Franciscan Health System

Franciscan Health System Employer Reviews

flexibility and career advancement
RN outpatient hemodialysis (Current Employee), Tacoma, WaSeptember 9, 2014
FHS is a large corporation so if you don't like one place you can move around and keep seniority and pay. They hire for all levels of jobs. The Doctors support nursing staff. There is room to advance from hospital floor work to whatever a person wants to do.

The staffing is better than most places because this is a non profit and they pay better than – more... most. A lot of staff have been around for 40+ years.

The company is continually expanding especially in outpatient services. And they are very good to their patients. All patients are served regardless of ability to pay.

A typical day is spent with patient care mostly. The hardest part of the job is when managers change. The best part is all the friends I have made over the years.

Oh and they take new grads and ADNs, LPNs, and pay for schooling. – less
Patient Access
Patient Access Rep II (Current Employee), Burien, WAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: shift differentials
Cons: patient access dept. outsourced
Interviewed patients in main admitting, emergency, and outpatient center to ensure correct personal and insurance information is on file. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendly and caring staff I spend the majority of my time with.
FHS
Lead Clinical Data Analyst II (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 1, 2014
This job has continually morphed into several opportunities. Please review previous reviews.
FHS lives its mission, vision and values
Account Liaison Hospice and Palliative Care (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 6, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: managment is not into team development
The hospice team is dedicated to the work they do. Management could do better job at team development for employee engagement.
Awful place to work at !!
Front office (Current Employee), TCFPA family med .May 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great co workers
Cons: heath insurance, pto, pay
TCFPA needs new Office Manager !!! You will have a lot of job duties assigned to you but will never get the pay u deserve..
This one changes rules, do's , don't do's , etc ..
Very un professional ..
No room for growth, upper management you never see , they will not help you , never get notice for a job well done ,
Co workers are great , Dr's are wonderful – more... to work with ..

No Good raises ( .20$) in last couple of years
No Bonuses !!
CLEAN OUT MANAGMENET !!!!! – less
An excellent corporation
Security Officer (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: recognized your work
Cons: hours cut with little notice
Overall an excellent corporation. The work culture is very caring, with a balance of professionalism and ethics.
Office setting
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 11, 2014
The employees are very nice and always helpful, all and all a nice place to work.
One of the worse hospital systems in Puget Sound
Previous staff (Former Employee), Federal WayMarch 4, 2014
Pros: overtime opportunities
Cons: absent management, favoritism, subpar benefits and pay
Management plays favorites for the federal way branch. Make sure you kiss butt so you can secure advancements and whatever schedule or requests for days off you want. Management will ask for people to work overtime on holidays while they go for a 2 week vacation. Does not help out on emergency situations and expect staff to handle everything. I don't – more... know about where you come from, but many of the hospitals I've worked at, managers are not too good for ANYTHING. Managers will do hands on work during emergencies and even take on patients. – less
Laid back job, detail oreintated, team work.
Image Specialist/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 14, 2013
Pros: flexable, created my own hours.
Cons: contract job
I loved this job and was upset my contract ended so quickly. Very detailed job, customer care.
Growing health system recently purposes by CHI
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 9, 2013
Lots of changes back in the 90's. Company not as progressive as competition especially as it relates to IT.
unique application to security
Health care Security Officer (Former Employee), Tacoma, Wa.November 4, 2013
Pros: unique opportunities
Cons: politics
Health care security is like no other application of physical security assets. it takes special skills and abilities to excel at it.
Caring, Compasionate, advanced in technology, great awesome place to work and heal spirtually.
Lead Health Information Specialist (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: faith based organization
Cons: we are always open, 24/7. no breaks.
My job varies from day to day. I enjoy this about my position. I never know what obstacles I will be thrown. I've learned a lot here where I currently work. I love our work ethics and our Misson, Vision and values.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Admission Specialist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: good medical and retirement benefits
Cons: short breaks
Works independently, meets deadlines, accomplish work on timely manner.
Patient admission skills.

