Founded in 1993, Franklin American Mortgage Company is a privately-held mortgage banking firm headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee. One of the nation’s largest and fastest growing Mortgage companies, we strive to find talented, service oriented professionals committed to excellence for our traditional, values based, organization. Current opportunities include:
Correspondent Conventional Underwriter – Irving, TX
Overview: The Correspondent Lending Division of Franklin American Mortgage Company, located in the Las Colinas area of Irving, TX, is looking for a professional and experienced person to fill a Front Line Conventional Underwriter position. The Underwriter will underwrite all conventional and/or FHA loan products in accordance with the guidelines of the FAMC Correspondent Lending Division.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Underwriting authority up to $650,000 based on knowledge and experience. Underwriting
authority level is determined by the Underwriting Manager.
· Underwrite a minimum of 4-8 FHA and/or Conventional prior approval loans per day (additional
loans may be required based on volume) and maintain 24-48 hour turn time.
· Sign off all underwriting conditions requiring underwriter approval within 24 hours of receipt.
· Complete re-submissions within 24 hours of receipt of conditions.
· Perform post-purchase underwriting risk reviews on loans purchased, based on adverse
selection each month, as needed.
· Respond to correspondent customer calls related to FAMC loan products, underwriting
guidelines, loan scenarios, file status, etc.
· Perform pre-purchase Underwriting reviews of loans appearing on the FAMC “Watch List”, as
· Return all customer calls and emails within 1 hour on the same day as received.
· Must be proficient in automated underwriting systems including Fannie Mae’s Desktop
Underwriter and Freddie Mac’s Loan Prospector.
· Assist the Auditors to resolve any pre or post purchase issues as needed.
· Assist Underwriting Manager and Sr. Underwriter with additional tasks as needed.
What we need from you:
· 3-5 years of front end underwriting experience a must
· Current knowledge of all FAMC, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, DU and LP guidelines and policies.
· Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Must be proficient in automated underwriting systems including Fannie Mae’s Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac’s Loan Prospector
Why Franklin American for you?
· Salary commensurate with experience
· We offer comprehensive benefits including:
· Prescription Plan
· Disability Plans
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Bi-weekly pay
· 401(k) with company match
· Professional work environment and dress code
· Excellent technology support
· Solid company growth – opportunities for advancement
· Sorry – there is no relocation package available for this position
· We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters/agencies
Franklin American Mortgage is committed to providing consistent service and support, and is quickly becoming the preferred lender of choice for mortgage professionals throughout the industry. FAMC provides a host of diverse, flexible mortgage packages for customers with a variety of backgrounds and needs, and is committed to helping families and individuals achieve the dream of home ownership through its three divisions: retail, wholesale and correspondent.
For more information about the company and its services, please go to www.franklinamerican.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer