Franciscan University of Steubenville Employee Reviews

Custodial and Radio Lab Assistant
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 23, 2017
As a custodial at this university was fine. I also still work at the radio lab and I love it!

The reason why I chose to be a radio lab assistant is because I needed some experience as a communications major.
good college job
Sports Photographer (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 7, 2017
Great way to make a little extra money my senior year. I enjoyed getting the chance to use and hone my photography skills, and learning a little about lighting equipment/techniques. I especially enjoyed photographing the basketball games. My boss was kind and reasonable.
Pros
creative work, low key
Fun and Hard Work
Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHOctober 15, 2017
Working at Franciscan University was a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work. I got to pick what kind of project I worked on, so I wanted to do it well. Also the professor I was working under was awesome.
Great school
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at my university during my time as an undergraduate. They were good about working around my class schedule and understanding about work/life balance.
Amazing company to work for
Landscaping Team Member (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 28, 2017
I dont think i will ever have bosses this great again. I absoloutely loved working for the grounds crew on campus. I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Friendly and a healthy working spirit
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 3, 2017
Having the student job opportunity while studying at Franciscan university was certainly an integrating experience for me, not only that the university offered me the opportunity of alleviating my financial needs, but also it was an opportunity for me to develop a long-life-working spirit or skills. During that period I learnt how to use or operate so many machines which ordinarily I wouldn't have been
opportune to.

In addition, because of the nature of the work we did, which is mainly being of service to the people, we had the privilege of serving the community, sharing their friendly and appreciative comments. Most times people will come to you with smiles on their faces and gracious words on their lips, an indication of a heart full of joy and gratitude. Such moments were moments of great joy and job satisfaction for us, knowing that the community and those who visited the university at various times really enjoyed our services.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Temporary but enjoyable
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 1, 2017
Most days were filled with prioritizing and processing orders from professors and student groups. Other duties were needed to keep the office running during the school semester. It was interesting to learn the copy machine, binding machine, and managing the supplies. It was work study too. All the processors were willing to help and keep up with the work. The supervisor was very nice and gave space to get the work done. At certain times in the semester, the work was overwhelming but I learned to manage through it. My coworkers were all supportive and helpful.
It Pays to Be a Caller
Caller (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 23, 2017
Having been a caller for the Contact Center at the Franciscan University of Steubenville, I can definitely say that it was an excellent workplace environment with helpful supervisors and an incredibly compassionate and understanding manager. This job is not for everyone, however, since calling and asking people for money sometimes results in some pretty brutal rejection. But the experience is certainly worthwhile, and one can sharpen their communication and sales skills in this job.
Pros
Short work periods, easily understood demands, flexible hours, great management
Cons
Stressful for those who con't handle rejection well
College job
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 17, 2017
I attend Franciscan University and work a part time job. The college is a great liberal arts school. I balance full time classes with a part time job.
Good job that was both challenging and fun
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Field houseMay 3, 2017
I worked about 6-7 hrs a week after my classes were done for the day. My boss was straightforward and always came to check on my work to make sure everything was done well and that it looked good. The people I worked with were very nice, and we all were able to work well together, getting everything done but also having fun while doing it. The hardest part of the job was finding things to do. My boss didn't always tell me what had to be done, so I had to go look around and find things that needed to be done. In all I learned how to work hard and do a job well, but also have fun while doing it
Pros
Fun, Employer was very nice, people were great
Great work culture
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 9, 2017
My job at Franciscan University was actually an internship. I worked with my department head in an effort to streamline his research project and provide data for him.
Earn Money During the Semester!
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHFebruary 22, 2017
This only applies to students at FUS - there's not a whole lot to say. Students who participated in the SWOP were generally pleased with the work they did and who they worked for. Pay was modest but most of it was unskilled work. In particular, I was impressed with the leader of the Event Staff during my time - David Fatula.

Allow a personal anecdote about the time commitment: I was an education major. That was fairly time consuming, but nowhere near as tough as the Nursing Major. And yet, two nursing majors were student heads of the event staff team and were beloved by every coworker I knew.
Pros
Schedule and Supervisors
Cons
Availability of desired positions
Great environment and coworkers
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHFebruary 12, 2017
Job is great to do homework as well as gain experience in customer service. The manager of the lab assistants is wonderful. This is a job for students, but it works really well with classes, very flexible.
Employment
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 29, 2016
Management was very unprofessional. Coworkers were always in drama and very rude. Everything was so unorganzied!!! Would work up to 40 hours a week and I never received a check over $400!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
Great place to work and hang out
Pier Tutor (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 17, 2016
I was a tutor here for a few semesters.
The typical day involved meeting with a student where we decided and tutoring him/her on the what she did not know.
I loved that I learned alot about how other people think and what clicks for them.
The hardest part of the job was preparing things for the students.
The most enjoyable part was watching them improve over the semester.
SWAP Work Opportunity.
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJanuary 17, 2016
This work environment is good for college students. They are very flexible with the hours they give you and it is a great opportunity to learn new skills.
Although early and repetitive, FUS's Student Work Opportunity Program is Excellent
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJuly 17, 2015
While work every day may seem never ending, working with kind people is definitely a big bonus despite base pay, outmoded machines, and early hours. Managers and coworkers are willing to go out of their way if possible and assist you.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard to obtain
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 2, 2015
Led campus tours for prospective students and families explaining and answering questions about all aspects regarding the school and activities. Fun environment with nice coworkers and people who enjoyed what they did.
Great experience
Assistant Swim Coach (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHApril 3, 2015
Typical day would consist of running swim practice in the morning then work on future workouts for the team, to help them improve to be better swimmers. While working this job, I learned how to be patience working with various types of swimmers who came from different swimming backgrounds. My co-worker was very easy to work with and made the experience enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was being the only one working who had a solid background in swimming at the collegiate level. But what I loved most about the job was that I had the chance to share my knowledge and experience of a sport that I love to others to help them become better swimmers.
Great Place to Serve
Lecturer in French - FR (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHFebruary 9, 2015
The students are dedicated to excellence, which makes the job so enjoyable for the professor. While I was pursuing my PhD, this job was the breath of fresh air that kept me sane, hopeful and grounded.