Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Good Paying Job
Driver/Service Tech (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Very Stressful job, where they do not care about their workers, they only care about their jobs, and will not work with you on anything, good paying though
Epic roll out
Epic Analyst - Clinical Documentation (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJanuary 10, 2018
The manager, team leads and staff were very informative and accommodating. Focused on the task on hand and gave direction as to the process of approval of work by the Epic council. Everyone worked cohesively and assisted where needed.
stagnant
Lead RN (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJanuary 3, 2018
Compensation not comparable to similar companies. There is no regard for nursing education or advancement. Policies do not reflect current practices in the industry.
Boring, lonely work
Physician Office Navigator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INDecember 20, 2017
You sit in an office all day dealing with insurance without any face to face contact. Spend LOTs of time on the phone, attempting to reach a real person at the insurance company
Financial Account Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 20, 2017
Team work, monthly meetings with employees, Analyze authorations and pre-cert for procedures done at facilities.... Great benefits including dental, vision and 401K plan...
Pros
Acknowledge appreciation by free lunch twice a year
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
productive
Communications System Operator (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INDecember 16, 2017
answering phones and paging doctors. helping visitors and patients. most enjoyable part of the job is working with the volunteers. I learned how to use epic
the culture is compassionate management is fair the hardest part is seeing the very ill patients
benefits
Cons
low pay
Working night shift- very easy going and laid back. Busy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 10, 2017
The night starts out busy and you don’t have time to sit around. Making sure the patients needs are met. I’ve learned a lot of things as in taking vital signs. It can be very intense at times(dealing with out of control patients, unresponsive patients). The manager I have is amazing! They work with you as much as they can and will help out when needed! The only thing that is hard on me doing this job in a hospital setting is taking care of a patient that is nearing the end of life. It’s emotional, but you have to stay strong. I absolutely love meeting new people and being able to see the smile on their faces when they have recovered enough and get to go back home. !
Pros
Meeting new people and learning new and different things everyday!
Cons
Long hours and being away from kids, family for so many hrs at once.
Productive and fun working Environment
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 6, 2017
Great work environment friendly people work around it’s just not enough money for the position Everybody’s up going happy energetic absolutely love this place
Pros
Great place to work great people to work around
Cons
Not enough money
float
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 6, 2017
At this clinic I was a float, I liked working all the different clinics with this company. I learned a lot seeing how this was my first full-time clinic setting.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay
Great work until they suddenly close your dept
RN (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INNovember 30, 2017
If you’re ok with being let go at a moments notice this is the company for you. They close units and offices with little notification leaving people jobless.
The hospital needs immediate change starting with Administration and Management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INNovember 29, 2017
The hospital has a unique culture, and during this time in Healthcare, when everything is changing, the culture is difficult to change. Administration and Management do not listen, or hear, what is important to staff, especially when it comes to the safety of their patients.
Cons
Poor Benefits, Poor Management
Loyal Employer
Scheduling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emerson Ave, Greenwood INNovember 27, 2017
I enjoy working at St Francis Hospital. I had a great boss to ever work for. Enjoyed coming into work everyday. I don't have any complaints. I would work there again.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short Lunch breaks
Stressful work place
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 22, 2017
Management plays favorites. You get your schedule (which is only 2 weeks at a time) a few days before it goes into effect. You always work different shifts with different days off. They do not work around any schedules at all. You don’t get any breaks. Lack of communication and teamwork.
Pros
Working with a variety of people
Cons
No breaks; scheduling; management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 17, 2017
Great place to work and learn, availability of advancements and educational experiences. Great place as a employee and as a patient, great experience.
Many changes ongoing in the ED, but a nice group to work with: nurses, doctors and techs
Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILNovember 16, 2017
I enjoy the fast pace of the ED. I like that my mind remains engaged as each case is a new event, a new challenge. I feel that my skills, clinical assessments, and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team has been enhanced by working in the emergency department. I like the diversity in the age of the population, culture, and extent of injury and illness that presents in the ED.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule, thereby allowing for a nice balance in home life.
Cons
Upper managment has changed several times, which has led to inconsistencies as to how the ED should be managed.
Awesome
Service Excellence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 16, 2017
My working experience is great here at Franciscan Health. This is a very fast paced position that I am currently working. I have been with this company for over 19 years.
Family Oriented
Clinical Manager - Rehab Nursing Unit (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 14, 2017
I would still be working there, however there was a large hospital downsizing and I was let go. Good people and pleasant work environment. Professional and friendly.
Worked at a medical clinic with multiple locations
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Munster, INNovember 13, 2017
Supervision of multiple orthopedic and podiatry clinics with multiple providers preforming scheduling, billing, ordering of supplies and employee relations.
busy busy busy
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INNovember 11, 2017
enjoy the job. meet lots of people from the community. lots of overtime available. hard working with a lot of women. not every emergency is emergent.
Pros
lots down time
lots of conflicts and clicks including management!
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2017
Great hospital. Networks have extremely high turnover rate causing an opening or 2 or 3 at all time; therefore always overworked. I was bullied by other employees half my age and nothing was done about it!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
high turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9