Franciscan Health Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Office
Service Excellence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2017
Our office took interpreting requests for all limited English and hearing impaired patients receiving services at the hospital and off site physician offices. We also handled all patient complaints/grievances.
Productive Work Environment
Patient Access Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Munster, INJune 21, 2017
This place of employment creates an great atmosphere to work in the individuals that are employed have such an pleasant helping and hardworking attitude. Franciscan Alliance is one of the best working environments I have been apart of. Very Professional.
No job security but great people
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INJune 11, 2017
The biggest issue with this company is their complete lack of job security. I have worked with them for years at different locations and they always bring in consultants and fire large number of staff. In fact they have decreased staff too much on more then one occasion where they had to hire many of them back because there was not enough staff to do the jobs required.

In radiology we are so understaffed we cannot even fill all the shifts even with everyone working more than their required hours. We are very overworked with only 1 or 2 people covering In house patients, ER patients, an outpatient center, surgery, pain clinic and fluoro exams.

This is a bariatric center so if you cannot move 500+ pound patients with little to no help and no patient moving devices except a slide board, you don't want to work here.

The pay and benefits in this organization are substandard. I make 5 dollars less than I did 6 years ago at another organization. They refuse to hire people for full time and so we are mostly part time employees and therefore the benefits cost about 40% more than full time employees. As part time employees we don't get pensions, our PTO is accrued at as lesser rate and we don't get many of the perks full timers receive.

There are some very good points to this location (Dyer) as well. The coworkers are fantastic and a very fun place to work. The manager and director are the best I have ever had. They are not afraid to get their hands dirty and always help out when needed. They also will fight for you and not through you under the bus if
  more... something happens.

All in all this is a nice place to work if all you want is a part time job and you are not going to use their benefits. If you need full time employment or need good benefits look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
Great people and managment
Cons
under staffed, no job security, low pay
Fun & Family Oriented
Document Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 30, 2017
Great place to work! Very fun & family oriented. Love that the foundation is based on Christian morals & values.The main disadvantage is the salary. Not willing to give raises & Not willing to advance their own people to move up in the company.They would rather hire someone new than promote someone within the company and increase their pay.
Pace varied
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIMay 25, 2017
Most co workers were a pleasure to work with, I like not having to do the same thing every day, was no we're to advance unless you were close enough with supervisor to help you.
Very nice place to work.
LAUNDRY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Mooresville,In.May 19, 2017
Processed soiled linen in the washers and dryers, returned clean linen to all locations.

Worked by myself in the Laundry, with little management.

I learned how much Linen we processed from each area and reported to the Manager if there were any problems in any areas.

Our department had a diversity of employees from different backgrounds and we got along well.

I like delivering clean linen back to the areas.
Pros
A Great Team of Employees.
Cons
Not getting soilen linen brought down from the patient areas.
Poorly staffed, overworked, and terrible raises
Emergency Room Technician III (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMay 12, 2017
Worked in ED as a medic full time. This campus got a new manager that is awful!! Never listens to employees, takes none of staff's suggestions to make things better, and never helps out when it's busy. She likes to leave by 3:00 everyday too. ED is severely understaffed, and because of said manager, most good employees are leaving. Abundance of new nurses makes for more strain on well trained techs and medics. We were ways forced to take nurse spot out in triage as well as falsely fill out logs and QC's that no one did. Raises are no more than $ .20-.30 per year. Insurance premiums are sky high. Many favorites there and quite a bit of favoritism with certain assistant managers letting some techs/nurses get away with slacking while others could never do enough! ER here used to be awesome, but saving money became more important than saving lives. Lots of equipment broken or missing. Lots of childish behavior; simply not worth the effort unless current manager tossed out like she deserves.
Pros
Coworkers become like family; a lot of smart attending to learn from
Cons
Terribly understaffed, awful manager, favoritism, poor pay
Lots of departments to meet new people.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2017
I loved working for Franciscan. I moved up from housekeeping. Meet a lot of awesome people and had great work experience. Great benefits and a lot of incentives.
A job with no real connection
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 2, 2017
Franciscan Healthcare Munster is a growing campus that looks to hire a large volume of people with the express interest of having to pay the lowest amount of benefits necessary. Although they say they are a Christian organization, they sure don't show it through their actions towards their employees.
Enjoyable place to work.
Director of Employee Assistance Program (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2017
St. Francis allowed me to grow in my professional pathway. They provided guidance and education along with a supportive environment that fed my desire to improve and learn.
I do have nothing to say
Group Leader Assistant in housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ilafayette indanaApril 26, 2017
I do not like how new management is running housekeeping department not enough employees it makes it hard on employees. I am a work group leader I work at nights I am over a group of people
Pros
You have to work 8hours
Cons
You have to work at lease 4hours to get a10min break
Very fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2017
You hit the ground running as soon as you walk through the door. I've learned you must learn to multi-task if you want to complete your job effectively, efficiently, and give quality time to your patients.
Pros
You get PTO time, benefits
Cons
They have a large turn over
Huge Hospital Chain
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INApril 19, 2017
This is a great organization to work for but the management in the customer service department is severely poor. The department at the CBO office in Hammond is not treated like adults and the direct supervisor is not very bright. The customer service department handles majority of patient bills so we take mostly stressful calls throughout the entire day. If you receive a degree while working with the company; you will not be compensated accordingly. Other than difficulties we have really great workers and astounding doctors who makes patients feel very comfortable in their time of need. My new role as an Insurance Verification Specialist will be less stressful and under better management.
Pros
Paid time off, simple tasks
Cons
Have to work 8hr 30min to cover lunch, no flexible schedules
Executive Assist/Informatic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 6, 2017
No complaints. Comfortable environment. Lots of employees. Room for advancement. Cross training always available if you are a willing candidate. People friendly with patient care.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Individual Demand
Don't think about it
RN Staff Nurse imcu (Former Employee) –  Dyer indianaMarch 30, 2017
Not enough cna's going over patient ratio constantly
Management not caring for patient safety
E mails from management and "the sisters" stating that we're not doing your best. How can you work when morals are low
Rumor is if you leave your on a do not hire list
Human Resources is very rude
Pros
Cons
Glad I left
Reputable healthcare facility
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at work would include the use of Epic database to log patient phone calls, results as well as patient e-mails using the my chart e-mail option available to patients so that they are able to view their labs from the privacy of their own home. Also included returning patient phone calls to those who are requesting lab results. Hardest part of the job was processing prescription refills for patients, which was overcome
Pros
lunches provided by drug reps who also provide product knowledge about different medications
Cons
Short term assignment
Very good hospital to work
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMarch 8, 2017
Great place to get a lot of experience. Hammond is a diverse community with a low socioeconomic population. Due to the location this hospital sees a wide variety of types of illnesses.
Pros
Lots of overtime available
Cons
Always short staffed, large staff turn over rates
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 7, 2017
I started working here in December at a new location that had recently opened. 4 people have left so far due to miscommunication and scheduling issues.
downsizing occurring
Certified Cardiolographic Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMarch 4, 2017
They are currently downsizing in preparation for the merging of the Chicago Heights and Olympia Fields campus'. Not scheduling anyone from Chicago Heights for more than the minimum hours. Not replacing any employee leaving a department.
Pros
Cons
management not trained in managing; not consistent department to department
Very family oriented
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Great job oportunities. Very easy to work for. Many locations.
Opportunities for advancement. Merit raises and cost of living raises annually. Average of 8-11 hours of PTO earned per 80 hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franciscan Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9