Franklin American Mortgage Company

Franklin American Mortgage Company Employee Reviews

repetitive days
auditor (Former Employee), irving, txJune 23, 2015
Very repetitive work days. Very poor upper management. Everything was self taught pretty much. No interaction between co-workers. Training provided was not useful.
Great workplace with terrific management and job security
Regional Loan Purchase Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TexasApril 9, 2015
Pros: management, quality of life
Cons: Feast or famine industry
Great culture and great people accompanied by unparalleled management. The hardest part of the job is the industry itself is feast or famine cut-throat
Good company
Customer Service Representative / Receptionist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 19, 2015
answer phones
order appraisals
order homeowners insurance
Great Company
Post-Close Mortgage Auditor (Former Employee), Irving TXFebruary 11, 2015
Franklin American was a great company to work for and had a comfortable work life balance.I would recommend this company to almost anyone that is willing to work hard and achieve goals as a team.
Mission statement and vision are NOT actual work environment at all
Correspondent, Retail and Wholesale (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits, decent pay.
Cons: poor management, poor hr and not supportive of employees- much turnover.
Mid management is unwilling to make critical business decisions due to popularity of certain individuals. The owner's vision is NOT being realized as a Christian founded company, the F bombs and gossiping and swearing are very prevalent- especially in salaried employees, I was very disappointed in this. The owner is no where near day to day operations and it shows in the lack of pride for the employees and some of the day to day work.
There are some great people working there but some very devious and undermined type activity goes on here as well. No projected business plans, projects are not budgeted so cost doesn't matter and there is waste left and right. Risk is of no importance to this company as they shrug any decisions that could impact corporate to the channels. Very disappointed in the overall work experience- it should not be this difficult to maintain ethics and morals but these have been waylaid on a day to day work environment.
HR is aware of trouble/issue individuals and chooses to do nothing about them. This is patterned behavior that happened time and time again. This company does NOT invest in their workers- very silo'd departmental work environment.
Great company and great people and ethics
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), West Wareham, MANovember 12, 2014
My management and coworkers worked together to provide the best customer service possible and to get the loans closed in a timely fashion.
This job is wonderful, but it was not for me.
Closing Docs Analyst (Former Employee), Franklin, TnOctober 3, 2014
Pros: stayed busy
Cons: long lunches
I faxed, emailed, scanned, and went over each and every document to make sure they were correct. I then took the incorrect docs, and called the title companies to get them corrected. I handled the insurance billing and other responsibilities as well.
Co workers- Great!
Hardest part of the job- Long lunches
The best part about this job was that I was able to stay busy. I kept myself busy, and I never had anyone breathing behind my neck. I was independent, yet accomplished quite a bit.
Amazing
Collateral Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2014
A typical work day is full of unexpected happenings. The time spent at work will go buy fast and quickly it just depends some days on the amount of work that you have. Although the people their are amazing and they will make you happy to come in. The manager on my floor was a good guy he was aware of everyones needs and expectations and he made it a point of his to try and accommodate everyone.
Conservative Corporate Culture
Pre-Purchase Underwriting Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2014
Although I enjoy the people I work with, this firm doesn't give me a sense that they are really invested in the workers.
Really enjoyed the people I worked with
CCR (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 1, 2014
I just think it is really important to enjoy your job and that includes the people that you work with. I had a wonderful, kind and compassionate boss who really cared about his clients and took the time to get to know them and try to find the best solution he could to help.
See below
Conventional Mortgage Underwriter III (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
Great co workers. Learned underwriting. No comment on anything else.
Trying to innovate
Staff (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 9, 2014
FAMC is trying to innovate but the process is disconnected and not as thought-out as could be. Overall good company that does good things. They can get caught up in paralysis by analysis.
Nice work environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 17, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: angry customers
A typical day at work would include helping customers understand why their mortgage had been sold to a larger institution.

I learned patience in this job as well. Most customers would be upset when I spoke with them. I had to make sure they understood their mortgage was still on good hands.
great place to work
Sr. DE Underwriter (Former Employee), Addison TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: location
Great IT group, wonderful management and great teamwork make this a wonderful place to work
Real Estate Mortgage Closer (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 25, 2014
Work flow steady, positive company,
learning va loans
Working overtime
Underwriting Coordinator
Underwriting Coordinator (Former Employee), Middleton, MAMarch 3, 2014
Great way to gain exposure to the mortgage industry, and all of the compliance involved.
Good place to learn
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Franklin, TNFebruary 24, 2014
Franklin American Mortgage Company provides an excellent place to learn about emerging technologies in the industry. A typical day at work usually revolved around working to maintain and better the virtualized Linux environment. The management drives much of the forward momentum that keeps FAMC on the cutting edge of technology for the mortgage industry from proprietary software to industry standards. The corporate culture at FAMC is one of personal responsibility and the IT Operations team reflects that core belief. With a strong sense of camaraderie and teamwork, my team and I handled major and minor outages as they occurred and worked to mitigate the effects of such outages. The hardest part of the job was staying ahead of the learning curve. With so many innovations being made, it could be overwhelming keeping up with all of the parts of a large, constantly evolving environment. The best parts of the job are the co-workers; the strong sense of team led to exceptional results for both personal achievements and for the business.
Great Company
Compliance Analyst III (Current Employee), Franklin, TNFebruary 13, 2014
FAMC is a family type atmosphere and they try to provide a good work/life balance. They also have great benefits.
Training information provided daily
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDFebruary 7, 2014
Although the company wanted to develop a marketing presence in the DC metropolitan area, the company did not want to engage in the programs in such areas to establish the business they wanted to engage in.
Sr Underwriter
Underwriter (Former Employee), UnderwriterJanuary 23, 2014
Work with mortgage loan originators to provide sound loan decisions. Coached and advised originators and processors on guidelines.
Headquarters