Framingham State University Employee Reviews

Education Supported Position
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 22, 2017
This job was extremely helpful and convenient for me to pursue while living at school. It provided extremely flexible hours and allowed be to put my schoolwork first.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Short Shifts, Able to do homework during
Cons
Difficulty finding coverage, unnecessary rules
Decent work
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 5, 2017
This job was a typical, on campus college job. I worked basketball games but the faculty was very pleasant and fun to work with. It fit in with my schedule very well at school and was very accommodating.
A great community formed at Framingham State
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 12, 2017
Framingham State University prides itself on making wonderful connections amongst the workplace. They are focused on teamwork and collaboration.Great!
Excellent demeanor and work environment
Undergraduate Admissions Intern (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 20, 2017
Each and every staff member is dedicated and passionate about creating the absolute best experience for every prospective student that visits their beautiful campus.
A great involvement opportunity for campus residents
Student Transportation Center Driver (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 27, 2016
As a driver and desk attendant for the Student Transportation Center, you will have the opportunity to be actively engaged in the FSU community. Your daily interactions with students as a go-to provider of service and route information places you at a prime leadership position.
Language Department Intern
Translation Intern and Language Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 12, 2016
I was an intern for the World Languages Department. I was able to work from the office or home, whatever was convenient as long as I completed the 10 hours of work a week. The flexibility of the schedule was great since I was also a full time student and was working another job. I learned a lot working on translating the different documents and from working along side the professors who worked in the department as well as other departments at the university.
Very supportive place with colleagues and administration
Full time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 5, 2016
Faculty are allowed to use textbooks of choice, design and implement curriculum, propose new courses and conduct independent studies with individual students.
Pros
Newer facility, good computer services, document cameras, work stations plentiful
Cons
2 day a week classes are at odd times
No room for a learning curve
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 5, 2016
The environment was unexpectedly cold and gossipy. Was not given proper, clear instruction and was not granted a learning curve upon entering the job.
Pros
Cons
Unpleasant environment
Fun and fast paced work environment
Laboratory preparations assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 29, 2016
On a typical day I clean and put away glass ware, I put away and set up lab stations for students by putting things back where they belong, and by placing materials needed out at the lab stations and preparing solutions used in the laboratory experiments. I learned how to advance my organizational skills and collaborate effectively with a partner. Management was very laid back, we were able to work hours that were convenient for our weekly schedule, very flexible. I had one co-worker whom helped me set up, we worked very well together and communicated successfully to get the job done on time. The Job was not particularly difficult, however finishing setting up before the lab needed to be executed by the students was sometimes difficult because of missing materials that we would have to scramble to find at the last second, but we always hit our deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything, I love the lab setting and would definitely want to do this again.
Fantastic Experience
Intern/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 20, 2016
Through all of the positions I held at Framingham State I learned how to manage multiple tasks and to be productive with my time. All of my supervisors where great and very understanding of the unique student worker situation I was in. The school taught me many skills I can and will use in the future.
Friendly work environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 10, 2015
At Framingham State University, you will work with highly intelligent individuals who all look to better themselves academically while simultaneously adopting steady and demanding work habits. the individuals here are fun and outgoing and each an every personality shines though bring a varying aspect to the workplace.
Pros
co-workers, fun workplace
Cons
limited job availability
Exciting work place
Shuttle Management and Operator (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 22, 2015
While working at Framingham state university, you are surrounded predominantly by a large student body. This friendly, dynamic campus is on the smaller side but has a great deal of character and diversity. Highly recommended work place for those looking for a secure job and an enlightening work enviornment.
Managed Student Accounts
Assistant to the President of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 24, 2015
A typical day involved regular office related activites. When mailing and filing had to go out I would be involved. Or i would be working on managing private information on student data bases. I learned a lot about how these systems work. My co workers were very friendly and kind, also much older than me. I really enjoyed working with them and they helped make the day great. Hardest part was learning the data base system, once I had some time to practice it was no problem. The most enjoyable part was that I was able to get the internship/job that was located on my campus as it was a very sought after position. I also enjoyed helping fellow students with their accounts.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Helped people, learned a lot
Cons
Much older co workers that were hard to relate with, but they were very friendly/kind/understanding
Worked at Library, Front Desk, and Admissions Office
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham MAAugust 3, 2015
I greeted students as they entered the library or dormitories. Made phone calls to prospective students while working in the admissions office. I also returned phone calls and answered questions prospective students and families had. I am very social and good talking on the phone and greeting customers.
Great School Job
Student Supervisor of Phonathon (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 14, 2015
great job for students that need money during the semester, easy hours, easy job however you only work a max of 12 hours a week which is a good or bad thing depending on money situation or ones own motivation
Sda
Security Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 18, 2015
The job at Framingham State University known as Security Desk Attendant is very demanding at times and certain buildings. Other times, the job is laid back and calm.
Pros
quiet hours, up to 7 hours at a time/8 a day
Cons
short breaks, busy thursdays and saturdays, minimal coverage at busy times
Fun and Challenging place to work
Security Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 24, 2015
Great place to work and interact with children. Relaxed work environment. Many friendly employees. Not much enforcement on rules for club members.
FSU Provides Excellent Supplemental Instruction
Lab Technician Freshman Chemistry Labs (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Supplemental instructors at FSU are extremely well supported by the faculty. The program for the student is excellent and the administrators continually work to improve the program and raise the standards for the instructors and final product provided to the student.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 15, 2014
This was also a great experience. I taught at FSU for two semesters. I completely overhauled the syllabus to provide a solid foundation in typography, history of design and graphic design.
Amazing position
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 15, 2014
Framingham State University is not only a great school, but also a great employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Framingham State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3