Tradition, Professionalism, Excellence.
Founded in 1993, Franklin American Mortgage Company is a privately-held residential mortgage banking firm headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee. One of the nation’s largest and fastest growing Mortgage companies, we strive to find talented, service oriented professionals committed to excellence for our traditional, values based, organization.
Mortgage Account Manager Trainee – Columbus, Ohio
Overview: The Wholesale Lending Department of Franklin American Mortgage is seeking current or aspiring sales professionals to be part of our Franklin American Mortgage Academy – Wholesale Account Manager Training Program.
Whether you are an experienced sales expert looking for potential in a new industry or an entry-level professional starting your career in sales, we welcome you to apply to this position.
What we need from you: We are in search of enthusiastic, career-minded, self-motivated individuals for the position of Wholesale Account Manager to work in a professional business-to-business sales environment. You will develop and manage an account base under the direction of sales management with tremendous potential for income growth.
Preferred Competencies, Education and Experience
- Desire to work with an industry leader that will provide in-depth, hands on industry training.
- Self-motivated behavior and professional presence and appearance.
- Self-starter and team player with outstanding communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent presentation skills for both small and large audience.
- Strong analysis and judgment skills.
- Resourcefulness and excellent problem solving ability.
- College degree preferred.
- Prior sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office computer programs required.
The job: The Account Manager is responsible for identifying and soliciting prospective accounts, developing and maintaining loan production from an account base within a defined territory while providing a high level of customer service. Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Identifying and interviewing prospective accounts, conducting on-site inspections of prospective accounts’ premises, and reviewing necessary information required for account approval.
- Build strong relationships by maintaining frequent contact with account base to provide training, review performance and solicit new business.
- Assisting in development of new marketing materials; distribute materials to existing and prospective account base.
- Maintaining up-to-date database with accounts’ information.
- Monitoring pipeline of loans on a daily basis.
- Maintaining familiarity with regulatory and industry standards and requirements, including attending educational and industry seminars.
Why Franklin American for you? Franklin American Mortgage is a national residential mortgage lender offering Conventional, Jumbo and Government products. Franklin American Mortgage is the fourth largest underwriter of FHA loans and the ninth largest underwriter of VA loans nationally. Please visit www.whyfamcwholesale.com for more information.
Account Manager compensation is a commission based sales position with a very competitive base salary during the initial twelve month training period.
Competitive and comprehensive benefits include:
- Three Medical Plan options including Prescription Plan and one option with an HRA
- Two Dental Plan options
- Vision Coverage
- Medical and dependant Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Professional work environment and dress code
- Excellent technology support
- Solid company growth – opportunities for advancement
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in a seven week training program conducted in the Irving, TX facility. The program includes a combination of structured classroom and on-the-job learning with a focus on building an understanding of the mortgage industry, Franklin American products and services, operational infrastructure and sales skills.
- Training will be from January 27, 2014 - March 14, 2014 with anticipated assignment once training is completed.
- Temporary housing will be provided.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old and will be subject to a full background and credit check.
- Due to travel requirement within territory, must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Franklin American Mortgage is committed to providing consistent service and support, and is quickly becoming the preferred lender of choice for mortgage professionals throughout the industry. FAMC provides a host of diverse, flexible mortgage packages for customers with a variety of backgrounds and needs, and is committed to helping families and individuals achieve the dream of home ownership through its three divisions: retail, wholesale and correspondent.
For more information about the company and its services, please go to www.franklinamerican.com.
Franklin American Mortgage does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters/agencies
Equal Opportunity Employer