Franciscan Alliance Employee Reviews

Good work/life balance
Regional Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 29, 2016
It is a good place to start out at. Friendly co workers, easy to get along with. I would encourage people to work there. I learned a lot about my position and can take my knowledge else where.
Pros
PTO
Cons
SALARY
It is OK
RN (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INJanuary 22, 2016
It is OK as long as you don't work in the Mooresville building. They are the meanest group of nurses I've ever met in my life. High turnover b/c they are so mean. lateral violence at it's finest right here folks.
Pros
close to home if you live in morgan county
Cons
lateral violence is OK here
Procurement
procurement (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 18, 2016
Its an ok place to work. Hard to move up due to not too many positions available. The don't pay really well. Not much room for advancement. There is no appreciation for what you do.
Productive and welcoming workplace
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 18, 2016
The Franciscan Alliance is a highly respected organization and it is easy to see why. The staff is riendly,welcoming and always eager to help. The staff is also professional and efficient. It has been a pleasure working here.
Good benefits and tend to promote from within
Manager of Quality and Performance Improvement (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 2, 2015
Large and financially stable company that is likely to be around a long time. Good benefits and tend to promote from within for higher level positions like management.
Productive and Organized work place
Medical Specialist Billing Internship (Former Employee) –  Munster, INNovember 18, 2015
Supportive management team that works with their employees.
Land back work place, but they expect employees to work hard.
Unethical environment, unfriendly workplace, training unsatifactory
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work requires an employee to give up their home and social life. As one of three systems analyst for over 300 clients was incomprehensive including over 500 help desk calls and over six major projects for the company not including deadlines that were given the same day they're due. The training was insufficient for this massive type of hospital application used. No training was provided by management. The co-workers were sometimes helpful if they were not hoarding knowledge. The hardest part of this job began at the start of the day until the end of the day. Management required employees not to take breaks but rather to work through and through lunch if possible.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Management, work environment, training, knowledge hoarding
Good work environment
Help desk (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 15, 2015
Good work environment, friendly people, awesome place to work, nice location, good pay, good training, i will work there and retire there if possible.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
generous break/lunch
Wonderful Work Environment
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 8, 2015
I really enjoyed the company because it was Christian based and morally the company did right by it's employees. I enjoyed the benefits package and the organizations community involvement as well. I enjoyed working for a company that promotes from within and allows one to move around to advance throughout the company. I had a good working relationship with my co-workers, learned a great deal about billing and customer service, and really enjoyed all aspects of the job.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Catholic based organization of values, mission, etc.
Trainer and Quality Assuarance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 18, 2015
My typical day at FA (Franciscan Alliance) is training, professional development and/or quality assurance, etc. I work with a great team who is very helpful to each other, always caring and willing to help wherever we can. On occasions the hardest part of my job is to have the class flow for all adult learning types, speed and accuracy. At the same time it's very rewarding to help people learn something new and to understand why they are doing the function they way that they are being trained. Not just 'you need to d it this way'.
Pros
Flexibility of your day
Cons
Management comes up with ideas but rarely follow thruogh with them.
Collections and Billing Specialist.
Email if further action is required for member (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2015
Review claims for process to ensure payment is processing. Verify documentation is correct for eligibility and DOB through EPIC, Availity, UHC, and Optum Cloud. Document all information per member in their file through EPIC. Email if further action is required for member.
wonderful doctors
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 20, 2015
this was a very busy family doctor office , all the co workers had a family like relationship , the hardest part of this job was many long hours, most enjoyable part is the patients we all came very familiar with most patients and cared not only about the medical aspects but the other parts of their lives as well.
Pros
wobderful doctors, family feel atmosphere
Cons
corporate changed
Don't bother. Do yourself a favor and GO ELSEWHERE.
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 30, 2015
Franciscan prides itself on being godly and "all about the patient." They forget that employees of every department matter. There's absolutely no appreciation from management, and I agree with another person on here that it's like talking to a brick wall.

Management is very sneaky. You will be severely understaffed, overworked, and underpaid. It's too stressful.
Registration
Registration (Former Employee) –  Munster INJune 8, 2015
Since Franciscan Alliance took over, this place has gotten worse than what it was. They say that "Their calling is to provide exceptional healthcare services that will continue Christ's ministry in Franciscan tradition"
I never knew that Christ's ministry included people with high positions walking around with their noses so high in the air that if they sneezed, the ceiling would cave in. MANY, not all, of management there are cold, heart-less people. Whenever i would go to management for anything, they treated me as if i was beneath them. They dont listen. Many of them do not communicate with you, they dont acknowledge the hard work you do, they dont even say hi in the elevator. They just walk with their fancy clothes on and collect their fat paychecks while the ones with no authority do the hard work. I loved what i did, and the pay was good, but it was not worth my health. The stress that place is under was affecting me and many of us there, badly.
Pros
I enjoyed helping patient's
Data Entry and Registration
Charge Entry Specialist/Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Munster, INMay 23, 2015
I register patients into our new system EPIC, while doing so I verify all their insurance and demographic information.
Pros
non-consistant hours
dead end
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 21, 2015
no room for advancement unless someone moves away, retires, or dies. minimally staffed, management is like talking to a wall and can never seem to get anything done for you.
Politics
Information Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, InFebruary 23, 2015
Company Politics were a big part of the culture. I don't know what it's like there now a days. Hopefully it has improved a bit.
Medical Assistants BEWARE! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 6, 2015
The Hammond Clinic in Munster is extremely outdated (holes in the walls, paint peeling, dirty exam rooms etc). You are guaranteed to work short staff and float to multiple departments because the turnover is so HIGH! The morale is extremely low, staff is not very educated and lack leadership. The pay is extremely LOW ($11/hr average). The medical benefits are expensive n suck. If u smoke you will pay an extra $150 per month in addition to your premium. The attendance policy is so strict 1/2 point for being ONE minute late! The raises suck (average 15 CENTS per year).Computers, Printers, fax machines and telephones don't work often! Did i mention they use your PTO for holidays and if you DON'T have PTO to cover the holiday you are WRITTEN UP! The best thing about this job is getting free lunch from hyper drug reps.
Pros
free lunches from drug reps
Cons
no breaks, low pay, high turnover, poor benefits, tacky environment
Productive, friendly place to work
Patient service representative/medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, INFebruary 3, 2015
I saw a lot of patients and got a lot of interaction loved that. Management was great. Only had 1 co-worker the NP and she was great. The hardest part of the job is when the office started going downhill and only being open a few days a week and I was being sent to other offices to work. The most enjoyable part was working side by side with my NP.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
office closed
Great hospitals, terrible satellite offices.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJanuary 29, 2015
Came in 1 hour early to get all the tasks and schedules prepped for the day. Often overbooked, worked 1 to 1.5 hours over scheduled hours. I learned a lot about babys since I mostly worked pediactrics department. Management was absent often and my co-workers were busy and confrontational. There was no diversity, I was the only non-caucasion in the office. The hardest part was trying to teach them how to use the new EMR system. They were not cooperative and refused to do many of the functions. The best part of the job were most of the patients and the practitioners were fun.
Pros
lots of drug rep lunches, nice exam rooms, fun doctors
Cons
terrible pay scale