Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work! The staff is very helpful to each other and the patients. The workload is acceptable and management was very fair to myself and others.
Departmental management and HR sucks
Supervisor of Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INSeptember 10, 2017
Departmental management and HR sucks
Departmental management don't care about you or the work you do if they don't like you your out
The sisters don't even let you tell your side of anything.
Some Catholic Hospital
Pros
pay was good
Cons
Departmental management and HR sucks
Relaxed fun plqce but lacks in pay
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 7, 2017
The management is great she loves her employees deeply but the pay is horrible. You are not paid for holidays. You are required to take off then you are required to use your PTO for those hrs they make you take off. If pay isn't really a factor for you then it's a great place to work.
it a small and quiet place to work and enjoy experience with the resident
Volunteer for activities (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 7, 2017
I have a good time working with the resident during activities time. The resident was participate in the activity each day. They are kind and very sweet. We all have fun and getting to know the resident a little everyday that build up to be a good relationship. These relationship me it easier for me to do activities with the residents.
The coworkers are judgmental. The residents are very lovely.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rensselaer, INSeptember 5, 2017
Typical day at work for me usually results in ether working with someone that has no experience on the floor, or staying over after my shift ends due to call offs. It is very fast pace most days, you hardly ever get a break. The staff talks about others in a rude manner behind peoples back. When I started there things were great at first, until I got a couple months in. Had issues with them paying me overtime, or cutting my paychecks down by quite a few hours.
Pros
Loved the residents.
Cons
Poor teamwork, not enough pay.
Stressfull with no certin future in the near future
Lead Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Olympia Fields, IlSeptember 4, 2017
Job has become very stressful due to new management.
Reorganizing The structure of staffing and works loads to promote failure. Benefits are ok and no real complaints there.
Pros
Company is investing in new equipment
Cons
Minimum staffing with heavy work loads
Stepping stone
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INAugust 27, 2017
I worked with this company for 5 yrs. There is a lot of women you work with so there will always be gossip. The job itself was organised and easy to do but very fast pace. Great benefits and the company will award you if you are a hard worker. The bad side of working here was taking vacation only because most of the time you had to use your personal vacation days if the doctor you are working for was off. So you either use a vacation day or choose not to get paid for the days you are forced to be off.
Benefits
Good for freelance
Medical Content Strategist (Current Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILAugust 22, 2017
Working as a freelancer gives good hours and help for writing. Job culture good and fine for free lance. Good management and good communications. Helpful when needed
Fast paced environment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILAugust 20, 2017
ER - fast paced, environment, work with all ages. Love the employees. Educate the patients is a priority. The staff hands down work well with each other.
Pros
Love the staff
I work with friendly staff
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 18, 2017
I work with friendly staff and have busy shift. The company is well run and always has the supplies you need. Co-workers are approachable when in need of answers or if you need help.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no overtime
Enjoyed working with the staff
Staff neurologist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 15, 2017
Good relaxed environment Friendly and helpful staff
Patient load was enough to work without too much pressure
Work was close to home
Reffer to other speacialties was easy as they had most of speacialties like orthopedic Rheumatologist Endocrinologist Radiologist etc
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere Not too far a commuter
Cons
Not many
Drink the Koolaid
Intern (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INAugust 10, 2017
You will learn a good deal from working with Franciscan Alliance.
The only cost is all of your opinions and ideas.
To work there you must "drink the Koolaid"
Franciscan Health
Medical Staff Coordinator (Medical Staff Office) (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 10, 2017
My experience as an employee at Franciscan Health was a very rewarding experience, as I learned a lot about my position from my co-workers and developed strong relationships with medical staff, allied health and other employees.
Franciscan
Franciscan Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 2, 2017
Franciscan is a well known cooperation. It can be fast pace and busy. As long as you are there to do your job and work fair, your life there will be good.
Toxic environment
OR Circulating Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 1, 2017
At the Carmel location. Too few staff members with not enough work to keep busy so they attack each other. Ineffective management who don't get things done. The doctors are great, though!
Fast paced
Franciscan Physician Network-Munster (Current Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 30, 2017
The office that I work in is a very busy office. Typically patient range is 85-160. Since this is a fast paced office the day goes pretty fast. We have no management in the office itself yet, and it would run smoother if there were one. I like the people I work with and we all work well together. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. Most of the patients are in pain and I love to make them laugh. If I can make one person laugh or smile during the day then I have reached a goal.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
over worked and underpaid
Great place to get some hospital experience
Emergency Room Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INJuly 26, 2017
It has been a great experience getting volunteer time. When I was looking for some experience it was a great way to get into the hospital and observe the procedures that were done.
Productive and enjoyable working with patients
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INJuly 25, 2017
Enjoy working with the great staff building relationships that last a life time.with Nurses and other Patient tech's. Typical day at work taking care of the patients getting them ready for their day of physical therapy, updating patient information in the system. The hardest part of the job was at the end of the shift after being on your feet all day your feet what to fall off. My most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my patients where well taken care off.
Pros
learning while on the job.
Cons
standing for hours without rest
fast paced focused environment, with you occassional laugh
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 21, 2017
My experience in pediatrics was quite enjoyable. Children are a blessing and deserve to be treated as such. I learned a lot about vaccines and the appropriate ages certain vaccines need to be administered.

The toughest part I regretfully have to admit was dealing with the parents. Although, I feel I always managed to handle each and every parent as well as I treated the children.
Pros
always being busy
Cons
not enough hours in the day for the children that needed to be seen
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INJuly 21, 2017
I love being a nurse and working for franciscan alliance st margrets health has opened many doors for me during my nursing carreer. I work in mental health and it is truly a passion of mine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9