Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work.
LAUNDRY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Mooresville,In.May 19, 2017
Processed soiled linen in the washers and dryers, returned clean linen to all locations.

Worked by myself in the Laundry, with little management.

I learned how much Linen we processed from each area and reported to the Manager if there were any problems in any areas.

Our department had a diversity of employees from different backgrounds and we got along well.

I like delivering clean linen back to the areas.
Pros
A Great Team of Employees.
Cons
Not getting soilen linen brought down from the patient areas.
Poorly staffed, overworked, and terrible raises
Emergency Room Technician III (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMay 12, 2017
Worked in ED as a medic full time. This campus got a new manager that is awful!! Never listens to employees, takes none of staff's suggestions to make things better, and never helps out when it's busy. She likes to leave by 3:00 everyday too. ED is severely understaffed, and because of said manager, most good employees are leaving. Abundance of new nurses makes for more strain on well trained techs and medics. We were ways forced to take nurse spot out in triage as well as falsely fill out logs and QC's that no one did. Raises are no more than $ .20-.30 per year. Insurance premiums are sky high. Many favorites there and quite a bit of favoritism with certain assistant managers letting some techs/nurses get away with slacking while others could never do enough! ER here used to be awesome, but saving money became more important than saving lives. Lots of equipment broken or missing. Lots of childish behavior; simply not worth the effort unless current manager tossed out like she deserves.
Pros
Coworkers become like family; a lot of smart attending to learn from
Cons
Terribly understaffed, awful manager, favoritism, poor pay
Lots of departments to meet new people.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2017
I loved working for Franciscan. I moved up from housekeeping. Meet a lot of awesome people and had great work experience. Great benefits and a lot of incentives.
A job with no real connection
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 2, 2017
Franciscan Healthcare Munster is a growing campus that looks to hire a large volume of people with the express interest of having to pay the lowest amount of benefits necessary. Although they say they are a Christian organization, they sure don't show it through their actions towards their employees.
Enjoyable place to work.
Director of Employee Assistance Program (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2017
St. Francis allowed me to grow in my professional pathway. They provided guidance and education along with a supportive environment that fed my desire to improve and learn.
I do have nothing to say
Group Leader Assistant in housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ilafayette indanaApril 26, 2017
I do not like how new management is running housekeeping department not enough employees it makes it hard on employees. I am a work group leader I work at nights I am over a group of people
Pros
You have to work 8hours
Cons
You have to work at lease 4hours to get a10min break
Very fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2017
You hit the ground running as soon as you walk through the door. I've learned you must learn to multi-task if you want to complete your job effectively, efficiently, and give quality time to your patients.
Pros
You get PTO time, benefits
Cons
They have a large turn over
Huge Hospital Chain
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INApril 19, 2017
This is a great organization to work for but the management in the customer service department is severely poor. The department at the CBO office in Hammond is not treated like adults and the direct supervisor is not very bright. The customer service department handles majority of patient bills so we take mostly stressful calls throughout the entire day. If you receive a degree while working with the company; you will not be compensated accordingly. Other than difficulties we have really great workers and astounding doctors who makes patients feel very comfortable in their time of need. My new role as an Insurance Verification Specialist will be less stressful and under better management.
Pros
Paid time off, simple tasks
Cons
Have to work 8hr 30min to cover lunch, no flexible schedules
Executive Assist/Informatic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 6, 2017
No complaints. Comfortable environment. Lots of employees. Room for advancement. Cross training always available if you are a willing candidate. People friendly with patient care.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Individual Demand
Don't think about it
RN Staff Nurse imcu (Former Employee) –  Dyer indianaMarch 30, 2017
Not enough cna's going over patient ratio constantly
Management not caring for patient safety
E mails from management and "the sisters" stating that we're not doing your best. How can you work when morals are low
Rumor is if you leave your on a do not hire list
Human Resources is very rude
Pros
Cons
Glad I left
Reputable healthcare facility
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at work would include the use of Epic database to log patient phone calls, results as well as patient e-mails using the my chart e-mail option available to patients so that they are able to view their labs from the privacy of their own home. Also included returning patient phone calls to those who are requesting lab results. Hardest part of the job was processing prescription refills for patients, which was overcome
Pros
lunches provided by drug reps who also provide product knowledge about different medications
Cons
Short term assignment
Very good hospital to work
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMarch 8, 2017
Great place to get a lot of experience. Hammond is a diverse community with a low socioeconomic population. Due to the location this hospital sees a wide variety of types of illnesses.
Pros
Lots of overtime available
Cons
Always short staffed, large staff turn over rates
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 7, 2017
I started working here in December at a new location that had recently opened. 4 people have left so far due to miscommunication and scheduling issues.
downsizing occurring
Certified Cardiolographic Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMarch 4, 2017
They are currently downsizing in preparation for the merging of the Chicago Heights and Olympia Fields campus'. Not scheduling anyone from Chicago Heights for more than the minimum hours. Not replacing any employee leaving a department.
Pros
Cons
management not trained in managing; not consistent department to department
Very family oriented
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Great job oportunities. Very easy to work for. Many locations.
Opportunities for advancement. Merit raises and cost of living raises annually. Average of 8-11 hours of PTO earned per 80 hours.
Great staff
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2017
Great team environment. As one of the supervisors, I feel staff is respectful and adheres to policies and procedures. My favorite part is that we pray twice a day.
Doesn't exist anymore
NURSING ASSISTANT/PRECEPTOR/UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 17, 2017
Great family ran place to work. Owners work with you and care about what happens to you. Pay wasn't the best but other than that, wonderful place to work.
Great place!
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 14, 2017
I love working for Franciscan Hammond Clinic! They are understanding. They working with you on pressing situations. The staff and management are friendly.
productive workplace
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 8, 2017
a typical day at work is corresponding with insurance companies about providers effective dates. I learned how to maintain a caqh for the provider which is how insurance companies obtain information needed for the application. management was awesome. workplace culture was very diverse. the hardest part of the job was trying to confirm foreign providers educations from other countries. the most enjoyable part was understanding the knowledge needed to get a provider enrolled in each insurance company.
Pros
dressing casual on fridays to support riley
Cons
short lunches
cafe
cafe (Former Employee) –  cafeJanuary 27, 2017
management doesn't seem to worry when they lose employees, we keep losing more benefits, only concerned about at the bottom line, don't listen to staf
Pros
management
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9