Frank's International Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fast paced but compensated well
Laydown Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 16, 2017
Frank's is an interesting place to work. Then again the oil field in general is, I suppose. The pay was good when there was work. Work is dictated by national oil prices and fluctuates often. Management at my particular office was poor and cut every corner possible to make the most profit; sometimes at the expense of safety.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Little home/family/personal time, poor management
Pipe Welder, Stick Welder (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJune 30, 2017
Very productive and practice safety.. Welding different positions. great place to work and move up.They pay pretty well and have good benefits also. try them out
Frank's International, Rock Springs Wyoming
Office Manager's Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WY 82901June 13, 2017
Management downsized our location. Otherwise we had a low turn-around rate and dedicated employee staff. Administrative staff and payroll administrators were professional and respondent to the organizational reporting processes. Location management was easy to communicate with and understand job completion requirements. We prided ourselves with a high rate of productivity and safe environment.
Loved working for this company, wish they would not have closed doors iwould work for them again they were great to me.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 10, 2017
I would work for them again if I had a chance they were good to me. I wish oilfield never got slow because they had to close the doors at the company. I miss working for them.
Good
Electrical Engineer III (Contract Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 2, 2017
My only regret is that I would have joined the team sooner. That way I could have more time with the company. I would have felt more comfortable during that lay offs so that I could have "sweat it out."
Ongoing transitions
INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 2, 2017
Got lost finding its new identity. It went from a family oriented business to its executives wanting to convert it in a Chevron, Exxon, Shell type of Company.
Pros
Small
Cons
Lack of direction
Great benefits
Backpack Technician/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 3, 2017
Benefits are great and so is compensation. Management has changed over the years and has effected job security. Several lay offs in the last year.....
Pros
Benefits, Compensations
Cons
Job security
Lack of training, support and consideration
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 2, 2017
Lack of training, support and consideration to expectations, knowledge of equipment and personal/professional challenges. Focused on micro-management....
Pros
laid off
Cons
laid off
Challenging work environment - lots of opportunity
Ops (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm. There are lots of opportunities to take charge of challenges within the organization. Look for a senior executive to sponsor you.
work at Franks international
Production Drafter (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 17, 2017
This job was by far the best job I have had , very good work environment . Frank's International was a very good place for starting my career in the drafting and design field, very good at teaching you new people to help exceed goals.
The pay makes it worth it.
Thread Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 27, 2016
This job was a good job to work at for the pay. It wasn't really easy work but the pay made it worth it. This is a very big company but they lay off a lot of people.
Productive and exciting work place environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 14, 2016
Opening the shop, answering phones, taking job alerts for crews, entering invoices communication between other companies per e-mail and phone, time sheet corrections, dealing with vendors, ordering supplies needed for the shop and office. Created requisitions for purchase orders. Fax paperwork. Communicate with all employees daily on what is needed that day. I learned communication is very important in any job. The hardest part is when phones go down and there is no way to communicate. Most enjoyable part of my job was going to work daily and working with the people I worked with I loved the company and the people I worked with.
Pros
Being able to make my own schedule. They were very understanding.
Cons
There is nothing bad i can say about working there.
Productive work place
Machinist level III (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 10, 2016
I started at this company as a shop hand. In 3 months I was promoted to a manual mill machinist. I cut stabilizers on the mill. When we didn't have work on the mill, i prepped parts on the lathe. The job was a good job to learn from. The supervisors were really hard to work with. The hours where very long. We work 10 hours a day for 7 days. The next we worked 10 hours a day for 5 days.
Pros
They had great benefits
Cons
We had no breaks. Only an hour lunch.
Teamwork on getting job done
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Angola AfricaNovember 2, 2016
Planning ahead, checking equipment, knowing job task, operation ongong at time. Ck with clients and make sure nothing has changed in program. Make sure you have the correct poepole and tools for job task
Pros
planning
Cons
None at this time
Old company undergoing major changes
Managment (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 21, 2016
This company is over 78 years old but over the last few years is going though major changes. The company was privately owned by a great family for 75+ years before going public in 2013.The transition from private to public has impacted the company and its employees greatly. With the down turn in the market, the moral is very low. Upper Management are all individuals from other companies who do not understand the Frank's way or the values that made Frank's such a strong and successful company.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Corporate Managment
Engineering Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 15, 2016
Oilfield related very slow looking for a job not oilfield related. I would like a job doing cable installation I love trouble shooting and fixing problems.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Only work 40 hrs a week
Innovative Company with an 80 year history in the Oil & Gas industry
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2016
A global leader and provider of casing core services with respect to well construction and well integrity.

Average employee tenure was 20 years under the private ownership and leadership of Mr. Keith Mosing a 3rd generation family company.

Company decided to go public and the transition from private to public completely changed the rules of engagement under a new CEO & CFO. The wall street process eroded the previous employee tenured opportunity and family atmosphere which resulted in changing the company's overall culture.
Pros
Company Recognition & Brand Awareness
Cons
Training & Development
Initially was a fantastic place to work.
Finance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Frank's until the new senior leadership was put in place. New mgmt. was not familiar with this type of business and do not appear to be heading in the right direction.
really under paid
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 5, 2016
franks is a good oil field company but every one is under paid and they have favorites, its hard to get hired straight on unless u know someone I didn't I got lucky and go through with the temp service. they did not want to hire me on and I got laid off when the big layoffs came
MFG Lafayette
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 31, 2016
The people at Frank's are a good group of people. They are knowledgeable of the equipment they build. They are a family oriented co.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Early Hours