JOB SUMMARY Sell merchandise to patrons of the retail store.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, not inclusive of all job duties and responsibilities:
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Assist customers in the custom matting and/or framing of various varieties of artwork. This process includes giving professional advice and recommendations, as necessary.
- Assisting in the store inventory process. Completing weekly store orders of ready-made frames and replenishing of stock.
- Custom Frame. When not with customers you will be an integral part of the custom framing team. If not experienced we will train you.
- Open and close registers. Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment; enter work orders, research customer purchase history, etc.
- Balance cash drawers and bag monies and place them in the company safe daily.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation rules/regulations. Keep work areas clean at all times.
- Assure mats and frames are put away after each customer consultation is completed, continuously check isles to make sure frames are in proper bins and that isles are clean and free of debris.
- Change the marquee sign as instructed by Retail Store Manager. Assist in dry-mounting and hanging of in-store promotional signage, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned, to include creating “Raving Fans”.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services; this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Must have the ability to read, interpret information contained on instructional documents. Must possess exceptional listening and communication skills. Must have the ability to use computerized cash register. Must be able to work overtime and/or flexible work hours, as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires extended periods of bending, lifting (minimum 20 lbs.), walking, sitting, turning, repetitive motion, and environmental conditions are temperature controlled. Workplace environment will be hot and cold at times. The physical demands and work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.