Franklin Electric Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work, calm, productive
Assembler / Tester (Current Employee) –  Gas City, INMay 31, 2016
typical day at work is good I go in at six-thirty work starts at seven and get off at three-thirty. I've learned how to make up different products and how to use the tools such as hanging drills hammer's and other tools. Management is good but they have had, a issue with not telling the workers when killing the work orders but they have gotten better at telling us. My co-workers are good workers very productive and they get the job done. The hardest part is standing for 8 1/2 hours. Most enjoyable part is seeing all of the co-workers laugh and joking.
Pros
good place to work, everyone is frindley, insurance is good
Cons
short breaks, pay isn't that great
Fast Paced
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INFebruary 16, 2016
I chose to get into a new field of work, when I started at Franklin Electric. I really enjoyed working for this company and learned a lot of new and exciting things. The hardest part of my day was leaving for the day. If they allowed it, I would work overtime. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I felt part of something big, producing a quality product..the feeling of accomplishing something. Being part of a team.
Pros
A great company to work for
Cons
Pay was low
Decent
General Assembler (Current Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 10, 2015
Job was great, Management plays favorites. If your not in the right crowd no chance of improvement. Other than that the work itself was enjoyable and kept me busy.
great work place
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2016
stock shelves,learned how to pull order for contractors,great management, great co-workers, hardest part of the job is move reels of wire,break time
Cons
Franklin electric no longer exists
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, AROctober 19, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. the work/life balance was excellent.The company sold out to mexico and no longer exists
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
no longer exists
Residential electrical company with fairly condensed employee base
Electrical Helper (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 3, 2014
They gave me my start in the trade and I got my basic knowledge in the electrical industry from them. A work day consisted of wiring residential homes, apartments and condos from the construction stage to the final stage of the dwellings. I learned the basic principles of electricity and how to pull and terminate wire, install electrical panels and breakers and final install devices and fixtures in them as well. Management was fair and stayed happy as long as yhe jobs got done on time. Co-workers were a variety of extremely energetic to others being more calm and down to earth. The jobs do require very physically demanding work and consistant hard work with long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was going back to the shop at the end of the day and unloading the van and relaxing for a minute with co-workers before going home.
Pros
easy to work with employees
Cons
hard work with long hours
It is mostly easy work.The benefits are good. Warm in the winter cool in the summer. Supervisors are easy to get along with.
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Gas City, INApril 19, 2015
They assemble circuit boards and switches. management is easy to work for.
Coworkers are generaly easy to get along with.
There isn't really any part of the job that is hard.In some parts of the factory there are heavy parts.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay
A steady place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Gas City, INJuly 6, 2013
A typical day at Franklin starts off easy because the work is predictable and steady. I learned how to work as a team and too solve problems as they arrive. The management at Franklin Electric are very nice to their employees, but there is some lack of communication between managers and employees. This lack of communication is nothing important or major, but it would be nice too be notified ahead of time before some changes are made. As with all places of work there are some people you can get along with and others that take more time and effort. The hardest part about my job is trying to keep up with demand on my production when demand is high. The most enjoyable part about my job is that it is for the most part a stable job, there are people I personally know, and it is not hard to get along with people. One last thing that makes my job enjoyable is knowing that what I am doing will help others with meager subsistence to continue living another day, and that I am the only person in the world...possibly, making a difference.
Pros
easy work
Cons
meager pay
Has many areas that you can advance into.
labor, assembler, operator (Former Employee) –  Gas City, INSeptember 11, 2013
See what need to get done for the day and in what order.
Always double check what you need is what you have and it is where you placed it.
Management has communication problems that each blames the other. Management also may blame an associate that is working on the floor if the need is there.
Co-workers are great for most part unless you get a job that they are wanting.
Hardest part of the job is to be friends with everyone, even the ones who don't like you.
The enjoyable part of the job is breaks where you can talk with your friends with out everyone in your business.
Pros
holidays they have carry-ins and have a bright idea program
Great benfits, poor work enviornment
Production Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARFebruary 9, 2015
Was always something to keep you busy. The gossip and backstabbing was the worst I have ever experienced. The benefits were great, decent pay with great healthcare, why most people stayed.
benefits
Cons
work enviornment
Productive and great environment to work in
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, INJuly 20, 2012
It is great to work in an environment that is friendly and keeps challenging your skills so you may become a better asset to the company. I love working with co-workers that are not just caring, but fun to be around. It makes the work day so much better with all the positive attitudes.
Pros
great benefits, eccentric co-workers, and an all around great environment.
Cons
none available
Material Handler Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 28, 2014
Enjoy working there. Good people to work with. I really like my position in shipping.
Good pay and benefits.
moving overseas
Final Pack, QA (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARMay 2, 2013
I worked at the plant in Siloam Springs and it shutdown and went to mexico, this town was crushed and all employees were not given a dime for severance pay. I was there for twenty years. So good luck working for them. But I guess every company is doing this.
Pros
roof
Cons
back stabbers
Great team player and enjoys challenges
Senior Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, INApril 10, 2012
A typical day consists of working with co-workers all around the global to solve accounting issues and prepare good financials for reporting to the public.
Pros
free coffee and flexibility for family.
Cons
a lot of tribal knowledge.
Productive & fun work enviroment
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2014
Meet at the shop load the van with the supplies needed for the day. Travel to worksite unload the van & start working, I learned how to do finals & run my own crew. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Pros
work hours
Cons
no lunches
Best job I have ever had
RPG Programmer (Former Employee) –  HomeJanuary 22, 2014
Challenging position, excellent supervisor, great people to work with, even got to travel to Izmir, Turkey for a week and a half.
Plant is closing in OKC