Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health

Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health Employer Reviews

Overall, in terms of St. Elizabeth, I would say that it was a positive environment in which to work.
Department Secretary, Cardiovascular Lab (Former Employee), Lafayette, INNovember 17, 2014
Pros: working with a bright and diverse group of people; good medical benefits; regular hours.
Cons: organizational restructuring, resulting in being laid off.
There was no one "typical day" at work, except in terms of dealing with patients, their families, techs, doctors, and other hospital departments. The constants, I have listed (see resume details,) as to processing appointments, providing support to the department, etc. I learned that compassion and confidentiality, as well as maintaining a calm, professional – more... attitude, was of paramount importance. My coworkers were, for the most part, outstanding in their ability to educate me about the needs of their jobs, and how to better assist them in patient flow and satisfaction. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the very highest level of energy in order to best serve both internal and external customers. Owing to the nature of the activities/tests being performed in our area, most incoming clients were in a higher than usual stress mode upon coming in. It was part and parcel of my job to help assuage fears and answer their questions, in concert with our techs and physicians, so as to maintain and exceed service expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was in getting positive feedback, in providing compassionate care and service, to all, to the best of my ability, and seeing others' lives improved, by our care. – less
mission and values
Operations Manager PT/OT (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJuly 30, 2014
Pros: work flexibility
I worked at this facility after graduation for 3+ years and left to pursue a management position at another hospital. Later, based upon my work record, I received a request to consider returning as department head . This I accepted in 1985. I have always conveyed that I had the pleasure of working with exceptionally experienced and competent clinicians – more... during my time with the organization. – less
Loved being a Cardiac Rehab nurse!
Cardiac Rehab Staff (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJuly 21, 2014
Pros: loved my job! great hours, great compensation, great people!
Cons: didn't get to work here long enough
I was thrilled to be returning to Cardiac Rehab after our unit in White County was closed. Unfortunately I was only able to be here one year before downsizing took out three of our staff.
LAB ASSISTANT III (Current Employee), Lafayette, INJune 22, 2014
The most enjoyable part is the people. I have learned a lot being there, The hardest part is the scheduling, Never Consistent. The pay is not comparable to the work.
Room for improvement
Medical Surgical Patient Care Intern (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 11, 2014
The culture is not what I look for in nursing at the time of my employment there. Good learning experience, but working with other nurses left a lot to be desired.
The managment will blame you for their mistakes.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), MooresvilleAugust 26, 2013
Pros: pto
Cons: everything else
When you are initially hired they will tell you that they are there to help, but they just want to place blame. Compensation is terrible, responsibilities are pilled on with no recognition, and management will blame you for all of their mistakes. You will be humiliated and it really is a hostile work environment. I wouldn't suggest anyone work there.
Love Working With the Staff
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Lafayette, INApril 23, 2013
The staff in my department are the best part of my day. I also love talking with the patients and visitors. It is a good feeling when you can do something nice for someone. We are all about customer service.
Love Working With Staff
Supervisor of Communications (Current Employee), Lafayette, INApril 23, 2013
My days are always different. I have various duties and one thing can change my plans for the day whether it is a staffing issue or an equipment issue. I love the people that I work with. We have a very good team.
Great opportunity for a nursing student
Patient Care Intern (Current Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no opportunity for growth
Through St. Elizabeth's I have been given the hands on experience with working with patients that helped me to do well as a nursing student. I learned that patients are very grateful when they are given the right care. I am given immense support by my supervisor and co-workers. I am disappointed that there is no position for me as an LPN on my unit. – more... I love taking care of the patients. – less
Not bad as a first job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 12, 2013
Low pay, high stress. Always felt under appreciated. Insurance was terrible. Atmosphere of blaming everyone else for problems that arise.
An organization founded on the Franciscan Values
Department Secretary (Current Employee), Michigan City, INJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: good values, great benefits
Cons: the vision and direction of the organization is not always clear.
I work in a very fast paced administrative office where I have new challenges every day. I enjoy my job overall and have learned a lot from my fantastic managers.

About Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health

When it comes to expertise in a large number of medical specialties, people in Lafayette know their hospitals are more than up – Read more