Supportive management

Able to get along with co-workers and teamwork with coworkers

Dealing with uncooperative patients

Enjoy working with people.
Management Plays Favorites
Service Worker (Former Employee), Tacoma, WaAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great wages & healthcare benefits
Cons: short staffed, high turnover, favoritisim, unsupportive management
This company has really great core values. R.I.C.E. Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence. Too bad these things get lost in translation because as power trickles down the higher-ups are not aware of exactly how their managers are acting! They can be very unprofessional, rules do not apply to their favorites (this is coming from someone who was – more... on the favorite list but it is sad and unfair to see that it is possible) Main advice: Don't get on the bad side of management. Do what you need to do to kiss butt or don't be concerned about being a favorite and take your chances of flying under the radar. Wages are very good here! That will have you trapped as it is hard to compare to the starting wage and union raises that you get so you end up sucked into the negative vortex that is this workplace! There is a union but to be honest they really only seem to protect the lazy, workers who seem to barely get by, doing the least possible, milking the clock and working the system and the rules set by management. It can be very frustrating to work for a company that you give 100% to and look around to see others get away with doing a fraction of what you do but get paid the same. Department supervisors sometimes manage people who get paid more than they do. Managers not available on weekends when there are emergencies or not enough staff to do the job. Constant turn over should be a hint to the upper management. Upper management should do more to value and respect those employees with lots of time with the company. – less
Great Place to Work!
Security Officer - Photo ID Specialist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 15, 2013
Pros: great environment, good benefits, flexibility, on site food services, location variety (lots of sites, ) job/department variety
Cons: specific certifications needed to do many jobs
I really love working at FHS. I wish they were hiring in the field I have a degree in.
I have a standard office type job. Lots of data entry and a lot of great and supportive co-workers. My boss was able to get me a part time position so I could finish school with good grades. Once I was done I was able to come back full time. Not many places do that!
The – more... team I work with is great. We all know our jobs and the key parts of each others jobs. We mesh real well and support each other to ensure the department works smoothly.
Everyday I try to learn something. Many times it is something small that is company related and sometimes it is something that changes my viewpoint about the world.
Customers are my source of purpose, for good or bad. I like to make their lives easier and do my best to fix the problems brought to my desk. They are the hardest part of my job and the best part of my job. – less
Fun place to work
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 13, 2013
I worked as a float for a while then transfered to an in house job. working as a float was ok in the aspect that I went to different facilities to work. Although, at one point in time they had me working a facility 60 miles away for almost 2 wks straight, when there was another float that lived 10 miles from there, and he had to do the 60 miles to Tacoma – more... to work. Overall though I did enjoy working there. The hrs were great and so was the pay. – less
busy, challenging, and rewarding place to work
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: busy days
Cons: hard to get breaks on time
In this setting, things are always changing. Staff is supportive and helpful. Patients are pleasant, from new borns for geriatrics, we see about 100+ patients a day.
typical day at work
Clinical Data Analyst II (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 30, 2013
There is never time to get bored. You are constantly learning something new.
Multiple changes in the administration of this service line at the time of my hiring on which remained unresolved at the time I left this company
CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER-RN-CNN (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: unfilled core vales
FHS did not fulfill its values as a company that lived out its core values of integrity as demonstrated on several occasions by upper management.
Overall good place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 9, 2012
Very frequent staff changes so there are always jobs open. Only downfall is that management seems to do what they want for some employees but not others. Very good place to gain alot of experience.

September 28, 2012

If you are an employee there, can you suggest to them for all applicants when they present a job to make it aware ". Franciscan has implemented a policy of hiring only job applicants who are nicotine-free. As of March 1, 2011, nicotine will be added to list of substances screened for during the post-offer, pre-employment testing for all external job candidates offered employment. A positive test for nicotine, regardless of the source, will eliminate a job candidate from employment consideration. I acknowledge the above statement, and wish to proceed with submitting my application for consideration. I do not wish to proceed with submitting my application for consideration at this time, and understand I can choose to apply at a later time. It's truely a waste of people time to get half thru the application and to find this.

About Franciscan Health System

St. Francis himself may have hailed from Italy, but his followers look after the health of the residents of the South Puget Sound area – Read more