Franciscan Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Great people and work environment
Department Support Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 6, 2015
Great people, and work environment. A great opportunity to learn, and work in medical services. Per-diem positions do not offer benefits.
Cons
Per-diem positions offer no benefits.
Work for low pay in a very chaotic atmosphere
nurse (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 5, 2015
This is a company that does not reflect its core values. Always short staffed. Expect very low wages and added work load. Very politically driven. Constant backstabbing amongst management and staff. Very poor communication. High school like atmosphere, in respects to behavior and maturity level of management and staff. Nurses are irresponsible and neglectful. Very little training offered, though staff is reprimanded for their lack of knowledge of CHI policies/procedures. Providers join in the chaos and gossip. Constant bickering amongst leaders/providers. Favoritism by management noted. Witnessed, several times, when groups would gang up on an individual to drive them to quit. These groups included staff/management/providers. I witnessed these events, and thankfully, I was fortunate enough to get out before I could experience what I saw happen to perfectly good employees.
Great learning enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TacomaOctober 5, 2015
Working in the ICU and PCU taught me a lot. I worked under professional RN's and was able to help assist in some life altering decisions. I was taught how to to EKG's and other Cardiac related tasks.
Great Place to Work
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 19, 2014
It was the first I.T. position I've had in an open-architecture environment. I really learned how to run a wide variety of systems.
flexibility and career advancement
RN outpatient hemodialysis (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WaSeptember 9, 2014
FHS is a large corporation so if you don't like one place you can move around and keep seniority and pay. They hire for all levels of jobs. The Doctors support nursing staff. There is room to advance from hospital floor work to whatever a person wants to do.

The staffing is better than most places because this is a non profit and they pay better than most. A lot of staff have been around for 40+ years.

The company is continually expanding especially in outpatient services. And they are very good to their patients. All patients are served regardless of ability to pay.

A typical day is spent with patient care mostly. The hardest part of the job is when managers change. The best part is all the friends I have made over the years.

Oh and they take new grads and ADNs, LPNs, and pay for schooling.
Patient Access
Patient Access Rep II (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAAugust 4, 2014
Interviewed patients in main admitting, emergency, and outpatient center to ensure correct personal and insurance information is on file. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendly and caring staff I spend the majority of my time with.
Pros
shift differentials
Cons
patient access dept. outsourced
Fhs
Lead Clinical Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 1, 2014
This job has continually morphed into several opportunities. Please review previous reviews.
FHS lives its mission, vision and values
Account Liaison Hospice and Palliative Care (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 6, 2014
The hospice team is dedicated to the work they do. Management could do better job at team development for employee engagement.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
managment is not into team development
Awful place to work at !!
Front office (Current Employee) –  TCFPA family med .May 5, 2014
TCFPA needs new Office Manager !!! You will have a lot of job duties assigned to you but will never get the pay u deserve..
This one changes rules, do's , don't do's , etc ..
Very un professional ..
No room for growth, upper management you never see , they will not help you , never get notice for a job well done ,
Co workers are great , Dr's are wonderful to work with ..

No Good raises ( .20$) in last couple of years
No Bonuses !!
CLEAN OUT MANAGMENET !!!!!
Pros
free lunches, great co workers
Cons
heath insurance, pto, pay
An excellent corporation
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 13, 2014
Overall an excellent corporation. The work culture is very caring, with a balance of professionalism and ethics.
Pros
recognized your work
Cons
hours cut with little notice
Office setting
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 11, 2014
The employees are very nice and always helpful, all and all a nice place to work.
One of the worse hospital systems in Puget Sound
Previous staff (Former Employee) –  Federal WayMarch 4, 2014
Management plays favorites for the federal way branch. Make sure you kiss butt so you can secure advancements and whatever schedule or requests for days off you want. Management will ask for people to work overtime on holidays while they go for a 2 week vacation. Does not help out on emergency situations and expect staff to handle everything. I don't know about where you come from, but many of the hospitals I've worked at, managers are not too good for ANYTHING. Managers will do hands on work during emergencies and even take on patients.
Pros
overtime opportunities
Cons
absent management, favoritism, subpar benefits and pay
Laid back job, detail oreintated, team work.
Image Specialist/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 14, 2013
I loved this job and was upset my contract ended so quickly. Very detailed job, customer care.
Pros
flexable, created my own hours.
Cons
contract job
Growing health system recently purposes by CHI
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 9, 2013
Lots of changes back in the 90's. Company not as progressive as competition especially as it relates to IT.
unique application to security
Health care Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, Wa.November 4, 2013
Health care security is like no other application of physical security assets. it takes special skills and abilities to excel at it.
Pros
unique opportunities
Cons
politics
Caring, Compasionate, advanced in technology, great awesome place to work and heal spirtually.
Lead Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 1, 2013
My job varies from day to day. I enjoy this about my position. I never know what obstacles I will be thrown. I've learned a lot here where I currently work. I love our work ethics and our Misson, Vision and values.
Pros
faith based organization
Cons
we are always open, 24/7. no breaks.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Admission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 7, 2013
Works independently, meets deadlines, accomplish work on timely manner.
Patient admission skills.

Supportive management

Able to get along with co-workers and teamwork with coworkers

Dealing with uncooperative patients

Enjoy working with people.
Pros
good medical and retirement benefits
Cons
short breaks
Management Plays Favorites
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WaAugust 7, 2013
This company has really great core values. R.I.C.E. Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence. Too bad these things get lost in translation because as power trickles down the higher-ups are not aware of exactly how their managers are acting! They can be very unprofessional, rules do not apply to their favorites (this is coming from someone who was on the favorite list but it is sad and unfair to see that it is possible) Main advice: Don't get on the bad side of management. Do what you need to do to kiss butt or don't be concerned about being a favorite and take your chances of flying under the radar. Wages are very good here! That will have you trapped as it is hard to compare to the starting wage and union raises that you get so you end up sucked into the negative vortex that is this workplace! There is a union but to be honest they really only seem to protect the lazy, workers who seem to barely get by, doing the least possible, milking the clock and working the system and the rules set by management. It can be very frustrating to work for a company that you give 100% to and look around to see others get away with doing a fraction of what you do but get paid the same. Department supervisors sometimes manage people who get paid more than they do. Managers not available on weekends when there are emergencies or not enough staff to do the job. Constant turn over should be a hint to the upper management. Upper management should do more to value and respect those employees with lots of time with the company.
Pros
great wages & healthcare benefits
Cons
short staffed, high turnover, favoritisim, unsupportive management
Great Place to Work!
Security Officer - Photo ID Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 15, 2013
I really love working at FHS. I wish they were hiring in the field I have a degree in.
I have a standard office type job. Lots of data entry and a lot of great and supportive co-workers. My boss was able to get me a part time position so I could finish school with good grades. Once I was done I was able to come back full time. Not many places do that!
The team I work with is great. We all know our jobs and the key parts of each others jobs. We mesh real well and support each other to ensure the department works smoothly.
Everyday I try to learn something. Many times it is something small that is company related and sometimes it is something that changes my viewpoint about the world.
Customers are my source of purpose, for good or bad. I like to make their lives easier and do my best to fix the problems brought to my desk. They are the hardest part of my job and the best part of my job.
Pros
great environment, good benefits, flexibility, on site food services, location variety (lots of sites, ) job/department variety
Cons
specific certifications needed to do many jobs
Fun place to work
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 13, 2013
I worked as a float for a while then transfered to an in house job. working as a float was ok in the aspect that I went to different facilities to work. Although, at one point in time they had me working a facility 60 miles away for almost 2 wks straight, when there was another float that lived 10 miles from there, and he had to do the 60 miles to Tacoma to work. Overall though I did enjoy working there. The hrs were great and so was the pay.

2.7