Franklin Square Hospital Employee Reviews

A hospital with opportunity
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2017
This is the facility that gave me my start in sterile processing. learning the fundamentals of quality patient care. learning about the work flow of sterile processing, and the important roll that we play in quality patient care. building professionalism and learning how to work together as a team to meet departmental goals.
I expected more
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2017
I enjoyed working with my peers and with some of the doctors. The patients were nice. The lunches were only 30 minutes. upper management had trouble managing some of the staff and there was a big lack of communication.
Very busy
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2017
Very busy place to work, no room for growth and management isn't very supportive at times. A lot of micromanagement, and staff don't stay.
Pros
Commute
needs structure
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 6, 2017
The hosspital was going through changes and our company was caught up in the middle of politics. The food was good, the rooms were clean, the er was new and hi tech
N/a
Housekeeping Superviser (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 3, 2016
In all honesty, I prefer not to givee any input to this institution, So as not to soil public opinion of this institution credibility. My experience with dealing with them may not be a positive reflection on the overall company.
great enviroment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2016
warm welcoming as soon as you step in the doors, great employees and other staff , residents and families are nice and easy to work with , great communication among co workers
Exciting Job with Nice Co-workers
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2016
Responsible for setup and preparation of surgical instrumentation used during surgical procedures performed by surgeons in various hospitals; sterilization and wrapping instruments for autoclave operation; maintenance of sterile field, and transportation of patients to various areas of the hospital. This was where I took my training while I was in Surgical Tech school, and they hired me when I finished school. I loved this job! The most enjoyable part was assisting the surgeons by passing the instruments and anticipating what they needed before they asked. I learned that management appreciated when you did more than you were required to do. The hardest part was leaving when GOD called me to take care of the three kids that I adopted.
Great clean place to work
Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMay 19, 2016
Love working here everyone is very friendly and also there is teamwork. The hardest part is getting attached to patients and their family members.
nice place to work
NEURODIAGNOSTIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2016
FSH was a great place to work. Many of the employees stay for years and develop great working relationships with each other including staff from other departments. The best part of the job was working with patients and meeting their families, offering comfort and familiarizing them with procedures.
Pros
nice ICU, always improving facility
Cons
building renovations cost and seem to have caused job/pay cuts, some were pretty much forced to retire.
irritating workplace that feeds you
Dietary Server (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMarch 28, 2016
i like that they feed you on the job but there is not enough staff there are times when no one helps you and you could have more patients than the rest but you still have to fend for yourself
Pros
food during your shifts
Cons
not enough help when you need it
Fun and Productive
PART-TIME EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2016
Typical day at work is to provide information and good customer service to customers. Helping them seek excellent medical treatment. Providing different information on where they should seek the proper medical treatment.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Working to provide excellent customer service
Great people to work with.
Receptionist/Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2016
Everyone I came in contact with was more than willing to accommodate me with what I had a question about. Management was also on board with employees assisting with bettering us as a group in order to make us professionals.
Pros
Never hesitating to reward a job well done.
Interactive
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDDecember 16, 2015
The staffs were very interactive, and working effectively together. They allow nursing students to experience complicated nursing skills, allowing them to improve.
fast pace and productive
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2015
It need to have more equipment safety wise, but overall I enjoy the work environment. They should promote or arrange for people with potential to go to school and really help them advance!
Pros
The People
Cons
no advancemnet
kitchen
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDOctober 27, 2015
my typical day was a normal 12 hr shift went so well. working in the hospital I learned that you can change someones life which was a great feeling
Its Great working with People.
CERTIFIED SITTER /ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2015
I like working with People. Helping people and making people happy is my goal. Sometimes it hard because you dont have time to all you want too.
Pros
Work
Cons
Managers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2015
Handling patients’ related information including scheduling, appointments, insurance verification and authorizations.Responsible for front desk management including greeting patients, checking in and out.
good place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore,Md 21237June 16, 2015
I started at this hospital after graduating. I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience. unfortunately as years went along, skills were taken away from lpns because they were Lpns. Eventhough they had been permitted to do these functions in earlier years
nice
Student Nurse/Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2015
I completed several clinical rotations at this hospital and it is a lovely place to work. The hospital is easy to navigate
very motivated
Patient access associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2015
I work hard, I love to learn new things, I am people person, and I love being a team player people like to work here because they help with your own life problems such as helping you if you have family issues.
Pros
they work with you
Cons
no overtime