Franciscan Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great and caring workplace, but hard to climb the ladder without a degree.
Administrative Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 18, 2016
It was a great place to work with amazing benefits and a very caring team atmosphere. I learned tons of leadership skills and was provided with lots of management training opportunities. The management is very caring and has your best interest at heart, but to the HR department we are a number and unless your numbers line up you cannot be eligible for promotions. Although I had received more than the necessary training that they would send a newly recruited manager through and had the experience to back it up, I could not pass the HR screening even while having managers directly request to have me placed in a supervisory position under them.
Pros
Great training, great benefits, great hours, fair pay
Cons
Hard to climb the ladder.
Surgical Scheduler/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 28, 2015
This was a very a enjoyable job. I received a lot experience working front and back office. The management seemed like they truly cared about their employees and their growth with the organization.
Great place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 22, 2015
I like the way Franciscan really takes care of their employees. Great environment, facilities, benefits and wonderful people to work with.
It was short but sweet.
Physician and Professional Staff Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 8, 2015
I was only employed in this position for 6 weeks and was laid off due to a department restructuring. I was given a sizeable severance package - comparable to the employees who had been employed there for several years.
The doctors have to much power.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2015
Weak management who do not support there clinic employees. Doctors are rock stars who do not work within reasonable limits. High stress with low compensation
Appreciated for contribution
ARNP (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 15, 2014
Growing team of clinics and hospitals. Preparing for changing dynamic of healthcare by investing in infrastructure and personnel. Long range vision well expressed and national support system growing.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
high patient volume
Great place to work.
Clinic Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job were the patients and the team that I hired. I have always been good at hiring great people and building a good team environment.
I am still there
HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMarch 22, 2014
They care about their employees.

They want everyone to succeed in what the employee is doing.
Medical clinic with several Neuorolgy doctors
Medical Records/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 28, 2013
I communicated with patients and doctors regarding pertinent information for their upcoming appointment. I took care of chart prep which included diagnostic information, labs, ect. My co-workers all worked as a team to provide the best possible care to the patients. The hardest part of the job was transitioning to the electronic medical records. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning as much as I could from the doctors I worked with.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 18, 2013
Nice physicians to work with.
Not a great company to work for
Regional Business Office
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE SENIOR/LEAD (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 21, 2012
Challenging but rewarding job. FMG was a great place to work and this is a company that takes care of it's employees. The benefits associated with the job are tremendous and the work executed on a daily basis is unbelievable. I enjoyed my time working with FMG and would work for them again.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 18, 2012
This job kept me very busy. We would have set things to do each day and those things kept us busy until the very end of our shift. I never got bored and always had something to keep myself busy with. I enjoyed it very much.
Productive, Busy and steady workplace
Business Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 2, 2012
This job really taught me all there is to know about maintaining a receptionist type career. I learned everything from mail room to entering important finance data into workbooks in excel. The coworkers and managers were great people.

4.2