Framingham State University Employee Reviews in United States

Fantastic Experience
Intern/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 20, 2016
Through all of the positions I held at Framingham State I learned how to manage multiple tasks and to be productive with my time. All of my supervisors where great and very understanding of the unique student worker situation I was in. The school taught me many skills I can and will use in the future.
FSU Provides Excellent Supplemental Instruction
Lab Technician Freshman Chemistry Labs (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Supplemental instructors at FSU are extremely well supported by the faculty. The program for the student is excellent and the administrators continually work to improve the program and raise the standards for the instructors and final product provided to the student.
Managed Student Accounts
Assistant to the President of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 24, 2015
A typical day involved regular office related activites. When mailing and filing had to go out I would be involved. Or i would be working on managing private information on student data bases. I learned a lot about how these systems work. My co workers were very friendly and kind, also much older than me. I really enjoyed working with them and they helped make the day great. Hardest part was learning the data base system, once I had some time to practice it was no problem. The most enjoyable part was that I was able to get the internship/job that was located on my campus as it was a very sought after position. I also enjoyed helping fellow students with their accounts.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Helped people, learned a lot
Cons
Much older co workers that were hard to relate with, but they were very friendly/kind/understanding
Friendly work environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 10, 2015
At Framingham State University, you will work with highly intelligent individuals who all look to better themselves academically while simultaneously adopting steady and demanding work habits. the individuals here are fun and outgoing and each an every personality shines though bring a varying aspect to the workplace.
Pros
co-workers, fun workplace
Cons
limited job availability
Exciting work place
Shuttle Management and Operator (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 22, 2015
While working at Framingham state university, you are surrounded predominantly by a large student body. This friendly, dynamic campus is on the smaller side but has a great deal of character and diversity. Highly recommended work place for those looking for a secure job and an enlightening work enviornment.
Worked at Library, Front Desk, and Admissions Office
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham MAAugust 3, 2015
I greeted students as they entered the library or dormitories. Made phone calls to prospective students while working in the admissions office. I also returned phone calls and answered questions prospective students and families had. I am very social and good talking on the phone and greeting customers.
Great School Job
Student Supervisor of Phonathon (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 14, 2015
great job for students that need money during the semester, easy hours, easy job however you only work a max of 12 hours a week which is a good or bad thing depending on money situation or ones own motivation
Sda
Security Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 18, 2015
The job at Framingham State University known as Security Desk Attendant is very demanding at times and certain buildings. Other times, the job is laid back and calm.
Pros
quiet hours, up to 7 hours at a time/8 a day
Cons
short breaks, busy thursdays and saturdays, minimal coverage at busy times
A decent place
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 5, 2012
A decent workplace with good culture. Good management. Reasonable pay.
Great Internship
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 14, 2012
Working as a gallery assistant at the Mazmanian Gallery was one of the best experiences of my life. I learned how to work with other artists as well as independently to install a gallery show. I loved maintaing the look of the gallery even when there was no show up. Management was fantastic, and it was an amazing work environment.
Pros
flexible hours, excellent management, great working environment, fun job
Cons
not paid
Fun and Challenging place to work
Security Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 24, 2015
Great place to work and interact with children. Relaxed work environment. Many friendly employees. Not much enforcement on rules for club members.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 7, 2012
Resident Assistant for 40-50 residents in a residence hall at FSU. Assist in daily life situations, keep in constant contact with them to see how they are doing and ow classes are going. Work a 12 hour night shift about once a week to ensure building safety and be on call for anything that may happen. I have a resident director and nine other RA's on staff with me and together we work to keep everyone safe, feel welcome into the FSU community, and be there for all residents.
educational environment with knowledge-pursuing students.
Chinese Tutor (Former Employee) –  Framingham State University CASAMarch 9, 2014
A few hours per week spent with many student is a so pleasant time. Tutoring test my communication with different students and the observation of how students respond to my teaching. Many subjects are held at the same time during a day and I can also learn from other tutors by talking to them.
Very productive and engaging environment
Independant Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 30, 2014
A lot of the research was independent, learning to trouble shoot errors during an experiment was the best part of the job.
Pros
very supportive staff
Cons
alot of dedication to detail, time, and research outside of work hours
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 15, 2014
This was also a great experience. I taught at FSU for two semesters. I completely overhauled the syllabus to provide a solid foundation in typography, history of design and graphic design.
Good student job
Residence Life Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 9, 2013
Working in the Office of Res. Life was a great college experience for me. Typical day included answering phones, sorting mail and other clerical duties. The head of Residence Life and his support staff are great and easy to get along with.
Framingham State SDA
Security Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 11, 2013
Very easy job. We have the ability to be around peers and do our homework while also working.
Pros
access to do hmwrk
Cons
pay rate
A good but sometimes frustrating place to work
Administrative Residence assistance. (Former Employee) –  Framingham MANovember 16, 2011
I enjoyed my time working for Residence Life but there was an inequality in the quality of supervision
Pros
well paid, not to stressful
Cons
bad supervision
Great part time job
Member of NCAA Division III Football Team (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 2, 2013
Great place to work while in school
Typical day started around 2-PM and ended at 10-PM
Helped customers and managed transactions
Warm and inviting community
Administrative Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 24, 2014
Love Framingham State University
many diverse areas of work, the people are warm and friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Framingham State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2