Franciscan Alliance Employee Reviews in United States

Good benefits and tend to promote from within
Manager of Quality and Performance Improvement (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 2, 2015
Large and financially stable company that is likely to be around a long time. Good benefits and tend to promote from within for higher level positions like management.
Keep looking
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2016
I have been here 5 years. In those five years my raises do not even equal $1.00. I work in a doctors office and my hours and erratic. I work 4 days a week and am constantly having to change my day off to satisfy everybody else. My manager is salary 80 hours a week and only works 3 days and leaves early one of those days. We have no one to go to for help. I call the regional manager and she never returns my calls. I left an ER job because I hated working nights to come here. But when you work anywhere from 9 - 12 hours a day and the pay is horrible I should have just stayed. If you don't have a family or any other commitments then I would recommend it.
Pros
close to home
Cons
PTO, point system, pay raises, no management
Average place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INApril 24, 2016
most upper management will turn a blind eye to problem staff, including their own peers. New blood is needed to breathe new life into this organization. Franciscan Alliance has the potential for greatness if they were ran like a "for profit" company and performed a little "house cleaning".
Most staff work well together to accomplish expected goals. Have seen team members pull together for the care of critically ill patients and perform life saving interventions quickly as well as smoothly. The staff that care for the patients are the heart and soul of the organization as well as those staff members that support the care givers.
Pros
PTO
Cons
compensation for support staff
Growing Company, less raises
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  MunsterMay 6, 2016
Not sure why this fast growing company invests in multi million dollar developments, but places annual evaluation pay increases on hold for current and hard working employees. Besides, the most out of a pay raise you can get is $0.30 YEARLY! PTO is a joke! Forget about advancing, because when a more than qualified candidate applies from within, they will change requirements and job title to ensure that you dont qualify for the position.

Overworked. Underpaid. Managers claim they have your back. Not worth the stress.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
PTO, lack of leadership
Nice environment to work in
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2016
Quiet environment to work in. Everyone is friendly and willing to work in a team effort. Limited opportunities for advancement. Pay increase does not reflect your efforts. One person can work extremely hard and the next employee does the absolute minimum and this does not impact pay increases. Pay increases are not linked to performance. Level of pay is not in line with other hospitals. This has been explained as Franciscan Alliance is not for profit.
Pros
Cons
Pay increases and pto time is minimal
Unethical environment, unfriendly workplace, training unsatifactory
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work requires an employee to give up their home and social life. As one of three systems analyst for over 300 clients was incomprehensive including over 500 help desk calls and over six major projects for the company not including deadlines that were given the same day they're due. The training was insufficient for this massive type of hospital application used. No training was provided by management. The co-workers were sometimes helpful if they were not hoarding knowledge. The hardest part of this job began at the start of the day until the end of the day. Management required employees not to take breaks but rather to work through and through lunch if possible.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Management, work environment, training, knowledge hoarding
Productive and Organized work place
Medical Specialist Billing Internship (Former Employee) –  Munster, INNovember 18, 2015
Supportive management team that works with their employees.
Land back work place, but they expect employees to work hard.
Run for your life
Tech (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMarch 1, 2016
Bullying, poor management, poor leadership from HR. A group can gang up on one person and its considered acceptable. This is not the place you will be accepted when you are new. Some of my worst days of my life took place there.
Horrible place to work
CST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2016
Horrible management. Back stabbing. So many cliques. If u didn't fit in then you were not accepted by another. Two faced people everywhere. Employees were horrible to new employees. Mean. Didn't want to train the proper way and/or left you in the dust. Only lasted 6 months before I went back to my old job. Wanted less OR call and was called in on every weekend. WORST place to ever work. I will NEVER work there again
Pros
Lol! Nothing!!!
Cons
EVERYTHING!!
Poor management
Tech II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2016
They only care about the money. Patient care and or safety doesn't matter. A lot of bullying and favoritism. HR department is a joke. The mission and values of this hospital only applies to some.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Low pay, poor management, Bullying

Want to know more about Franciscan Alliance?

Ask a question
strict environment but yet calm and fun place to work
Collection Agent CSI (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILApril 14, 2016
a typical work there would consist of sitting in your work cube and making outbound calls and taking inbound calls to collect money from patients for doctor bills or billing the insurance. the hardest part of the day was to get the patients to pay the bill off in full. the most enjoyable part about the job was setting goals for your self daily for payments and trying to reach them to receive the monthly bonus
Wonderful Work Environment
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 8, 2015
I really enjoyed the company because it was Christian based and morally the company did right by it's employees. I enjoyed the benefits package and the organizations community involvement as well. I enjoyed working for a company that promotes from within and allows one to move around to advance throughout the company. I had a good working relationship with my co-workers, learned a great deal about billing and customer service, and really enjoyed all aspects of the job.
Pros
Benefits package
Good work/life balance
Regional Accountant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 29, 2016
It is a good place to start out at. Friendly co workers, easy to get along with. I would encourage people to work there. I learned a lot about my position and can take my knowledge else where.
Pros
PTO
Cons
SALARY
Catholic based organization of values, mission, etc.
Trainer and Quality Assuarance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 18, 2015
My typical day at FA (Franciscan Alliance) is training, professional development and/or quality assurance, etc. I work with a great team who is very helpful to each other, always caring and willing to help wherever we can. On occasions the hardest part of my job is to have the class flow for all adult learning types, speed and accuracy. At the same time it's very rewarding to help people learn something new and to understand why they are doing the function they way that they are being trained. Not just 'you need to d it this way'.
Pros
Flexibility of your day
Cons
Management comes up with ideas but rarely follow thruogh with them.
Procurement
procurement (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 18, 2016
Its an ok place to work. Hard to move up due to not too many positions available. The don't pay really well. Not much room for advancement. There is no appreciation for what you do.
Nice place and decent benefits
Procurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 30, 2016
not much variety; very limited opportunities for advancement. There is much longevity, however not much variety. There is no overtime, no weekends. hardest part of the job is being bored with monotonous work, and realizing there's not a lot of advancement.
X Ray dept is a joke
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 5, 2016
Supervision terrible, too many chiefs, almost 30 supervisors in X Ray. Move on and don't bother with Franciscan. If you disagree with anything, you are not being true to the Mission. Not sure people even know what that means
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Wood love to work there as a team
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMay 12, 2016
I would love to work at saint Anthony as a team. To better myself and to care for others I am a person person I love to talk to others I'm very helpful to others and further my career I know I have to learn more but are willing to learn
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shor breaks
well treated by Company
Procurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 29, 2016
In my area, not much variety. work can be monotonous. I need a good balance. Hardest part of the job is keeping interest;typical day is 8-5 and overtime is not allowed. Best part of job is stability and longevity of some employees.
horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 12, 2016
Franciscan dont care about there employees! Management is horrible and they have favoritism as well.There point system is ridiculous and you can forget about raises in there.
Pros
PTO
Cons
management, hr, poor raises

2.9