Supervision of foremen, trade/subcontractors and other construction-related personnel. Direct the planning, coordination and safe execution of field operations including demolition, excavation, foundation and building construction. Ensure that work is performed on time and within budget, while attaining or exceeding profit goals.
Must have a complete knowledge of all safety regulations, and see that all are properly enforced.
- Responsibilities: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required.
Ultimately responsible for: Quality, Production, and Safety for the area of assigned construction. Coordinate plans, specifications, and schedules to ensure quality and on-time completion of work.
- Develop and maintain, project site logistics and temporary facilities plans. Assist Preconstruction team in developing an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Participate in post-bid, buyout, Owner/Architect/Contractor, coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling and kickoff meetings.
- Implement and maintain a project site specific safety program for staff and all subcontractors on, OSHA requirements, local, state and federal law. Knowledge of applicable OSHA requirements and manage OSHA site visits. (weekly tool box talk)
- Participate with the project manager in issuance of weekly minutes of meeting and monthly progress reports.
- Perform all job site control reporting measures including daily reports, petty cash report, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports and timesheets.
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contracts with Owner, subcontractor scope of works, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of shop drawings and approved stamped set of architects drawings. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and understands specifications. Participate in the update the architectural/MEP/etc. drawings.
- Coordinate and manage all material deliveries, subcontracts and the work being self- performed.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
- Responsible for the layout and field engineering in accordance with all project requirements. Manage the coordination of daily construction activities within existing operating facilities.
- Maintain a set of contract documents that contains all the current contract changes and clarifications.
- Develop and execute a plan for monitoring and completing punch list items. Coordinate all required field inspections.
- Understand the Guaranteed Scope of Work.
5 to 7 years of construction related experience, with at least 3 years of experience as a Superintendent, managing site activity, labor relations and union agreements, anticipating and resolving field related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements, managing site safety and insurance risks, and ability to communicate both written and oral, and leadership..
- Able and willing to work nights and weekends.
Proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Four-year Bachelor Degree in an accredited construction related curriculum, (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a four-year degree