Frank's International Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Machinist level III (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 10, 2016
I started at this company as a shop hand. In 3 months I was promoted to a manual mill machinist. I cut stabilizers on the mill. When we didn't have work on the mill, i prepped parts on the lathe. The job was a good job to learn from. The supervisors were really hard to work with. The hours where very long. We work 10 hours a day for 7 days. The next we worked 10 hours a day for 5 days.
Pros
They had great benefits
Cons
We had no breaks. Only an hour lunch.
Engineering Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 15, 2016
Oilfield related very slow looking for a job not oilfield related. I would like a job doing cable installation I love trouble shooting and fixing problems.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Only work 40 hrs a week
Innovative Company with an 80 year history in the Oil & Gas industry
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2016
A global leader and provider of casing core services with respect to well construction and well integrity.

Average employee tenure was 20 years under the private ownership and leadership of Mr. Keith Mosing a 3rd generation family company.

Company decided to go public and the transition from private to public completely changed the rules of engagement under a new CEO & CFO. The wall street process eroded the previous employee tenured opportunity and family atmosphere which resulted in changing the company's overall culture.
Pros
Company Recognition & Brand Awareness
Cons
Training & Development
Old company undergoing major changes
Managment (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 21, 2016
This company is over 78 years old but over the last few years is going though major changes. The company was privately owned by a great family for 75+ years before going public in 2013.The transition from private to public has impacted the company and its employees greatly. With the down turn in the market, the moral is very low. Upper Management are all individuals from other companies who do not understand the Frank's way or the values that made Frank's such a strong and successful company.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Corporate Managment
Productive and exciting work place environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 14, 2016
Opening the shop, answering phones, taking job alerts for crews, entering invoices communication between other companies per e-mail and phone, time sheet corrections, dealing with vendors, ordering supplies needed for the shop and office. Created requisitions for purchase orders. Fax paperwork. Communicate with all employees daily on what is needed that day. I learned communication is very important in any job. The hardest part is when phones go down and there is no way to communicate. Most enjoyable part of my job was going to work daily and working with the people I worked with I loved the company and the people I worked with.
Pros
Being able to make my own schedule. They were very understanding.
Cons
There is nothing bad i can say about working there.
oilfield
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 21, 2016
This is an excellent competitive oilfield company with great benefits and a lot of job opportunities and room to grow within the company.
Great company with great managers.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAOctober 6, 2015
Frank's International is a great place to work for. Good managers and coaches. Good benefits. Until recently, they'll strived to retain all their employees but the recent drop in oil prices resulted in much loss of clients/orders thus forcing this great company to finally scale down its workforce.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great Company, Good Benefits, Nice Workers
Cons
Lots of Heat and Heavy Lifting.
Good 'ol boy middle management screwing the company
nobody (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJune 30, 2015
Skilled trades paid lower than anyone else in the industry bar none. Starting pay at other oilfield companies is higher than top pay at Frank's. Management looks out for themselves, not the people who fund their paychecks. Complaints are ignored. Very high turnover rate. The execs have no clue whats going on lower level but you get roadblocked by a buddy buddy system of middle management if you try to make it known. Almost everyone in a management position is somebodys relative or high school classmate, including the outside vendors, so just adds to the problem. Good luck getting a raise or position unless you fit the above description. No loyalty to their lower level employees, i.e., the working man at all. Management will put their phone on mute to scream at you for looking at your phone. 3 office personnel to one hand that actually makes the company money. OK benefits such as vacation and sick/personal time but nothing spectacular and definitely not worth all the extra b.s. you put up with.
Pros
I see a lot of people take a dump for 45 minutes in the a/c i guess thats a pro for them
Cons
Everything unless your the guy sitting on the toilet
Teamwork on getting job done
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Angola AfricaNovember 2, 2016
Planning ahead, checking equipment, knowing job task, operation ongong at time. Ck with clients and make sure nothing has changed in program. Make sure you have the correct poepole and tools for job task
Pros
planning
Cons
None at this time
really under paid
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 5, 2016
franks is a good oil field company but every one is under paid and they have favorites, its hard to get hired straight on unless u know someone I didn't I got lucky and go through with the temp service. they did not want to hire me on and I got laid off when the big layoffs came
Challenging work filled day
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 11, 2015
I worked 2 weeks on and 1 week off. I averaged 84-87 hrs per week. The company is well respected in the oil and gas industry. Great benefits and a very professional HR department. I learned as a dispatcher you have to deal with all types of attitudes and people. The job was stressful but enjoyable. Some days it seemed I managed an adult daycare. All in all it was a very satisfying career.
Pros
being in the oil and gas industry
Cons
Initially was a fantastic place to work.
Finance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Frank's until the new senior leadership was put in place. New mgmt. was not familiar with this type of business and do not appear to be heading in the right direction.
OK place to work
Shop Hand (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 11, 2016
Money is good, but no loyalty. Long hours, hard work, uniforms provided, never know from one day to next if you will have a job.
too corporate
OPERATIONS MANAGER/ SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  texasJune 18, 2015
Became too corporate and employees became a number not an asset to the company. The company did not care about the employee or their family just what money could be made
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor managerment
MFG Lafayette
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 31, 2016
The people at Frank's are a good group of people. They are knowledgeable of the equipment they build. They are a family oriented co.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Early Hours
Franks International
Stabber/ Tong Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Franks was the first company which introduce me to the oil filed. From the start I new it was a good company to start a new job which offered a lot of things down the road. frome the start as a floor hand to the end as a stabber/pusher. its a great company to work for and learn a whole diffrent type of work.
Recently IPO'd
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2014
Restructuring, high stress, segmented workforce, light on benefits, no structure. People are great, company has lots of potential with the right leaders.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
segmented work environment
Great company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Working for a great company who have people that lift you.
There is only one boss.
Individual commitment to a group effort-that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work,
good place to work
Pusher (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 28, 2016
enjoyed my time at franks and wish them the best in the future when the oilfield picks back up good group of hard working guys that are easy to work with
Pros
well paid
Cons
on call
Awesome Company, Friendly Atmosphere
Quality Control Inspector, Document Control (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 6, 2015
Frank's International is a great company to work for. Everyone here is extremely friendly and courteous. The atmosphere is positive and makes you want to come to work. A typical day is very busy. I handle a lot of confidential, detailed paperwork that has to scanned and filed in a timely fashion. I take pride in what I do and I love that I am relied on for different projects.
Pros
Everything is great! No complaints
Cons
The hours. I would love longer hours and the ability to work overtime!

2.9