Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

I work with friendly staff
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 18, 2017
I work with friendly staff and have busy shift. The company is well run and always has the supplies you need. Co-workers are approachable when in need of answers or if you need help.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no overtime
Enjoyed working with the staff
Staff neurologist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 15, 2017
Good relaxed environment Friendly and helpful staff
Patient load was enough to work without too much pressure
Work was close to home
Reffer to other speacialties was easy as they had most of speacialties like orthopedic Rheumatologist Endocrinologist Radiologist etc
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere Not too far a commuter
Cons
Not many
Drink the Koolaid
Intern (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INAugust 10, 2017
You will learn a good deal from working with Franciscan Alliance.
The only cost is all of your opinions and ideas.
To work there you must "drink the Koolaid"
Franciscan Health
Medical Staff Coordinator (Medical Staff Office) (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 10, 2017
My experience as an employee at Franciscan Health was a very rewarding experience, as I learned a lot about my position from my co-workers and developed strong relationships with medical staff, allied health and other employees.
Franciscan
Franciscan Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 2, 2017
Franciscan is a well known cooperation. It can be fast pace and busy. As long as you are there to do your job and work fair, your life there will be good.
Toxic environment
OR Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 1, 2017
At the Carmel location. Too few staff members with not enough work to keep busy so they attack each other. Ineffective management who don't get things done. The doctors are great, though!
Fast paced
Franciscan Physician Network-Munster (Current Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 30, 2017
The office that I work in is a very busy office. Typically patient range is 85-160. Since this is a fast paced office the day goes pretty fast. We have no management in the office itself yet, and it would run smoother if there were one. I like the people I work with and we all work well together. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. Most of the patients are in pain and I love to make them laugh. If I can make one person laugh or smile during the day then I have reached a goal.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
over worked and underpaid
Great place to get some hospital experience
Emergency Room Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INJuly 26, 2017
It has been a great experience getting volunteer time. When I was looking for some experience it was a great way to get into the hospital and observe the procedures that were done.
Productive and enjoyable working with patients
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INJuly 25, 2017
Enjoy working with the great staff building relationships that last a life time.with Nurses and other Patient tech's. Typical day at work taking care of the patients getting them ready for their day of physical therapy, updating patient information in the system. The hardest part of the job was at the end of the shift after being on your feet all day your feet what to fall off. My most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my patients where well taken care off.
Pros
learning while on the job.
Cons
standing for hours without rest
fast paced focused environment, with you occassional laugh
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 21, 2017
My experience in pediatrics was quite enjoyable. Children are a blessing and deserve to be treated as such. I learned a lot about vaccines and the appropriate ages certain vaccines need to be administered.

The toughest part I regretfully have to admit was dealing with the parents. Although, I feel I always managed to handle each and every parent as well as I treated the children.
Pros
always being busy
Cons
not enough hours in the day for the children that needed to be seen
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INJuly 21, 2017
I love being a nurse and working for franciscan alliance st margrets health has opened many doors for me during my nursing carreer. I work in mental health and it is truly a passion of mine
Wonderful coworkers
Medical (Current Employee) –  Munster IndianaJuly 17, 2017
I love working for this Clinic. My coworkers are amazing and the doctors I work for have been wonderful. They say you'll never work a day in your life if you can do what you love and I really love what I do. On the downside the pay isn't the greatest and it's obvious the supervisors are overworked. Also the point system is not realistic it's like you get punished for being sick. But in spite of this I'd rather work here then somewhere where co-workers aren't a team.
Pros
No weekends, usually 8 - 5
Cons
Infrequent breaks low pay point system
The night shift nurses are a great help
PCN (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INJuly 11, 2017
I enjoy working here, I learn a lot and the nurses on my floor are extremely helpful My first job with benefits and it is great. The Franciscan values are something that I can follow and it is a very understanding place to work
Room patients, phones, messages
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 8, 2017
This location has very poor management. Long hours, unfriendly staff. High turn over for staff. Manager likes to blames others for her mistakes and when you go above to discuss problems they just turn it around to make it your fault. Some of the doctors are very rude and yell at you in front of patients. Not a good office to be in when all day long you here the staff complain about the office.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, long hours
Descent place to wirk
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 7, 2017
Descent place to work. Focus on job and personal goals for growth. This company is great for someone looking to retire from the corporate sector. Lots of changes.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor moral
Great Organization to Work for
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJuly 4, 2017
Working for Franciscan Health Crawfordsville has been a blessing. I have great colleagues and I am saddened to leave. But I am relocating to Florida soon.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJuly 3, 2017
Management (from my experience) was not trained in management techniques nor leadership. I felt as though there was always a lot of turnover in the higher ups. Also had bad experience with new HR staff. They were out to protect the company and not support their workers.
Pros
patients are wonderful, helping others
Cons
management, no room for advancement
Great Staff, not a fan of the corporate structure
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 3, 2017
Enjoyed working with the patients and staff. When the Franciscan's bought out the clinic, the corporate structure made it a less enjoyable work place. The culture appeared to be more about profit and less about patients.
Pros
Hardworking dedicated staff
Cons
Big corporate model
Productive and nice place to work
Infusion Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 29, 2017
Productive and nice place to work. I enjoy the activities and programs offered by this organization. I see myself working for this company over the next 10-15 years.
Pros
Activites
Cons
Compensation
Fast Paced Office
Service Excellence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2017
Our office took interpreting requests for all limited English and hearing impaired patients receiving services at the hospital and off site physician offices. We also handled all patient complaints/grievances.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9