Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 8, 2017
a typical day at work is corresponding with insurance companies about providers effective dates. I learned how to maintain a caqh for the provider which is how insurance companies obtain information needed for the application. management was awesome. workplace culture was very diverse. the hardest part of the job was trying to confirm foreign providers educations from other countries. the most enjoyable part was understanding the knowledge needed to get a provider enrolled in each insurance company.
Pros
dressing casual on fridays to support riley
Cons
short lunches
great place to work. great management
Occupational Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INJanuary 20, 2017
management values you. benefits and pay are good. you always get your lunch break. the leadership at the hospital does a good job of keeping you informed.
Pros
compensation for experience
Cons
not alot of room for advancement
Great learning experience
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 8, 2016
Great benefits.

Great learning experience.

There is much room for advancement.

Hardest part of working is survival of the politics.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor upper management
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2016
Supportive upper management, great opportunity for advancement, insurance/PTO benefits, continuing education opportunities, fast-paced environment, great team work. I loved my time here!
Keep looking
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2016
I have been here 5 years. In those five years my raises do not even equal $1.00. I work in a doctors office and my hours and erratic. I work 4 days a week and am constantly having to change my day off to satisfy everybody else. My manager is salary 80 hours a week and only works 3 days and leaves early one of those days. We have no one to go to for help. I call the regional manager and she never returns my calls. I left an ER job because I hated working nights to come here. But when you work anywhere from 9 - 12 hours a day and the pay is horrible I should have just stayed. If you don't have a family or any other commitments then I would recommend it.
Pros
close to home
Cons
PTO, point system, pay raises, no management
Good people
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 13, 2016
Depending on your department, you'll either love it or hate it. Great people most go out of their way to help visitors. Management is geared solely towards Medical Staff, however, all other departments needs and interest are secondary. Overall I'd say if you don't have to deal with HR you will enjoy working there, The benefits are top notch. Room for advancement in my department was limited, excellent place to start.
Pros
Benefits, Good people
Very family oriented
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Great job oportunities. Very easy to work for. Many locations.
Opportunities for advancement. Merit raises and cost of living raises annually. Average of 8-11 hours of PTO earned per 80 hours.
cafe
cafe (Former Employee) –  cafeJanuary 27, 2017
management doesn't seem to worry when they lose employees, we keep losing more benefits, only concerned about at the bottom line, don't listen to staf
Pros
management
Cons
management
The proper place to start for a new endeavor as a healthcare professional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJanuary 11, 2017
This facility has numerous speicalties and that is one of its main attributes. There are quite a few providers here that go above and beyond the call of duty for the patients. There are some that have very little idea as to what they are doing. I hope things have changed since my departure 3 years ago.

I dealt with management without management capabilities! The facility should choose their leadership carefully.
Pros
experience
Cons
floating
Nice environment to work in
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2016
Quiet environment to work in. Everyone is friendly and willing to work in a team effort. Limited opportunities for advancement. Pay increase does not reflect your efforts. One person can work extremely hard and the next employee does the absolute minimum and this does not impact pay increases. Pay increases are not linked to performance. Level of pay is not in line with other hospitals. This has been explained as Franciscan Alliance is not for profit.
Pros
Cons
Pay increases and pto time is minimal
Hired and laid off within 6 weeks...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 7, 2016
The department I worked in was poorly managed. I was interviewed and hired by the employee's that worked in the department and didn't meet the manager until my first day. The manager was unaware of the department reorganization that underfoot and both of us were laid off on the same day. I left a permanent full-time position and that was taken under consideration when they offered me a generous severance package.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Communication is totally lacking.
downsizing occurring
Certified Cardiolographic Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMarch 4, 2017
They are currently downsizing in preparation for the merging of the Chicago Heights and Olympia Fields campus'. Not scheduling anyone from Chicago Heights for more than the minimum hours. Not replacing any employee leaving a department.
Pros
Cons
management not trained in managing; not consistent department to department
Be expected to go above and beyond and not be compensated
Registers nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2016
One of the lowest payers for almost any job position except upper management. They expect excellence from their employees but fail to reciprocate. I don't mind working hard but I expect to be compensated appropriately. Also advancement is mostly if you know the right people and have pull, it is rarely based on experience or skill level. Insurance is ok but you are required to use their services within their system , and they exobiantly raise prices for their services. It is a shame, I can get an ultrasound for a third of what they charge, but I am required to use their services and pay three times the rate. There are some good and excellent employees in the system but as a whole they attract lower quality providers and staff due to low compensation rates. Oh yes, don't expect a relieved lunch break either.
Pros
Faith based
Cons
Unrelieved lunch breaks, lack of advancement
Information Security Technologist
Information Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INSeptember 10, 2016
Does not follow disciplined process

