Franklin Pierce University Employee Reviews

Very good place to work and achieve growth and recognition
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 19, 2017
Wonderful place to work
Good working environment
knowledeable colleagues
Good management
Growth opportunities
Beautiful main campus
A find for students
Great opportunity but lack of respect from administration.
Glassblowing Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHJune 2, 2017
As the Senior glassblower at the studio i was responsible for opening the shop each day as well as tutoring students throughout the semester. i learned an immense amount about not only glass and how it works but how to better teach others how to blow. there was an extreme amount of independents with this job.
Fun and productive place to work
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rindge, NHApril 30, 2017
This is a fun job in which you would work with either a team or in the training room. The environment is fun and the athletes that we work with are all great people.
Ups and Downs
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHApril 9, 2017
I worked with many good people in this role. The environment was very respectful and I built many good relationships in this role both in and out of the University.

The senior administration of the University is not very good with the way they treat middle management.
Pros
people
Cons
senior administration
Great place to work and good benefits
Graduate Assistant - Institutional Advancement (Current Employee) –  Rindge, NHFebruary 27, 2017
Great place to work. Very flexible on your schedule and needs. Learned a lot as a graduate assistant in the institutional advancement department.
Typical day at school
Head manager (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHDecember 30, 2016
During my time at Franklin Pierce I have learned so much throughout the years such as actually working in an organization that gives feedback, rankings, and management roles.
Pros
The community and teachers
Cons
The water and food
Entry Level
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHJune 17, 2016
My time in the position was best described as Entry Level, It provides strong teachers and support structure for those looking to enter the field. The work, often easy, has complexity which the management and coworkers are very willing to help and assist.
Great University and Inspiring students
Art History Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Rindge, NHMay 22, 2016
Franklin Pierce is a wonderful and rewarding place to work as an instructor.The faculty is kind and helpful and always willing to work with you. The students are just brilliant and a joy to teach.
Great place to work and continue with self improvement/learning
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMarch 21, 2016
Working as a Graduate Assistant for Franklin Pierce University was a great experience. My typical days included assisting 1st year graduate students with questions about coursework, assisting in lab sessions, facilitating review sessions, and interacting with school faculty to assist in their daily tasks. I was able to gain a lot of experience in communication, teaching, and organization to perform my job duties.
Satisfactory work experience, lack of adequate hours.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rindge, NHDecember 6, 2015
Great work environment with high energy and positive employers/employees. Minimum wage of $7.25/hour is less than desirable with too little hours.
Great Place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Rindge, NHOctober 24, 2015
Wonderful cohorts, supportive institution, values its employees, both their skills and time. I very much enjoy working in the Natural Sciences department.
Great experience.
Asst Men's Varsity Hockey Coach (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHSeptember 23, 2015
This was a great way to stay close to the game I love and help develop young men into responsible adults with a sense of accountability. I worked hand in hand with my younger brother in recruiting, game preparation, and practice preparation.
Tutoring
Physics II Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHSeptember 2, 2015
Tutoring gave a lot back to myself. I enjoyed helping my peers succeed. I was also able to occasionally make my own hours.
Franklin Pierce
Athletic Photographer (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHMay 2, 2015
I was the photographer for home games at the university while attending. I have interpersonal skills from dealing with the audience and coaches during game time, editing skills from where I had to edit photos after a game and time management skills from working a work study job and going to school full time. I had to get jobs done as quickly as possible, so that photos could be used for the school website.
Rewarding experience as a tutor
Genetics Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHFebruary 17, 2015
While pay was very limited, I found the experience to be extremely enjoyable and rewarding. I enjoyed helping fellow students understand the complex lessons of Genetics and FPU trained me to become a better tutor and mentor of my peers.
Awesome work environment
Graduate Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHJanuary 8, 2015
The staff and higher ups are very helpful. I enjoyed every day of my time with the company. I would recommend anyone looking to develop skills to consider working here.
Women's Lacrosse Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHSeptember 4, 2014
My GA position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of coaching, recruiting, academics and administration. At FPU, my position plays both an integral role in our lacrosse program and has a direct effect on academic success. Aside from the obvious administrative type duties, I was responsible for the overall management, facilitation, and implementation of the Women’s Lacrosse Program’s success. Academic management was one part of my graduate assistant position here at FPU.

Being responsible for academic management has allowed me to learn the true importance of academic organization within a team. Without academic organization, a team will fall short of academic success. Our mission as a program is to maintain a cumulative GPA over 3.0. With a structured, supportive and organization academic plan, our student athletes will be able to achieve beyond what was imaginable. I have enjoyed seeing their successes in the classroom and look forward to what the future holds for my student athletes.

While coaching lacrosse was a big part of my position here at FPU, I also have enjoyed being responsible for administrative types of duties. These duties include: recruit management on Front Rush, preparing meal forms, organizing travel plans and organizing team film sessions. By working with administrative duties I have learned that there is a lot more to an athletic program than just the sport. To run a program, there must be strict organization and attentiveness to these administrative duties. Another thing I learned while attending to these duties is the importance of organization.
  more... Organization for a program is crucial for success but also important when working with the office manager. The office manager has complimented me on my organization skills and attentiveness to be structured.  less
Challenging
IT Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee) –  Rindge, NHAugust 29, 2014
Working in HigherEd is a challenge in general. Working in HigherEd at this point in time, for a small not for profit institution is another level of challenging. Financial constraints and limited staff made daily work busy but constant.
Some great people work their
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHJuly 18, 2014
Typical day - work on contracts, tuition exchange scholarship awards, schedule meetings and conferences, attend Strategic Planning meetings, take notes, sort and distribute mail, order office supplies, greet visitors, handle requests for Certificate of Insurance, handled insurance deductible for Explanation of Benefits for student related injuries, handled confidential information, manage Excel spreadsheets, type correspondence, send mass emails to Board of Trustees when needed - Ex: yearly Conflict of Interest Forms

I learned about tuition exchange scholarship awards.

There are different styles of management.

There is a diversity of people and personalities in the work place.

The hardest part of the job is coordinating people's schedules for meetings.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I helped contribute to the success of the department.
Pros
Paid college education and long winter/holiday break
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Difficult to advance
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Rindge, NHApril 3, 2014
This was my first job when I moved to New Hampshire. It came along at just the right time, and offered medical benefits when I needed them the most. However, the pay was rather difficult to deal with as it was less than twelve dollars and hour and the opportunity to advance in pay, rank, or shift were all completely non existent.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Lack of pay, lack of advancement