Franklin Retail Solutions Employee Reviews

Company on Death Spiral
Sell Through Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2016
Changes in management and company culture have made FRS a mediocre retail service compnay. The expectations are that of a permanent employee position, but without the benefits, protections or compensation. Contractors are paid only for in store time. It is expected that contractors will spend significant personal time preparing, reporting and traveling. The 20K pay quoted is highly unlikely, even in a large metro area like Denver.
Pros
Nothing special about this company
Cons
Poor management communication, incompetent account managers, absolutely no respect for contract workers.
Flexible Position
Brand Rep and Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 26, 2016
This is a good part time, flexible job in the retail business that requires no weekends nor holidays. Management turnover high, I had three managers in 1.5 years. Hardest part of the job was the physicality of climbing ladders at stores.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Ladders
No support from Managment, you do this job on your own.
Sell through Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 6, 2015
I was with this company for almost 6 years. There is no support from management, just figure heads that sit behind a computer. You are the only 'eyes and ears' in the stores you service. If you ask for help, they act like you can not do the job. So, I performed the sets, using my own understanding of the industry. Pay for projects performed is less than federal minimum wage after you add in travel time and gas expense and then submitting reports. Submitting reports into the company is very time consuming. When I put pen to paper with what I was really making do this job it was less than $4 an hour. This company continues to lose accounts, so you then lose account and money. Not worth the time or effort. Very expensive lesson learned.
Pros
Somewhat fexible schedule
Cons
Not worth the time, pay is very low
Unrealistic expectations
Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview TexasSeptember 9, 2015
The company has no training except on a phone and your computer (at home). They throw you out there with the smallest amount of training possible and they have such high standards for the job you can't possibly meet them. The job itself is ridiculous such as having to hide every tag on every piece of clothing. You have to take before and after photos and which that have to have a time stamp. The time stamp better be the same hours later they want you to be in the store or they question it. If they see any tags visible they question it. This is a full time job they want to pay part time for. The pay is ridiculous considering how much gas you spend to get to the required stores. They don't pay milage at all. Over all a really poor company to work for and I would not recommend them to anyone!!
Pros
No management
Cons
No milage pay, no training, unrealistic expectations
Very pleasant to work for.
Independent Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 8, 2015
You really get what you put into this job. This company makes it easy to accept jobs in your area. fast paced you must be very professional and assertive.
No profit was possible after expenses for gasoline and tolls.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 3, 2012
The territory I was given, and the time alloted to the job to be performed were totally out of balance. It was not possible to complete the assignment properly in the specified time allowed. The territory was fifty square miles, frequently hours in store in one day were in excess of 10, plus reporting upon returning home. In my particular territory, there should be two part time reps or one full time rep - also, travel time was not paid, only estimated time, by Franklin Retail, in store was paid.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unpaid travel time, underestimated time to complete task properly, unreasonable territory size, should be a full time position, or two part time positions
Focused Management, Flexible Work/Life Balance, Growing Organization
Sr. Manager, Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 15, 2014
Daily interaction with colleagues in Boulder, CO home office as well as with remote based staff across the US. High energy organization striving to improve performance by frequent analysis of systems and procedures to ensure best in class service to clients.
Pros
Open and receptive communication - collaboration across all levels.
Cons
N/A
An up and coming company growing in the retail industry.
Independant Merchandiser/STS (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 6, 2014
I have enjoyed working with this company. They have stood behind everything I was told upon contracting with them. I feel the pay is fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin Retail Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3