Franciscan Alliance

Franciscan Alliance Employee Reviews

Registration
Registration (Former Employee), Munster INJune 8, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed helping patient's
Cons: Management
Since Franciscan Alliance took over, this place has gotten worse than what it was. They say that "Their calling is to provide exceptional healthcare services that will continue Christ's ministry in Franciscan – more... tradition"
I never knew that Christ's ministry included people with high positions walking around with their noses so high in the air that if they sneezed, the ceiling would cave in. MANY, not all, of management there are cold, heart-less people. Whenever i would go to management for anything, they treated me as if i was beneath them. They dont listen. Many of them do not communicate with you, they dont acknowledge the hard work you do, they dont even say hi in the elevator. They just walk with their fancy clothes on and collect their fat paychecks while the ones with no authority do the hard work. I loved what i did, and the pay was good, but it was not worth my health. The stress that place is under was affecting me and many of us there, badly. – less
Data Entry and Registration
Charge Entry Specialist/Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Munster, INMay 23, 2015
Pros: non-consistant hours
I register patients into our new system EPIC, while doing so I verify all their insurance and demographic information.
dead end
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee), Michigan City, INMarch 21, 2015
no room for advancement unless someone moves away, retires, or dies. minimally staffed, management is like talking to a wall and can never seem to get anything done for you.
Politics
Information Security Administrator (Former Employee), Beech Grove, InFebruary 23, 2015
Company Politics were a big part of the culture. I don't know what it's like there now a days. Hopefully it has improved a bit.
Medical Assistants BEWARE! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Munster, INFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches from drug reps
Cons: no breaks, low pay, high turnover, poor benefits, tacky environment
The Hammond Clinic in Munster is extremely outdated (holes in the walls, paint peeling, dirty exam rooms etc). You are guaranteed to work short staff and float to multiple departments because the turnover – more... is so HIGH! The morale is extremely low, staff is not very educated and lack leadership. The pay is extremely LOW ($11/hr average). The medical benefits are expensive n suck. If u smoke you will pay an extra $150 per month in addition to your premium. The attendance policy is so strict 1/2 point for being ONE minute late! The raises suck (average 15 CENTS per year).Computers, Printers, fax machines and telephones don't work often! Did i mention they use your PTO for holidays and if you DON'T have PTO to cover the holiday you are WRITTEN UP! The best thing about this job is getting free lunch from hyper drug reps. – less
Productive, friendly place to work
Patient service representative/medical assistant (Former Employee), Mulberry, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: office closed
I saw a lot of patients and got a lot of interaction loved that. Management was great. Only had 1 co-worker the NP and she was great. The hardest part of the job is when the office started going downhill and only being open a few days a week and I was being sent to other offices to work. The most enjoyable part was working side by side with my NP.
Great hospitals, terrible satellite offices.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Crown Point, INJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: lots of drug rep lunches, nice exam rooms, fun doctors
Cons: terrible pay scale
Came in 1 hour early to get all the tasks and schedules prepped for the day. Often overbooked, worked 1 to 1.5 hours over scheduled hours. I learned a lot about babys since I mostly worked pediactrics – more... department. Management was absent often and my co-workers were busy and confrontational. There was no diversity, I was the only non-caucasion in the office. The hardest part was trying to teach them how to use the new EMR system. They were not cooperative and refused to do many of the functions. The best part of the job were most of the patients and the practitioners were fun. – less
Productive work environment
Medical Assistant/Client Care Specialist (Former Employee), Valparaiso, IndianaJanuary 9, 2015
enjoyable work environment, Everyday was a learning experience.
Management and co-workers worked as team players daily. The hardest part of the job was to see in discomfort.
Productive and supportive workplace environment.
Cardiology Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Olympia Fields, IlDecember 5, 2014
Pros: team support, collaboration, inpatient and outpatient. lunches, educational opportunities provided by various vendors.
Cons: demanding workload at times which contributed to longer work days.
I worked in collaboration with three cardiologists in a group practice. The day began rounding on the inpatient telemetry and critical care units after obtaining the group's patient census and reviewing – more... the patient's status, including most recent lab values, diagnostic tests, vital signs, and chart notes in the EMR portal. I lead a late morning multidisciplinary chronic care team meeting on several key units. The goal of the team was to improve inpatient care, discharge planning and reduce the readmission rate. My afternoon was spent in the cardiology office seeing scheduled and occasionally "walk-in" patients.
The patient load at times was challenging as there are no predictions with the occurrence of cardiovascular events. This applied to the inpatient setting as well as in the office.
I worked closely with the medical and nursing staff to coordinate individualized patient treatment plans. I was the sole nurse practitioner in the practice and enjoyed the benefit of working with fine cardiologists in addition to a warm and supportive office staff.
I gained significant experience and improved my knowledge base working with this great group of cardiologists, while collaborating in the management of cardiovascular conditions. – less
not a good place to work
Medicare Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Hammond, INNovember 16, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: healthinsurance, never do enough
always holds your job over your head with not doing enough,not a friendly place to work
Great Place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Lafayette, INOctober 11, 2014
I love several things about my job...diverse patient population, amazing coworkers, a boss who has been there and supportive ancillary staff.
poor moral through the organization
Assistant (Former Employee), Dyer, IndianaJuly 19, 2014
Cons: poor benefits, poor management, negative atmosphere
Too much favoritism, hire people unfairly and qualifications only matter in clinical positions. Advance mentioned is unfair. The bigger the corporation grows the worse it is for employees.
An organization that lacks vision
Application Analyst (Former Employee), IndianaJune 27, 2014
Pros: performance bonus, educational opportunities, and wonderful co-workers
Cons: no additional pay for being on-call, 45 hour workweek expected for salaried employees, and extemely obvious favoritism from management towards certain employees
Endless meetings and constant shifting of priorities.
I learned a great deal about big organizations and how they operate.
Local management was the mouthpiece for corporate decision making that rarely – more... sought the advice or opinions of the people who would be affected.
Enjoyed my co-workers and found them to be the most valuable resource.
Watching the organization dismantle all the physician groups they purchased and treating the providers and staff with no respect.
Getting to meet and work with the workers from all the regions who truly are the legs this organization stands on. – less
It's just a job, not career!
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Dyer INJune 24, 2014
Pros: close to home, great co-workers
Cons: low pay, insurance benefits expensive, rarely any meetings
This department is not a cohesive unit & very unorganized. We're extremely short handed. Having meetings are few far and in between. Management doesn't take suggestions.They have taken many incentives – more... away from us. Who wants to come join our team when this company doesnt have much to offer. Just a paycheck & over priced health insurance. If you're lucky enough to be full time it's not so bad. If you're ft they pay lt & st disability.All employees get life insurance paid by the company. Compassion, caring ,concern & fidelity to our mission got lost along the way. These opinions are not of Franciscan alliance they are from my own observations. – less
mgt poor
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJune 19, 2014
Pros: its a job, benefits so-so
Cons: bad working conditions
mgt is very poor in the breast ctr. favoritism is rampid, the chief tech likes the younger staff and they have more chances of advancement in dept than say the older techs. The dept head is very aware – more... of the tech dissatisfaction with the chief tech, but won't do anything about it.
no praise for work well done or going the extra mile, its just expected.
mgt does not listen to the employees, it all about the $$$$$$$$. – less
Great Place to Work but Opportunity for Advancement Could be Better
Epic Application Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2014
Franciscan Alliance is a great place to work. They are a pretty stable company for the most part. Would like to see more opportunities for advancement and better pay.
company that does not care for employees whatsoever
certified medical assistant (Former Employee), crown point, INMay 8, 2014
Pros: patients were amazing and i loved the relationships i developed with my patients
Cons: little pay, disrespect from coworkers and management, no lunch breaks
i worked for FPN for three long years and was treated like dirt from managers, supervisors, and physicians. there is soo much work put on each single person that it was nearly impossible to finish anything – more... without HOURS of OT. I cant even count how many days I went with no breaks at all or even any lunch breaks. The pay is very little and there is no room for advancement unless you kiss major behind. I was even sexually harrassed by a physician. nothing was done about it but I was fired over "something completely different" a week later. – less
Franciscan Alliance
Medical Billing (Current Employee), Hammond, INMay 3, 2014
Franciscan Alliance is a great place to get training and education when striving to learn the medical industry.
Lots of amazing people.
Nurse Asst. Inpatient Medical; Psych Department. (Former Employee), Lafayette,Indiana. Central Campus and East campus.April 24, 2014
Pros: status in the community, and respect in the medical community.
Cons: business based on amount and type of patients, and your job position of importance.
Typical day: Call in one hour and half before shift. Find out if I work, where I work, when and for how long? I worked as a Nurse's assistant at, Central hospital, in In patient medical floors.Or in psych, – more... or in Intensive care at Central campus or at East campus, or as a mobility tech at Central hospital.

The job requires high energy and alertness.There were a lot of success story's, and a lot of sadness. A lot of physical and emotional energy is expounded. There are life and death situations constantly. Most days after work I was exhausted. I learned that care takers (me and others), need to take better care of themselves. As far as management, the Sisters (Nuns),and the Priests and Chaplains had it together.

Some other departments had way too many managers.
St. E.,was not just co-workers, but a team and a family.This job requires a lot of accuracy, high focus and teamwork quite often. But we have to be able to stand alone when necessary.

The hardest part of the job was not knowing from one day to the next, if I would have a full weeks work or a full days work. Low census determined this, and my position in the food chain. It's hard to budget like this. Especially if you own a home, or have finantual responsibilities. The last department I worked in we worked every other weekend. That is Friday ,Saturday ,and Sunday. We could've rotated every 3rd weekend, but for some reason it didn't happen.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping to make a difference. knowing that the power to do this comes from Christ alone.

I am grateful to have worked at St.E./Franciscan Alliance. I'd work there again if I had guaranteed scheduling, and did not have to work every other weekend. – less
Great place
Education and Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Hammond, INMarch 8, 2014
Great place to work.