Founded in 1993, Franklin American Mortgage Company is a privately-held mortgage banking firm headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee. One of the nation’s largest and fastest growing Mortgage companies, we strive to find talented, service oriented professionals committed to excellence for our traditional, values based, organization. Current opportunities include:
Compliance Auditor/Analyst I – Franklin, TN
Overview: The Compliance Auditor is responsible for assisting the Compliance Audit Manager in conducting objective Audits of the various operations and controls operating within the firm, and to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. The incumbent will establish working relationships with key members of internal business units in an effort to complete the annual audit plan assigned by the Compliance Audit Manager.
- Develop, document and execute compliance audit test steps in partnership with more senior team members.
- Document work performed in accordance with compliance department policies and procedures.
- Identify and discuss audit findings with compliance team members and document exceptions. May recommend corrective actions.
- Assist in performing annual detailed risk assessments.
- Assist with the drafting of reports and key deliverables.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partner managers and staff.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
What we need from you:
- College degree required.
- 2 or more years experience in internal/external audit, mortgage compliance, or banking.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate with all levels of individuals both internal and external. Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Well organized, detail oriented, efficient and a self starter who can carry out assignments to completion.
- Ability to function independently & prioritize work. Ability to work under tight deadlines. Ability to successfully handle/ manage several tasks at one time.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office programs and various industry related software packages.
Why Franklin American for you?
- Salary commensurate with experience
- We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Prescription Plan
- Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Professional work environment and dress code
- On site workout facilities
- Excellent technology support
- Solid company growth – opportunities for advancement
Please list salary requirements in cover letter or resume
- Sorry – there is no relocation package available for this position
- We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters/agencies
Franklin American Mortgage is committed to providing consistent service and support, and is quickly becoming the preferred lender of choice for mortgage professionals throughout the industry. FAMC provides a host of diverse, flexible mortgage packages for customers with a variety of backgrounds and needs, and is committed to helping families and individuals achieve the dream of home ownership through its three divisions: retail, wholesale and correspondent.
For more information about the company and its services, please go to www.franklinamerican.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer