Franciscan Health System Employee Reviews

This used to be a great place to work.
Utilization Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 30, 2017
Many changes since FHS became part of CHI. Recently more changes since new CEO arrived. Not very "Franciscan" any more. It is a great job, great pay, great benefits, great co-workers.
Great working relationship and very productive
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 16, 2017
There is no discrimination at Franciscan Health System once and individual do his or her job professionally and according to the requirement of the company to meet the needs of it's clients.
Pros
Offer employees lot of benefits
Cons
Challenging and obligative
Happy Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 21, 2017
Franciscan Health System is a beautiful place to work, I really enjoy working at Franciscan great staff which was very freely to assist in helping you when needed.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Short breaks
Health Informatics (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 21, 2017
Good place to work. Work culture is find. Management is fine. Difficult to get technical assistance with IT related issues. Overall very positive experience.
Benefits
Very enjoyable workplace everyone worked well together
Financial Account Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 10, 2017
I stayed with the company for so many years because it was family oriented and although the workload was heavy it was a good atmosphere and management was better than other place of employments
Pros
Good pay, and co workers all worked well together
Cons
Sometimes working on a Saturday was required but not that often so it was tolerable
Registered Nurse; former employee
Dialysis RN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 18, 2017
Worked in a very difficult situation; the unit unmanaged and running rogue without upper management getting involved despite no unit based manager. Huge profits, yet staff reductions system wide making it difficult to do job (reduced unit clerks, CNA, dietary, lab, etc). Unable to get breaks. After 3 years of employment, it simply became unbearable to work as an RN with this company. A culture of frustration and poor standards.
Pros
Strong teams of nurses
Cons
Poor working conditions
Great people and culture of safety
Women's Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 4, 2017
Excellent values, living their mission, strong leadership, hard to advance unless you have a strong clinical background. Turning the ship in a very uncertain environment, making difficult decisions with incomplete data.
I loved working at Franciscan Health
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAOctober 7, 2016
This was the best job I ever had. I enjoyed my coworkers, management and the patient population. I worked in the ER as a Care manager. I also worked as an Inpatient Care manager. Both positions were very different but important and enjoyable positions.
Very busy, deadline driven organization
Secretary, Franciscan Receivables Management (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAJuly 21, 2016
Fun, busy environment; parent company of a hospital but the organization ended up dissolving the receivables department and laying off everyone. They did keep me but after giving birth I decided to stay home to raise my children.
Pros
Fast-paced organization
Cons
Was not successful
Great people and work environment
Department Support Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 6, 2015
Great people, and work environment. A great opportunity to learn, and work in medical services. Per-diem positions do not offer benefits.
Cons
Per-diem positions offer no benefits.
Work for low pay in a very chaotic atmosphere
nurse (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 5, 2015
This is a company that does not reflect its core values. Always short staffed. Expect very low wages and added work load. Very politically driven. Constant backstabbing amongst management and staff. Very poor communication. High school like atmosphere, in respects to behavior and maturity level of management and staff. Nurses are irresponsible and neglectful. Very little training offered, though staff is reprimanded for their lack of knowledge of CHI policies/procedures. Providers join in the chaos and gossip. Constant bickering amongst leaders/providers. Favoritism by management noted. Witnessed, several times, when groups would gang up on an individual to drive them to quit. These groups included staff/management/providers. I witnessed these events, and thankfully, I was fortunate enough to get out before I could experience what I saw happen to perfectly good employees.
Great learning enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TacomaOctober 5, 2015
Working in the ICU and PCU taught me a lot. I worked under professional RN's and was able to help assist in some life altering decisions. I was taught how to to EKG's and other Cardiac related tasks.
Great Place to Work
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 19, 2014
It was the first I.T. position I've had in an open-architecture environment. I really learned how to run a wide variety of systems.
flexibility and career advancement
RN outpatient hemodialysis (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WaSeptember 9, 2014
FHS is a large corporation so if you don't like one place you can move around and keep seniority and pay. They hire for all levels of jobs. The Doctors support nursing staff. There is room to advance from hospital floor work to whatever a person wants to do.

The staffing is better than most places because this is a non profit and they pay better than most. A lot of staff have been around for 40+ years.

The company is continually expanding especially in outpatient services. And they are very good to their patients. All patients are served regardless of ability to pay.

A typical day is spent with patient care mostly. The hardest part of the job is when managers change. The best part is all the friends I have made over the years.

Oh and they take new grads and ADNs, LPNs, and pay for schooling.
Patient Access
Patient Access Rep II (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAAugust 4, 2014
Interviewed patients in main admitting, emergency, and outpatient center to ensure correct personal and insurance information is on file. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendly and caring staff I spend the majority of my time with.
Pros
Shift Differentials
Cons
Patient Access Dept. Outsourced
Fhs
Lead Clinical Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 1, 2014
This job has continually morphed into several opportunities. Please review previous reviews.
FHS lives its mission, vision and values
Account Liaison Hospice and Palliative Care (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 6, 2014
The hospice team is dedicated to the work they do. Management could do better job at team development for employee engagement.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Managment is not into team development
Awful place to work at !!
Front office (Current Employee) –  TCFPA family med .May 5, 2014
TCFPA needs new Office Manager !!! You will have a lot of job duties assigned to you but will never get the pay u deserve..
This one changes rules, do's , don't do's , etc ..
Very un professional ..
No room for growth, upper management you never see , they will not help you , never get notice for a job well done ,
Co workers are great , Dr's are wonderful to work with ..

No Good raises ( .20$) in last couple of years
No Bonuses !!
CLEAN OUT MANAGMENET !!!!!
Pros
Free lunches, great co workers
Cons
Heath insurance, Pto, pay
An excellent corporation
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 13, 2014
Overall an excellent corporation. The work culture is very caring, with a balance of professionalism and ethics.
Pros
recognized your work
Cons
hours cut with little notice
Office setting
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 11, 2014
The employees are very nice and always helpful, all and all a nice place to work.