Franciscan Health System Employee Reviews

I loved working at Franciscan Health
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAOctober 7, 2016
This was the best job I ever had. I enjoyed my coworkers, management and the patient population. I worked in the ER as a Care manager. I also worked as an Inpatient Care manager. Both positions were very different but important and enjoyable positions.
Work for low pay in a very chaotic atmosphere
nurse (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 5, 2015
This is a company that does not reflect its core values. Always short staffed. Expect very low wages and added work load. Very politically driven. Constant backstabbing amongst management and staff. Very poor communication. High school like atmosphere, in respects to behavior and maturity level of management and staff. Nurses are irresponsible and neglectful. Very little training offered, though staff is reprimanded for their lack of knowledge of CHI policies/procedures. Providers join in the chaos and gossip. Constant bickering amongst leaders/providers. Favoritism by management noted. Witnessed, several times, when groups would gang up on an individual to drive them to quit. These groups included staff/management/providers. I witnessed these events, and thankfully, I was fortunate enough to get out before I could experience what I saw happen to perfectly good employees.
Great people and work environment
Department Support Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 6, 2015
Great people, and work environment. A great opportunity to learn, and work in medical services. Per-diem positions do not offer benefits.
Cons
Per-diem positions offer no benefits.
Great learning enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  TacomaOctober 5, 2015
Working in the ICU and PCU taught me a lot. I worked under professional RN's and was able to help assist in some life altering decisions. I was taught how to to EKG's and other Cardiac related tasks.
Awful place to work at !!
Front office (Current Employee) –  TCFPA family med .May 5, 2014
TCFPA needs new Office Manager !!! You will have a lot of job duties assigned to you but will never get the pay u deserve..
This one changes rules, do's , don't do's , etc ..
Very un professional ..
No room for growth, upper management you never see , they will not help you , never get notice for a job well done ,
Co workers are great , Dr's are wonderful to work with ..

No Good raises ( .20$) in last couple of years
No Bonuses !!
CLEAN OUT MANAGMENET !!!!!
Pros
Free lunches, great co workers
Cons
Heath insurance, PTO, pay
One of the worse hospital systems in Puget Sound
Previous staff (Former Employee) –  Federal WayMarch 4, 2014
Management plays favorites for the federal way branch. Make sure you kiss butt so you can secure advancements and whatever schedule or requests for days off you want. Management will ask for people to work overtime on holidays while they go for a 2 week vacation. Does not help out on emergency situations and expect staff to handle everything. I don't know about where you come from, but many of the hospitals I've worked at, managers are not too good for ANYTHING. Managers will do hands on work during emergencies and even take on patients.
Pros
Overtime opportunities
Cons
Absent management, favoritism, subpar benefits and pay
Fun place to work
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 13, 2013
I worked as a float for a while then transfered to an in house job. working as a float was ok in the aspect that I went to different facilities to work. Although, at one point in time they had me working a facility 60 miles away for almost 2 wks straight, when there was another float that lived 10 miles from there, and he had to do the 60 miles to Tacoma to work. Overall though I did enjoy working there. The hrs were great and so was the pay.
flexibility and career advancement
RN outpatient hemodialysis (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WaSeptember 9, 2014
FHS is a large corporation so if you don't like one place you can move around and keep seniority and pay. They hire for all levels of jobs. The Doctors support nursing staff. There is room to advance from hospital floor work to whatever a person wants to do.

The staffing is better than most places because this is a non profit and they pay better than most. A lot of staff have been around for 40+ years.

The company is continually expanding especially in outpatient services. And they are very good to their patients. All patients are served regardless of ability to pay.

A typical day is spent with patient care mostly. The hardest part of the job is when managers change. The best part is all the friends I have made over the years.

Oh and they take new grads and ADNs, LPNs, and pay for schooling.
Caring, Compasionate, advanced in technology, great awesome place to work and heal spirtually.
Lead Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 1, 2013
My job varies from day to day. I enjoy this about my position. I never know what obstacles I will be thrown. I've learned a lot here where I currently work. I love our work ethics and our Misson, Vision and values.
Pros
Faith Based organization
Cons
We are always open, 24/7. No breaks.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Admission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 7, 2013
Works independently, meets deadlines, accomplish work on timely manner.
Patient admission skills.

Supportive management

Able to get along with co-workers and teamwork with coworkers

Dealing with uncooperative patients

Enjoy working with people.
Pros
Good Medical and Retirement benefits
Cons
short breaks
Multiple changes in the administration of this service line at the time of my hiring on which remained unresolved at the time I left this company
CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER-RN-CNN (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 24, 2012
FHS did not fulfill its values as a company that lived out its core values of integrity as demonstrated on several occasions by upper management.
Pros
free parking
Cons
unfilled core vales
Patient Access
Patient Access Rep II (Current Employee) –  Burien, WAAugust 4, 2014
Interviewed patients in main admitting, emergency, and outpatient center to ensure correct personal and insurance information is on file. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendly and caring staff I spend the majority of my time with.
Pros
Shift Differentials
Cons
Patient Access Dept. Outsourced
FHS lives its mission, vision and values
Account Liaison Hospice and Palliative Care (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 6, 2014
The hospice team is dedicated to the work they do. Management could do better job at team development for employee engagement.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Managment is not into team development
busy, challenging, and rewarding place to work
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 18, 2013
In this setting, things are always changing. Staff is supportive and helpful. Patients are pleasant, from new borns for geriatrics, we see about 100+ patients a day.
Pros
busy days
Cons
hard to get breaks on time
Overall good place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 9, 2012
Very frequent staff changes so there are always jobs open. Only downfall is that management seems to do what they want for some employees but not others. Very good place to gain alot of experience.
unique application to security
Health care Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, Wa.November 4, 2013
Health care security is like no other application of physical security assets. it takes special skills and abilities to excel at it.
Pros
unique opportunities
Cons
politics
Great Place to Work!
Security Officer - Photo ID Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 15, 2013
I really love working at FHS. I wish they were hiring in the field I have a degree in.
I have a standard office type job. Lots of data entry and a lot of great and supportive co-workers. My boss was able to get me a part time position so I could finish school with good grades. Once I was done I was able to come back full time. Not many places do that!
The team I work with is great. We all know our jobs and the key parts of each others jobs. We mesh real well and support each other to ensure the department works smoothly.
Everyday I try to learn something. Many times it is something small that is company related and sometimes it is something that changes my viewpoint about the world.
Customers are my source of purpose, for good or bad. I like to make their lives easier and do my best to fix the problems brought to my desk. They are the hardest part of my job and the best part of my job.
Pros
great environment, good benefits, flexibility, on site food services, location variety (lots of sites, ) job/department variety
Cons
specific certifications needed to do many jobs
Laid back job, detail oreintated, team work.
Image Specialist/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 14, 2013
I loved this job and was upset my contract ended so quickly. Very detailed job, customer care.
Pros
flexable, created my own hours.
Cons
contract job
An excellent corporation
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 13, 2014
Overall an excellent corporation. The work culture is very caring, with a balance of professionalism and ethics.
Pros
recognized your work
Cons
hours cut with little notice
Quality Team environment
Financial Counselor/Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2012
Participate as team player for 100% committment and dedication to excellent work day.
Pros
independence
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7