Franciscan Hospital for Children Employee Reviews

Balanced
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2017
During a regular 8 hour shift my days consist of constant patrols of the facility, responding to any and all staff who need security assistance, writing incident reports based on a given situation, and interacting with different patients and their families in order to help accommodate any needs they may have. Due to great management I have learned the different aspects that come with being part of a healthcare security department as well as good leadership skills including but not limited to proper interaction with co-workers and hospital staff as well as the proper way to approach any incident based on the gravity of the situation. The workplace culture here is one that can be appreciated due to the fact that it is geared towards the care and advancement of our patients and their families. In my opinion, the hardest part of the job is seeing what some of our patients go through on a day to day basis regarding their health. The most enjoyable part is the appreciation that parents and staff show us for the work that we do making for an overall good working experience.
first nursing job
Staff nurse on pulmonary rehabilitation floor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAApril 4, 2017
great first nursing job. Gives you great experience with trach/ventilation. Helps you time manage. Lots of new things to learn. Good to start with chronically ill patients
Excellent job, you'll learn a LOT
Inpatient Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAFebruary 16, 2017
You will learn immense amounts about teamwork, meeting suffering people where they are at, harm reduction, and flexible, critical thinking.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Services and Catering Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 26, 2016
The people I worked with were the most compassionate I have ever seen when working with the children. The pride and decimation they had was outstanding
benefits
great community of people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAMay 20, 2016
Franciscan Hospital for Children is a great place to work. Not only because of the care it offers for adolescents and children but because of the community of people working behind the name. Every unit has a tight community of people who work together and help their unit grow as one.
Good starting Point
IS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to get you foot in the door when starting at a hospital. Great people to work with. co workers were also great to work with.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management
Fun environment that allows you to be yourself
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAOctober 15, 2015
My second home. Building bonds with patients that last a lifetime whether it benefits the well-being of the client, interpersonal skills, or professional growth.
My boss would give his staff flowers every other friday.
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MASeptember 2, 2015
My day would start off with the parents of the patient. That I found to very rewarding. Parents are very concern after all the child is having surgery. I learn how to be claim. Management I found to be very supportive. Co workers as a team. Asking for cash when insurance has denied the surgery. When a parent is so pleased the surgery went well and they thank you and thank you.
Pros
In the summer we would have cook outs.
Cons
Benefits not so great.
Caring faculty
Child Life Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJuly 15, 2015
Faculty was very friendly and show genuine care for the patients. Management was understanding and flexible when conflicts arose. Played with patients and helped to ensure they acted appropriately with me and other children.
Fun, great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMay 12, 2015
Busy environment, great co-workers. Most enjoyable part interacting with families. Patients range from pediatric to special-need adults so wide variety of experiences.
Rewarding Job
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 31, 2014
The hardest part of the job is also the most rewarding part of the job since it involves working with sick children.
Challenging
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2014
Excellent coworkers who understand the difficulty of daily situations and make working rewarding,.
Educational
Bike Coach (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2014
The kids always worked hard to learn how to ride the bikes. It was both fun and educational.
N/a
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  brighton, MaSeptember 30, 2013
A typical work day consisted of working with the children and catering to their needs. Medical paper work was a must. This involved filing, breaking down of medical charts, sending medical records to proper place, labeling, and other small tasks. I worked with one other mental health specialist and a nurse. The hardest part of the job was working nights. It was very quiet. The most enjoyable part was watching children progress and being discharged from the unit.
Great learning experience
Behavioral Residential Counselor and Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 27, 2013
Best learning experience in the ABA field. However because it is residential the hours are day, evening and weekend. This made it very difficult to have other commitments outside of work. The clients were very behaviorally intense, which made the experience very challenging but overall a great learning experience.
decent place to work
Certified and Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  brighton,maJanuary 19, 2013
filling and delivering of inpatient medications
IV mixing and compounding. Felt that my manager did not have an approachable way about her and even though she said she had an open door policy her door was always shut.