Francesca's Employee Reviews

Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 16, 2017
I love working for Francescas. Their vision of how to provide excellent guest experience for everyone who walks through the door is different from everyone else. It's also a lot easier to be a manager than many other places that I worked for because you are doing a lot of the same tasks but on a smaller scale.
Assistant Team Leader
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2017
Great company to work for! I would highly recommend working here if you are starting out in the retail field. As a manager you will work about 8 hours a day and salary depends on location you work at. Higher volume stores will have a higher salary cap per employee.
Great retail experience
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 13, 2017
I first started off as a sales associate. My manager saw my potential and offered me a management position. She helped train me into becoming the best manager I could be because she saw my drive and passion.
The job itself gives you many opportunities to see what you are passionate about. I really liked displays and my manager saw that creative side so she gave me the position to design my own displays.
The hours are very flexible, and management is willing to work with you on your hours.
The company gives you the opportunity to grow, and make your way to the top as a Boutique manager if you have to desire to do so.
Nothing bad to say about the company.
Dead End Job
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 12, 2017
Poorly managed company with little advancement opportunities. Key holders typically get under 25 hours a week with non competitive pay. Position is over worked and under paid with little to no direction from district and store managers. Company expects you to deliver the "Francesca's promise" but do not offer commission. If the company choose to focus less on their "promise" and more on their employees they would see less employee walk outs. I would not recommend anyone with a background in retail to work for this company.
overall good workplace that lacks in leadership personnel.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 8, 2017
Great overall workplace and environment. A great starting point for a first-time job seeker who is looking for a great Customer Service experience. Great for job seekers who are looking for flexible schedules. The company does a terrible job of hiring and maintaining Store Managers. The company does a terrible job of maintaining a consistent store to store approach and training; constant changes occur every 3 months making it difficult to keep up with the frequent changes in policy and procedure. If you're looking for a good start in retail I would suggest this company, great stepping stone.
Overall, one of the better retail companies to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 8, 2017
Love the values in which the company stands for. Incorporate a good work-life balance, and nice discount to help stay fashionable. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No health insurance, average retail hours.
Decent Pay, High Turn Over
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
The work life balance is not realistic and the management could use training(don't make someone a Sr position just because you like them). There is a lot of favoritism and nothing changes even when you voice your concerns. They expect you to stay late and work outside of work to keep afloat. My job description should've changed from how much extra work I took on. Don't want to invest in the team they already have, they'd rather let good people go and hire people who don't want to work. You're then expected to do the work of those people because they don't like to actually resolve issues.
They should give part timers the same benefits as full times as they work just as hard and most of the time work just under 40 hours so they basically are full time.
Stop being so obvious about who you favor and make everyone feel important. The corporate office is staffed with mainly women and it still feels as if though you are in high school from how cliquey they get.
Bonuses and pay raises could be possible if teams didn't travel so much and stay at over priced hotels and were more efficient with traveling plans.
Pros
Free Lunch, Paid Holidays, Half Day Fridays
micro managed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 6, 2017
Completely micromanaged. i was the assistant manager but i was not allowed to do anything. the manager did everything her way and we were not allowed to change it.
Pros
discount
Cons
managment, district management
re: Part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYNovember 6, 2017
I worked the cashier, interacted with customers to sell them clothing and accessories. I maintained the stores' products. I was one of the best salespeople. I felt overworked and underpaid for what I accomplished.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay, standing on feet for entire shift, 10 minute breaks
Learned something new everyday
Assist store management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2017
The staff at this particular location were good to work with. Things became very competitive because at this location there were all females. Nothing to really balance out all the estrogen. i enjoyed my role as keyholder and learning its role as managerial staff.
Pros
Small boutique, nice, diverse crowd
Cons
All female staff: became too competitive in the wrong ways.

Want to know more about Francesca's?

Ask a question
most days slow but overall fun job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 2, 2017
A typical day at Francesscas consist of organizing clothes and helping customers look for an outfit for whatever event. Management could of been better , there was three diffrent managers and they never could agree on the same rules.
Fun place to work, poor management at my location
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2017
Francesca's is a great job with a lot of opportunities for advancement in the company. They will try to promote from within before hiring out for management positions most of the time.

At my location, management was very poor. However I have worked at multiple locations both permanently and temporarily and not all of them are like this, so it varies from store to store. They start their associates out at a nice hourly wage, but their management should be paid more for the work that they do.

Overall, this job teaches you great things about retail and leadership. There are plenty of opportunities to grow yourself and to constantly learn and I would recommend this as a great first job, a great introduction to management job, and a great job to advance in a retail management career.
Fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 1, 2017
All the girls I have worked with at Francesca's have been wonderful coworkers. You receive good discounts and it is always a changing environment which is great.
fun to work with customers
Key-Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 31, 2017
Customer service, helping customers pick outfits for occasions, worked the register, I have learned how to mange a team of six employers. The atmosphere was very uplifting. There really was no hard part to this job.

I learned how to help people feel good about themselves with my honest advices on clothing to fit their needs and in the end they are very appreciative.
Pros
worked at the mall
Cons
short breaks
Fun, fashion
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 30, 2017
Being a manager at Francescas was an amazing opportunity.! I was able to take a store into a million dollar store! I helped many guests find their perfect outfits.!
Pros
Discounts for mangers, great benefits
Cons
Holiday hours
Great Place to work
Manager and Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 30, 2017
Loved working here. My background check did take forever but I did like working here. The employees were all relaxed and responsible. I didnt like the short breaks but its not extremely fast paced so you dont get exhausted
Pros
relaxing
Cons
short breaks, slow paced
Productive and creative
Sales Associate/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 26, 2017
Dressing up and Dressing the costumers . We also dressed the mannequin . I enjoyed walking around organizing the store and bumping into costumers as I went around
Pros
good breaks
Cons
long shifts
Do not recommend
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Mid WestOctober 23, 2017
Lack of Trust in leadership.
Very political environment, that is not based on work ethic or character. 0 support from Regional Manager. Turn over at store manager level, assistant manager level, and associate level is higher than national average.
Store Managers are very passionate about the Brand.
It's a positive retail environment
Interim Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 19, 2017
If you want to stand around on your phone and not truly interact with guests then this is not the job for you. Fran employees truly care to connect with guests to help them find the perfect thing for their special occasion. The company holds each employee to high expectations and some people love it or hate it. If you like meeting new people, cute clothes & gifts, a team of young hearted and positive people then you should apply.
Pros
30 % off discount, flexible hours, a unique retail experience because its more personal with guests
Cons
High turn over rate, irregular hours
Workplace culture
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  GAOctober 17, 2017
It can be fun depending on your team and location. You get to meet great guests and build relationships. The work load isn't bad. It's very easy to master. The pay isn't competitive compared to other retailers which results in high turn over. The buyers do great but sometimes overwhelm us with the trend when guests may have moved on. If you are interested in one day doing your own thing this is a great platform to learn in. It will develop an owner mentality
Pros
Discount, Small team, Great merchandise
Cons
Low pay, High turn over, Promoted based on store performance not skill set