A Raleigh area, NC based global specialist in product certifications and testing, seeks an experienced Product Safety Engineer to join their growing team. This is a key role which ensures product safety standards are met. In addition to working in one of the most advanced safety test labs in the world, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading manufacturers on new and unusual products such as wind turbines, water turbines, solar panels & inverters, advanced medical products, smart meters and other energy management devices, smart appliances. .
The Product Safety Engineer reviews products to UL, CSA, EN, IEC, ATEX and IECEX product safety standards, create clause by clause product evaluation reports, evaluate acceptability and document critical components, perform product testing, and create certification reports.
The qualified candidate will be detail oriented, diligent, and have an in-depth understanding of the requirements for products nationally and internationally with respect to safety and regulatory details.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Plan and manage all compliance work
- Monitor and perform product safety evaluation and testing
- Write and maintain the reports required to document regulatory compliance
- Work with other agencies and 3rd party test laboratories for the purposes of, obtaining testing and evaluation services, obtaining and maintaining product approvals and obtaining interpretations of regulatory requirements
- Provide compliance input to manufacturers during new product development (Pre-compliance),
In addition to a degree, you must detail 2+ years of experience specific to product safety compliance, where you have worked at a compliance test lab or a North American regulatory agency. ETL, UL, CSA, MET, TUV, etc, as well as:
- A working knowledge off all aspects of Product Safety Certifications.
- experience with Hazardous Location evaluations, including ATEX and IECEX, also familiarity with section 514 of the National Electrical Code, along with other Standards such as NFPQ30, 33, 496 and UL 60079 (UL1604) and others.
- Preferred experience with the SEMI S2 family of Standards, NFPA 79 and Machinery Directive.
- Preferred experience in harmonized standards such as 60601, 60950, 61010.
- Project management skills a plus
- Ability to interpret product functions by viewing drawings, schematics, and limited technical information
This is a direct hire opportunity, and client is willing to pay industry leading wage (including reloc.) to attract and retain a quality candidate. Many more details are available. If you or someone in your network may be interested, please email your resume for consideration.