Overview: Franklin American Mortgage Company is looking for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to fill a Retail Underwriter position in their Marlton, NJ office. This position is responsible for providing a loan decision based on an individual’s credit history, financial position, and strength of collateral. This person must have an extensive understanding of FAMC, FHA, VA, and RD guidelines. The ability to be approachable and manage work flow is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Complete, thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with FAMC, investor, FHA,VA, RD, and State Housing guidelines.
- Respond to post-closing, insuring, and audit reviews in a timely fashion.
- Communicate loan decision to appropriate parties both orally and/or in writing.
- Review and clear conditions.
- Complete all required data entry into FAMC loan tracking systems.
- Communicate to Loan Originator and Processor through calls or emails related to FAMC loan products, underwriting guidelines, loan scenarios, file statuses, etc.
- Work outside the standard work day, if required
- Other duties as assigned by management
What we need from you:
- Current working knowledge of FAMC, Fannie/Freddie, FHA/VA, RD, and State Housing guidelines, documents, and terminology.
- Must be proficient in automated underwriting systems including Fannie Mae’s Desktop Underwriter, Freddie Mac’s Loan Prospector, and Rural Development’s Guaranteed Underwriting System.
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Work efficiently in a team environment
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment with low-tolerance for error
- DE certification and/or SARS number required for Government Underwriters
Why Franklin American for you?
- Salary commensurate with experience
- We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Prescription Plan
- Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Professional work environment and dress code
- Solid company growth – opportunities for advancement
- Sorry – there is no relocation package available for this position
- We do not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters/agencies
Franklin American Mortgage is committed to providing consistent service and support, and is quickly becoming the preferred lender of choice for mortgage professionals throughout the industry. FAMC provides a host of diverse, flexible mortgage packages for customers with a variety of backgrounds and needs, and is committed to helping families and individuals achieve the dream of home ownership through its three divisions: retail, wholesale and correspondent.
For more information about the company and its services, please go to www.franklinamerican.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1994, Franklin American Mortgage Company (FAMC), a privately-held mortgage banking firm located in Franklin, Tennessee, is a...