Franciscan Alliance Employer Reviews

Productive and supportive workplace environment.
Cardiology Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Olympia Fields, IlDecember 5, 2014
Pros: team support, collaboration, inpatient and outpatient. lunches, educational opportunities provided by various vendors.
Cons: demanding workload at times which contributed to longer work days.
I worked in collaboration with three cardiologists in a group practice. The day began rounding on the inpatient telemetry and critical care units after obtaining the group's patient census and reviewing the patient's status, including most recent lab values, diagnostic tests, vital signs, and chart notes in the EMR portal. I lead a late morning multidisciplinary – more... chronic care team meeting on several key units. The goal of the team was to improve inpatient care, discharge planning and reduce the readmission rate. My afternoon was spent in the cardiology office seeing scheduled and occasionally "walk-in" patients.
The patient load at times was challenging as there are no predictions with the occurrence of cardiovascular events. This applied to the inpatient setting as well as in the office.
I worked closely with the medical and nursing staff to coordinate individualized patient treatment plans. I was the sole nurse practitioner in the practice and enjoyed the benefit of working with fine cardiologists in addition to a warm and supportive office staff.
I gained significant experience and improved my knowledge base working with this great group of cardiologists, while collaborating in the management of cardiovascular conditions. – less
not a good place to work
Medicare Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Hammond, INNovember 16, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: healthinsurance, never do enough
always holds your job over your head with not doing enough,not a friendly place to work
Great Place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Lafayette, INOctober 11, 2014
I love several things about my job...diverse patient population, amazing coworkers, a boss who has been there and supportive ancillary staff.
poor moral through the organization
Assistant (Former Employee), Dyer, IndianaJuly 19, 2014
Cons: poor benefits, poor management, negative atmosphere
Too much favoritism, hire people unfairly and qualifications only matter in clinical positions. Advance mentioned is unfair. The bigger the corporation grows the worse it is for employees.
An organization that lacks vision
Application Analyst (Former Employee), IndianaJune 27, 2014
Pros: performance bonus, educational opportunities, and wonderful co-workers
Cons: no additional pay for being on-call, 45 hour workweek expected for salaried employees, and extemely obvious favoritism from management towards certain employees
Endless meetings and constant shifting of priorities.
I learned a great deal about big organizations and how they operate.
Local management was the mouthpiece for corporate decision making that rarely sought the advice or opinions of the people who would be affected.
Enjoyed my co-workers and found them to be the most valuable resource.
Watching the – more... organization dismantle all the physician groups they purchased and treating the providers and staff with no respect.
Getting to meet and work with the workers from all the regions who truly are the legs this organization stands on. – less
It's just a job, not career!
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Dyer INJune 24, 2014
Pros: close to home, great co-workers
Cons: low pay, insurance benefits expensive, rarely any meetings
This department is not a cohesive unit & very unorganized. We're extremely short handed. Having meetings are few far and in between. Management doesn't take suggestions.They have taken many incentives away from us. Who wants to come join our team when this company doesnt have much to offer. Just a paycheck & over priced health insurance. If you're lucky – more... enough to be full time it's not so bad. If you're ft they pay lt & st disability.All employees get life insurance paid by the company. Compassion, caring ,concern & fidelity to our mission got lost along the way. These opinions are not of Franciscan alliance they are from my own observations. – less
mgt poor
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJune 19, 2014
Pros: its a job, benefits so-so
Cons: bad working conditions
mgt is very poor in the breast ctr. favoritism is rampid, the chief tech likes the younger staff and they have more chances of advancement in dept than say the older techs. The dept head is very aware of the tech dissatisfaction with the chief tech, but won't do anything about it.
no praise for work well done or going the extra mile, its just expected.
mgt – more... does not listen to the employees, it all about the $$$$$$$$. – less
Great Place to Work but Opportunity for Advancement Could be Better
Epic Application Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2014
Franciscan Alliance is a great place to work. They are a pretty stable company for the most part. Would like to see more opportunities for advancement and better pay.
company that does not care for employees whatsoever
certified medical assistant (Former Employee), crown point, INMay 8, 2014
Pros: patients were amazing and i loved the relationships i developed with my patients
Cons: little pay, disrespect from coworkers and management, no lunch breaks
i worked for FPN for three long years and was treated like dirt from managers, supervisors, and physicians. there is soo much work put on each single person that it was nearly impossible to finish anything without HOURS of OT. I cant even count how many days I went with no breaks at all or even any lunch breaks. The pay is very little and there is no – more... room for advancement unless you kiss major behind. I was even sexually harrassed by a physician. nothing was done about it but I was fired over "something completely different" a week later. – less
Medical Billing (Current Employee), Hammond, INMay 3, 2014
Franciscan Alliance is a great place to get training and education when striving to learn the medical industry.
Lots of amazing people.
Nurse Asst. Inpatient Medical; Psych Department. (Former Employee), Lafayette,Indiana. Central Campus and East campus.April 24, 2014
Pros: status in the community, and respect in the medical community.
Cons: business based on amount and type of patients, and your job position of importance.
Typical day: Call in one hour and half before shift. Find out if I work, where I work, when and for how long? I worked as a Nurse's assistant at, Central hospital, in In patient medical floors.Or in psych, or in Intensive care at Central campus or at East campus, or as a mobility tech at Central hospital.

The job requires high energy and alertness.There – more... were a lot of success story's, and a lot of sadness. A lot of physical and emotional energy is expounded. There are life and death situations constantly. Most days after work I was exhausted. I learned that care takers (me and others), need to take better care of themselves. As far as management, the Sisters (Nuns),and the Priests and Chaplains had it together.

Some other departments had way too many managers.
St. E.,was not just co-workers, but a team and a family.This job requires a lot of accuracy, high focus and teamwork quite often. But we have to be able to stand alone when necessary.

The hardest part of the job was not knowing from one day to the next, if I would have a full weeks work or a full days work. Low census determined this, and my position in the food chain. It's hard to budget like this. Especially if you own a home, or have finantual responsibilities. The last department I worked in we worked every other weekend. That is Friday ,Saturday ,and Sunday. We could've rotated every 3rd weekend, but for some reason it didn't happen.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping to make a difference. knowing that the power to do this comes from Christ alone.

I am grateful to have worked at St.E./Franciscan Alliance. I'd work there again if I had guaranteed scheduling, and did not have to work every other weekend. – less
Great place
Education and Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Hammond, INMarch 8, 2014
Great place to work.
Great hours.
Good atmosphere.
Good people.
Love my coworkers...but management is not the best
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Crown Point, INFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch 3 days a week from drug reps
Cons: management, benefit cost
Typically, a day consists of answering phones and checking patients in. This is nothing new. However, the amount of abuse that I have received verbally from patients is ridiculous. When this is brought up to management, we are told to "smile and say thank you". All of this while benefit costs are raised and quality is lowered...and little to no pay – more... raises. Not to mention I was told one salary when I started and it was lowered right before my start date. I feel as if the management just doesn't care. – less
Challenging company that taught me critical thinking that lead me with knowledge of revenue cycle and the healthcare industry.
Epic Report Application Coordinator (AC) (Current Employee), Hammond, INJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: being able to work to numerous different projects
Cons: lack of training
Typical day at work:
- Completing a daily dashboard that shows financial scope of the revenue cycle.
- Working on ADHOC request via "Heat" our customer request system.
- Working on projects to assist in lowering cost or increasing collection while increasing efficiency within the revenue cycle.

What I learned:
- Critical thinking skills
- Data analysis
- – more... Crystal reports (programming)
- Revenue cycle (pertaining to healthcare) – less
The best quality of this company is their employees.
Medical Collector (Current Employee), Hammond, IndianaJanuary 21, 2014
I am very impressed with the quality of character of the people working at this company, however I feel that they choose those qualities over actually being qualified for the job.
Good Company but...
Managed Care/Medicaid Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee), Schererville, INJanuary 20, 2014
Good company but location is a problem. I love my coworkers but there is really no room for advancement. I loved my job day to day but new location transferred to is far form my home.
Great co-workers
CT Technologist / X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee), Munster, INJanuary 19, 2014
Love my co-workers, limited room for advancement. Worked alone second shift. You must transport patients and be sole care provider during exam. Limited access to radiologists.
Adheres to Wonderful Frnciscan Values
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Greenwood, INJanuary 15, 2014
This is a great company to work for. I enjoy the face paced customer focused environment.
Large company
Revenue Cycle Education & QA Specialist (Current Employee), Hammond, IndianaJanuary 4, 2014
Learned how to self teach any new information. Hardest part of job is lack of training.
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Greenwood, INNovember 30, 2013
Pros: in greenwood, in
Cons: overworked
Answering phones and questions all day. Data Entry and assisting patients with help of understanding their bills and insurance

What i have learned is that the person on the phone is not made at you, they are made at the situation

Management here is often micro managed

Hardest part about my job is not always getting to see the end project

Enjoyable – more... part is all of the people you help and get a change to meet over the phone. Helping them understand something that in this day and age is getting more and more difficult – less