Franklin Pierce University

Franklin Pierce University Employer Reviews

Challenging
IT Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee), Rindge, NHAugust 29, 2014
Working in HigherEd is a challenge in general. Working in HigherEd at this point in time, for a small not for profit institution is another level of challenging. Financial constraints and limited staff made daily work busy but constant.
Some great people work their
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rindge, NHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: paid college education and long winter/holiday break
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
Typical day - work on contracts, tuition exchange scholarship awards, schedule meetings and conferences, attend Strategic Planning meetings, take notes, sort and distribute mail, order office supplies, greet visitors, handle requests for Certificate of Insurance, handled insurance deductible for Explanation of Benefits for student related injuries, – more... handled confidential information, manage Excel spreadsheets, type correspondence, send mass emails to Board of Trustees when needed - Ex: yearly Conflict of Interest Forms

I learned about tuition exchange scholarship awards.

There are different styles of management.

There is a diversity of people and personalities in the work place.

The hardest part of the job is coordinating people's schedules for meetings.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I helped contribute to the success of the department. – less
Difficult to advance
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee), Rindge, NHApril 3, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: lack of pay, lack of advancement
This was my first job when I moved to New Hampshire. It came along at just the right time, and offered medical benefits when I needed them the most. However, the pay was rather difficult to deal with as it was less than twelve dollars and hour and the opportunity to advance in pay, rank, or shift were all completely non existent.
Great Liberal Arts University
Student (Former Employee), Rindge, NHAugust 2, 2013
This University taught me everything I know. So thank you for a great time and a great education.
Board Op
Color announcer for field hockey games (Former Employee), Rindge, NHMarch 12, 2013
By working for the radio station at Franklin Pierce it helped me learn the basics of the studio. I learned how to set up the controls, board and switch it from a live show to commercial breaks. It also taught me how to announce on-air for sporting events which later helped me during my internship at Kiss 108.
Good people and fun work
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Rindge, NHFebruary 11, 2013
This particular job was fun for me. I met a lot of good people and learned a lot of new things. Management was a little shaky but the co-workers made up for it by providing a healthy work environment.
Overview
Office Assistant & Tour Guide (Former Employee), Rindge, NHOctober 15, 2012
Great opportunity to work while in school, lots of skill set development opportunities, great colleagues, and excellent support for career growth.
Good
Graduate Assistant - IT Specialist (Former Employee), Rindge, NHSeptember 6, 2012
Researching information for the Presidency and the Press, updating Mac/Windows computers, working in the radio room and carrying out the national emergency system test.

During my term as an IT Specialist, I learned how to effectively work with different people and personalities while managing time effectively.