Franklin American Mortgage Company

Franklin American Mortgage Company Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Retail Loan Processor
Retail Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VASeptember 14, 2017
My boss was an exceptional man who knew how to keep the team revved up and us up to date. I enjoyed working with them tremendously. Good company to work for
would not work for them ever
Collateral/ Correspondence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 4, 2017
they didn't invest in the employee's personal growth to advance in other areas or other fields of the company. The work environment was like a hog-tied positions where if the liked you they made sure you didnt have to work.

need to be a fly on the wall to see what employees go through just to earn a pay
Work
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2017
It's just work. For me... this is just a job, you get here, get the work done and go home. Routine. Environment a little on the boring side - again, this IS a job.
Pros
Free occasional monthly lunches, have yearly Halloween contests, have yearly Christmas Contests, acknowledge birthdays
Cons
Sad break-rooms
Decent entry level position to gain experience in the field
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2017
Although I felt there was room for advancement in this company at one time, this changed with the department restructuring done earlier this year. I do not feel management is clear on how they would like to continue to grow this company and because of this, there has been a surge in employee turnover.
Government Underwriter Retail (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 29, 2017
Hours are 8-5pm across the board and everyone for the most part was cordial and helpful upon onboarding.

Was able to learn how to underwrite conventional loans as a majority of my career has been FHA and VA loans.
Great private company
INDEPENDENT LEASING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  out of homeJuly 24, 2017
My role with FAMC is as an independent consultant. I am not an employee of the company. This is a great, private, growing company with a positive work culture.
To much work for one person to handle on a daily basis
Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 6, 2017
This company understaff therefore employees are stressed every day. The hardest part of this job was too many loans coming in each day to keep up. There wasn't any enjoyable part of my job since I was always stressed. Management was not helpful at all.
This is not a place for minorities.
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2017
The intolerant VP & Underwriting Manager are bigots and lie to save non-productive employees. If you come to work, do you job well, they will lay you off. They will not take any complaints seriously against any employee if you are a minority. HR is a joke and if you file a complaint they will ignore it.
Pros
Cons
VP of Wholesale Operations and Wholesale Underwriting Manager
Family Environemnt
Lead Setup Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 15, 2017
Franklin American is a great company. Its a great place to work with family environment. I learned how to be a leader. Lead of team of 8 set-up coordinators.
Pros
Very good management
Cons
difficult to get a raise
Final Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 14, 2017
High energy level, great management and work team, expect to learn a lot at this company, excellent workplace, most enjoyable part of job is the work team, great team players.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
High stress leveled job
Mortgage Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 4, 2017
Management does not work together. There is often a power struggle between managers, always high tension in the office. Lots of production which is great if you are a fast paced person. If you are not then they may find you another position. This company does do A LOT of layoffs.
Pros
Always work to do, busy, fast paced inviroment
Cons
Lots of layoffs, bad management
Highly motivated environment-each employee encouraged to improve their position with talent and abilities.
Executive Assistant/Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 29, 2017
My 11+years at Franklin American Mortgage was never boring, filled with daily challenges that kept me alert to the changing environment of our society and that of the corporate world. I especially enjoyed knowing that my dedication and job performance assisted not only my boss, but I was able to positively contribute and share in the successes of the entire company. My efforts were recognized and rewarded quite often. There was never a time that I wasn't learning from my experiences and using my abilities to improve upon the lives of my co-workers, our customers and clients. The day I received the news that my position had been eliminated, due to corporate position realignment, was rather difficult. From this experience, I have learned to persevere and search for the next best job.
Pros
Ability to grow and make a difference for my company.
Cons
Time urgencies were sometimes intense.
fun place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 22, 2017
review loans check accounts making sure tax information is accurate before funding the loan. great environment overall to work at. My manger was cool and very understanding
Pros
feed us on all holidays
Cons
breaks and lunches were good to
Hectic and uncomfortable
Collateral Support II Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 8, 2017
Working here was very hectic and management had a tendency to place higher loads on hard workers and catering to those performing poorly. I wish that there had been more flexibility and understanding regarding work and personal life balance. Also, I wish there would have been equal distribution of the workload among employees.
Learn and grow
Senior Compliance Auditor/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 6, 2017
I started with this company before the TRID crossover. No proper training, info and updates passed over to whomever is on the "same page" and team of whomever is "LIKED".
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lies, lots of them
Great place to learn the basics
Collateral Reviewer, Data Support and Auditor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 14, 2016
I worked for FAMC for 4 years. I learned a lot about the mortgage world from them. Management did their jobs well by keeping everyone on task. I loved all my co-workers. They made my days so much fun. What I loved the most and miss is working in audit.
Pros
decent pay
Licensed MLO (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 23, 2016
Company is has a great family feel. Processors are great! Their loan software is amazing. They do need to add a bit more Jumbo products but overall they are awesome.
Pros
culture
Cons
jumbo and investment products
Not for retail
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 20, 2016
Franklin American may be a strong player in the wholesale mortgage lending industry, but they failed to grasp the retail side of the business - especially in the outlying regional areas away from their corporate center.
start up in Indiana
Licensed Mortgage Originator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2016
They do not follow through with agreements with staff. Make promises for advancement for staff and agreements with Real Estate companies but do not complete.
In need of new management structure
Correspondent Trainer Ii (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2016
There is a lot of managers dating their subordinates and a lot of favoritism. There is not a team atmosphere at all and the whole place is negative.
Cons
Mangement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin American Mortgage Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval