Founded in 1993, Franklin American Mortgage Company is a privately-held mortgage banking firm headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee. One of the nation’s largest and fastest growing Mortgage companies, we strive to find talented, service oriented professionals committed to excellence for our traditional, values based, organization. Current opportunities include:
Underwriter – Irving, TX
Overview: The Correspondent division of Franklin American Mortgage Company, located in the Las Colinas area of Irving, TX, is looking for an experienced individual to fill an Underwriter position. This position will perform post purchase underwriting reviews on selected conventional and/or FHA loan products, in accordance with the guidelines of the FAMC Correspondent Lending Division.
· Performing post-purchase underwriting risk reviews on loans purchased, based on adverse
selection each month.
· Preparing Correspondent Risk Reports each month based on completed post purchase risk
· Participating in monthly Correspondent Performance Reviews to communicate Significant
Findings from previous month’s risk review, as needed.
· Assisting with the History Pro and 12 month sale appraisal reviews, as needed.
· Assisting with pre-purchase Underwriting reviews of loans appearing on the FAMC “Watch List”,
· Reviewing Investor Post Purchase findings and EPDs reported by FAMC Loss Mitigation and write responses.
· Assisting the Investor Suspense group to resolve loan saleability issues.
· Assist the Auditors to resolve any pre-purchase issues, as needed
· Returning all customer calls and emails within 1 hour on the same day as received.
· Assisting Underwriting Manager and Sr. Underwriter with additional tasks, as needed.
What we need from you:
· Must be proficient in automated underwriting systems including Fannie Mae’s Desktop
Underwriter and Freddie Mac’s Loan Prospector.
· Maintain current knowledge of all FAMC, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, DU and LP guidelines
· Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why Franklin American for you?
· Salary commensurate with experience
· We offer comprehensive benefits including:
· Prescription Plan
· Disability Plans
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Bi-weekly pay
· 401(k) with company match
· Professional work environment and dress code
· Sorry – there is no relocation package available for this position
· We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters/agencies
Franklin American Mortgage is committed to providing consistent service and support, and is quickly becoming the preferred lender of choice for mortgage professionals throughout the industry. FAMC provides a host of diverse, flexible mortgage packages for customers with a variety of backgrounds and needs, and is committed to helping families and individuals achieve the dream of home ownership through its three divisions: retail, wholesale and correspondent.
For more information about the company and its services, please go to www.franklinamerican.com. Equal Opportunity Employer