Francis Marion University

Francis Marion University Employer Reviews

Productive and fun with a great team player environment
Neuroscience laboratory research assistant (Current Employee), Florence, SCJuly 2, 2014
On a typical day, I run behavioral trials with rat study subjects. I enter the daily data in Microsoft Excel and Prism. Weekly, the team analyzes the graphs for data trends.
Also, we have a weekly session in which we discuss journal articles related to our paradigm and look for ways to improve studies in the future. I work with a small hardworking, – more... dedicated team. Our primary investigator is always available to answer any question, as is our lab tech.
The hardest part of the job is processes the animals for dissection. The most enjoyable, the ease in which each team member gets along. – less
na
Student Worker (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 6, 2014
it was nice i left happy everyone was sweet and pleasant,Im only writing this because they wont let me upload my resume if I dont
Productive and fun filled work environment
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 1, 2014
Pros: nice people, experience, learned life long skills
Cons: did the work for free because it was an internship
Human Resource Department
Worked hands on with Manager/President of administration
completed institutional research single handedly
Came up with solutions for employee and student retention
Data analysis and manipulation
Easy and comfortable
Math/Trigonometry Tutor (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 13, 2014
There was nothing hard about this job. I just assisted a certain amount of students with their school work. I presented my knowledge of math to them, so they understand the concepts of what they are learning.
Educational Setting to complete assignments
Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 11, 2014
Assisted professors and students in the Francis Marion University’s Academic Computer and Media Center; Aided students and professors in the functions of the computer, printers, and DVD players; answered phone calls professionally and took accurate messages.
Just your standard job
Media Specialist (Former Employee), Computer CenterMarch 13, 2014
Pros: free time to do other work, friendly people
Cons: extremely cold, low pay, no advancement options
Unless you have the right individuals working with you, the job can be quite boring, but it goes give you time to focus on your school work. Since it is a student worker job!
Enjoyable job
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 5, 2014
Performed clerical duties as well as helped other perform their duties.
You are super busy but it is an exciting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 20, 2013
Pros: christmas break with pay and bonus checks
Cons: benefits keep going up in that you have to have more taken out of your paycheck before you get it.
A typical work day is performing a variety of administrative assistant duties including (but not limited to) handling correspondence, data entry, answering all incoming calls and routing them, sorting mail, working with prospective graduate students to get their paper work entered in to the computer to get them admitted in our graduate programs, customer – more... service to the general public, creating files and filing, making appointment and all other general office duties.

The hardest part about my job is I sit at the front desk and there are so many distractions when working on critical projects but yet they have to be done in a timely fashion.

The most enjoyable part of my job is at the end of the day I feel as if I have help someone achieve a goal or made a difference in someone life. – less
Student attending college
Student (Former Employee), Florence, SCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: professors who really care
Cons: a heavy course load
I was a freshman attending my first year as a nursing student. It was a great year except my grandparents got sick so I had to drop out and take care of them.
Very nice learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 6, 2013
Worked as a student Research Assistant. I loved the environment and how helpful the staff is.
Lifeguard - A Fun Job
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Florence, SCJuly 15, 2013
It was a fine place to work. I went to school there and graduated from it. I didn't really earn any kind of benefits or anything because I am just a student worker there.
Productive and nice enviornment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 25, 2013
Pros: nice breaks
Turn on the 50 computers and 6 printers and also monitor the area in which is located in the rear of the library.
Productive and challenging
Facilities Management Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 2, 2013
Francis Marion is a wonderful learning institution for the advancement of an individual who is seeking a professional position in the work force. While there I was able to obtain a work study position that allowed me to enhance my communication and organizational skills.
THE PEOPLE ARE HAPPY WITH THE WORK WE DO EVERYDAY
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee), Florence, SCDecember 4, 2012
Pros: the kids
Cons: the pay
COME IN MAKE SURE ALL THE STUFF ARE CLEAN AND READY FOR THE KIDS. HELP PLAN ACTIVITES FOR THE KIDS TO DO. HELP WITH THE KID'S DIET AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE EATING. ALSO MONTIOR THEM AND MAKE RECORD OF PROGRESS FOR EXAMPLE RECORDING HOW MANY TIMES THEY ARE USING THE RESTROOM... MAKE SURE THE AREA IS CLEAN AND KEEP THE KID'S HAPPY UNTIL TIME FOR THE KIDS – more... TO GO HOME. AFTER THAT CLEAN UP ALL THE TOYS AND PUT AWAY THINGS THAT ARE IN THE WAY. – less
productive and confidential
Student Secretary (Former Employee), Florence, SCOctober 10, 2012
I work as student secretary. I had to deal with confidential information dealing with staff and the students. Being on time was very importnat in which I did well with
Interesting place to do research
Researcher (Former Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 10, 2012
I was pretty much left to my own devices. As long as the end result was made from the resources I was told to use, I could go about making it in any which way.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Accounting Assistant - Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 1, 2012
FMU is a great place to work. It has a very diverse environment, and the managers and coworkers are easy to work with.
Energized atmosphere and a great progressive working environment.
Senior Administrative Specialist- Office Manager (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 26, 2012
Pros: constantly changing work enviornment, lots of new faces, constant adaptation.
Cons: sometimes the work load was unreasonable, raises not in line with duties, not enough advancement opportunities for staff.
It is a pleasure to interact with new students around the world.
Pleasant Environment
Registrar's Office Student Worker (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 6, 2012
I was in a pleasant environment while working as a student worker at Francis Marion. The most enjoyable part about working at Francis Marion is that I had the pleasure of working with great people who cared about their customers as much as I did.
Productive and fun workplace with WiFi
Research Assistant, Tutor (Current Employee), Florence, SCMay 21, 2012
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: location
Typical workdays vary with job. For student tutors there is typically sufficient time to study for classes during job hours, between students. For researchers hours will be dependent on mentor availability, but usually consists of 40 hour weeks. Research is certainly the most rewarding and lunch breaks are generous.