Management does not follow procedures or enforce policy (even though part of job scope)

Personal relationships will trump operational security (buddy system)

Management for this particular team is not intrusive or active in daily routine unless senior management is involved

Majority of interaction is with people not qualified or unwilling to learn their job scope

No teaching, just thrown to wolves

Many Jobs are similar in local area - go there
Pros
Co-workers are good people and nice; management undermines their abilities
Cons
Team Members are not happy with QoL, High Turnover
High-paced job and stressful enviroment but rewarding when teaching moments for children occur
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INOctober 28, 2016
Most of the day revolves around the safety of the unit. The job requires the residential advisor to maintain focus and appropriate boundaries/interactions between the residents. Throughout the day, staff is required to do such tasks as individual sessions and group sessions, learning how to de-escalate the resident when times are stressful, and providing support to families. Usually, there will be 3 to 4 residential advisors working together. Majority of the time, everyone shares the work evenly. There is great teamwork throughout the shift and when times become stressful I know I can count on them to help me out. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a successful discharge from a resident and knowing that I helped take part in their success. The hardest part of the job is leaving the job at work. We get very helpless children, that have gone through many traumatic experiences and it is hard not to think about that aspect of the work we do on a daily basis while caring for them. Management has been ever-changing, so that has been difficult. Trying to get on the same page and keeping the flow of all three units is a challenge but over its a good place to work at. There are many lessons to learn and tools to place in the your toolbox when working here.
Pros
gain knowlege in this field, easy to make overtime, get PTO benefits, easy schedule
Cons
never get lunch breaks, burn out rate is high, possible injury from resident, high-stressed/paced environemnt, poor health benefits
Supportive culture
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 14, 2016
I've been with the company in a few different roles over the past 4 years. The culture in the organization is very supportive. The pay and benefits may not be the greatest but it is by far the best place I have worked in.
Cons
benefits, pay
Great place!
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 14, 2017
I love working for Franciscan Hammond Clinic! They are understanding. They working with you on pressing situations. The staff and management are friendly.
Very busy unit
Nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  1701 south creasy lane lafayette indiana 47905August 25, 2016
I work on a very busy med/surg unit, it gets tiring. Management is nice and works well with people that are in school. However, there is no room for advancement as a nursing assistant.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Back aches
Average place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INApril 24, 2016
most upper management will turn a blind eye to problem staff, including their own peers. New blood is needed to breathe new life into this organization. Franciscan Alliance has the potential for greatness if they were ran like a "for profit" company and performed a little "house cleaning".
Most staff work well together to accomplish expected goals. Have seen team members pull together for the care of critically ill patients and perform life saving interventions quickly as well as smoothly. The staff that care for the patients are the heart and soul of the organization as well as those staff members that support the care givers.
Pros
PTO
Cons
compensation for support staff
Overall good place of employment
Medical Assistant, Back office team lead (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INNovember 29, 2016
Great learning experience. Never had a slow or dull day, there was always something new to learn. Co-workers work well as a team, and very good at giving a helping hand when in need. Always have room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8