Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Great staff
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2017
Great team environment. As one of the supervisors, I feel staff is respectful and adheres to policies and procedures. My favorite part is that we pray twice a day.
Doesn't exist anymore
NURSING ASSISTANT/PRECEPTOR/UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 17, 2017
Great family ran place to work. Owners work with you and care about what happens to you. Pay wasn't the best but other than that, wonderful place to work.
Great place!
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 14, 2017
I love working for Franciscan Hammond Clinic! They are understanding. They working with you on pressing situations. The staff and management are friendly.
productive workplace
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 8, 2017
a typical day at work is corresponding with insurance companies about providers effective dates. I learned how to maintain a caqh for the provider which is how insurance companies obtain information needed for the application. management was awesome. workplace culture was very diverse. the hardest part of the job was trying to confirm foreign providers educations from other countries. the most enjoyable part was understanding the knowledge needed to get a provider enrolled in each insurance company.
Pros
dressing casual on fridays to support riley
Cons
short lunches
cafe
cafe (Former Employee) –  cafeJanuary 27, 2017
management doesn't seem to worry when they lose employees, we keep losing more benefits, only concerned about at the bottom line, don't listen to staf
Pros
management
Cons
management
great rotation site
Studen (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2017
Very busy hospital with a large number of cases in which to learn from. Staff is very friendly and will ensure that you have plenty to do. Will perform nearly every different type of cardiac procedure and see some amazing procedures.
great place to work. great management
Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INJanuary 20, 2017
management values you. benefits and pay are good. you always get your lunch break. the leadership at the hospital does a good job of keeping you informed.
Pros
compensation for experience
Cons
not alot of room for advancement
The proper place to start for a new endeavor as a healthcare professional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJanuary 11, 2017
This facility has numerous speicalties and that is one of its main attributes. There are quite a few providers here that go above and beyond the call of duty for the patients. There are some that have very little idea as to what they are doing. I hope things have changed since my departure 3 years ago.

I dealt with management without management capabilities! The facility should choose their leadership carefully.
Pros
experience
Cons
floating
A faith based company dedicated to healthcare advancements.
Senior Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 5, 2017
This company was amazing to work for, deep in their faith and beliefs and carrying that on to both their employees and patients.
Great learning experience
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 8, 2016
Great benefits.

Great learning experience.

There is much room for advancement.

Hardest part of working is survival of the politics.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor upper management
Overall good place of employment
Medical Assistant, Back office team lead (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INNovember 29, 2016
Great learning experience. Never had a slow or dull day, there was always something new to learn. Co-workers work well as a team, and very good at giving a helping hand when in need. Always have room for advancement.
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2016
Supportive upper management, great opportunity for advancement, insurance/PTO benefits, continuing education opportunities, fast-paced environment, great team work. I loved my time here!
Fast paced work place, post of cash
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 1, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Great team I had to work with. The managers were always willing to help in any way they could weather it be more training. They wanted you to do well in your postion. Team leads always there even after training was over. I loved the over time that was offered.
Pros
great hours could change them quarterly if needed 7-3:30 was mine
Cons
1/2 lunch
High-paced job and stressful enviroment but rewarding when teaching moments for children occur
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INOctober 28, 2016
Most of the day revolves around the safety of the unit. The job requires the residential advisor to maintain focus and appropriate boundaries/interactions between the residents. Throughout the day, staff is required to do such tasks as individual sessions and group sessions, learning how to de-escalate the resident when times are stressful, and providing support to families. Usually, there will be 3 to 4 residential advisors working together. Majority of the time, everyone shares the work evenly. There is great teamwork throughout the shift and when times become stressful I know I can count on them to help me out. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a successful discharge from a resident and knowing that I helped take part in their success. The hardest part of the job is leaving the job at work. We get very helpless children, that have gone through many traumatic experiences and it is hard not to think about that aspect of the work we do on a daily basis while caring for them. Management has been ever-changing, so that has been difficult. Trying to get on the same page and keeping the flow of all three units is a challenge but over its a good place to work at. There are many lessons to learn and tools to place in the your toolbox when working here.
Pros
gain knowlege in this field, easy to make overtime, get PTO benefits, easy schedule
Cons
never get lunch breaks, burn out rate is high, possible injury from resident, high-stressed/paced environemnt, poor health benefits
Never had a problem
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 17, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Franciscan. I have always felt welcomed and have been given many opportunities to advance. Those in upper administrative positions are very accessible and approachable if you have concerns.
Pros
free parking
Cons
cafeteria food
Nice place to work some of the time
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Former Employee) –  Chesterton, INOctober 11, 2016
Your work day will be fine until you make a complaint about how you are being treated by other co-workers. Its best to get the EEO involved if the problem continues. It seems like they don't want to solve the co-worker issues.
Pros
free lunch
Hired and laid off within 6 weeks...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 7, 2016
The department I worked in was poorly managed. I was interviewed and hired by the employee's that worked in the department and didn't meet the manager until my first day. The manager was unaware of the department reorganization that underfoot and both of us were laid off on the same day. I left a permanent full-time position and that was taken under consideration when they offered me a generous severance package.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Communication is totally lacking.
Information Security Technologist
Information Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INSeptember 10, 2016
Does not follow disciplined process

Management does not follow procedures or enforce policy (even though part of job scope)

Personal relationships will trump operational security (buddy system)

Management for this particular team is not intrusive or active in daily routine unless senior management is involved

Majority of interaction is with people not qualified or unwilling to learn their job scope

No teaching, just thrown to wolves

Many Jobs are similar in local area - go there
Pros
Co-workers are good people and nice; management undermines their abilities
Cons
Team Members are not happy with QoL, High Turnover
This was a fast paced office that required attention to detail.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INSeptember 8, 2016
A typical work day was fast paced and could be hectic. I really enjoy working with the patients and helping them. The hardest part of the job was learning all the different medications.
Pros
free lunches, excellent benefits
Horrible management
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INSeptember 5, 2016
This company will do ANYTHING to save money. Managers think they're so perfect but really they ought to be flippin' burgers.

They pretend to be Catholic, but they don't truly care about their patients nor their employees. All they care about is their bloated egos. Do yourself a favor and RUN AWAY from these crooks
Pros
Cons
Unfair; favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8