over-work their assistant paralegal because this is the expectation. You either work overtime or get fired. You constantly work overtime when there are hard deadlines to meet you.Even though you have accomplished your tasks or filed your cases, managers will not acknowledge your hard work or your personal sacrifices to get work done. I will not recommend this job to anyone. Just remember, your first job should not force you to think that working overtime is normal and that toxic work environment is fine. Management will never change because it is too blindsided with its greed for profit.
Cons
Overtime, favoritism, biases, lack of awareness, heavy workload
Corporate Immigration Firm
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2017
A great law firm with a great team work atmosphere. All the attorneys are very friendly and willing to answer any questions. The paralegals are also willing to lend out a helping hand and assist you whenever you need help. This firm truly lives up to the definition of working as a team.
good work environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 23, 2017
Working at Fragomen was a good work experience. I was able to connect with people a variety of background and expertise as well as acquire skills that are applicable in other work places
Pros
good work enviromment
Cons
rigid work hours
horrible place to work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 26, 2017
It depends on the team you work for, but most of the people there hate their job. A low priority is placed on honesty or integrity or knowledge of immigration law. The firm seems to reward mediocracy.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
horrible people to work for, dishonest, terrible managers, poor lawyers.
Wonderful people who are passionate about immigration law.
Assistant Paralegal I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2017
I typically begin my day checking my email and responding to all inquiring clients and providing them with status updates for their cases. I then proceed to approve questionnaires to draft cases for the attorney's to review. After applications undergo review I send them out for signature and on upon receipt prepare these applications for a final review prior to filing. While I love my coworkers, I do not like the work environment. Everyone is overworked and under appreciated. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance and prioritize what must absolutely get done that day.
Pros
Overtime, Flexible Hours
Cons
Demanding Workload, Inexperienced Leadership, Poor Work/Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy. Our community is ready to answer.