Franklin Square Hospital

Franklin Square Hospital Employer Reviews

fun for summer
help people out (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2014
I helped out who ever needed it and I volunteer once a week it a good excperie it taught me a lot
Exciting, busy and very customer service oriented environment in the bussiest ER in Maryland.
Patient Access (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2014
Pros: chance to make a difference.
Cons: sometime overwhelming when short staffed.
Great, regester, verify and create the patient's case file for incoming patients within the Medstar Franlin Square Hospital Center. Verify active insurance coverages, copay and any authorizations. Collect patient copays and scanned patients charts into the electronic files for each patient seen in the ER. Represented ER regestration on the redisign – more... committee for the ER. We are the bussiest hospital in Maryland and dealing with our patients keep the job interesting and exciting. – less
Workplace
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 12, 2014
I Loved Working For Franklian Square In The Summer If I Can Go Back I Would They People Is Great.
Rewarding
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: self rewarding
Cons: loss of patient
Provide assistance with ADL for patients. I enjoyed working and interacting with my coworkers the hardest part was having a patient expire on my shift.
extremely busy environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free parking, no on-call requirement
Cons: long commute, understaffed most of the time
I worked 12-hr night shifts and provided all aspects of respiratory care to patients of all ages, from newborns to geriatrics. I worked in NICU, ICU, ER, and pediatrics performing ventilatory management, airway management, blood gas sampling and analyis, and treatments to patients with respiratory illnesses.
productive work helping people
PATIENT ADVOCATE (Former Employee), Essex, MDNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: short breaks
medicare/Medicaid patient advocate; helped a great deal of people receive needed benefits.
Ideal Professional Environment
Health Administrator Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2013
Pros: internship
Cons: internship
This was internship experience, which was required for my BA in Health Administration major.
I learned how to manage the employees in Family practice.
Also, I learned what other responsibility does a director have.
A family-friendly environment
Manager, Environmental Services Department (Former Employee), Rosedale, MDOctober 17, 2013
I enjoyed my jobs at Franklin Square Hospital because I was constantly striving to do my best. I worked closely with all levels of employees in the organization. I worked diligently to meet the needs of the customers. I enjoyed building a good team environment.
ICU staff nurse
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Essex, MDSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: location
3-11 position-Worked frequently with friends, relatives & neighbors
No wonder it's called Franklin SCARE
Patient Access Associate Admitting and Discharge (Former Employee), ROSEDALE, MDAugust 17, 2013
Pros: parking was up front and center for me, only because i have a handicap tag.
Cons: understaffed, favoritism, poor management and communication, horrible treatment of underprivileged patients.
I worked here for almost 2 years and it was the worst 2 years of my life. I developed a permanent illness just one month after starting at Franklin Square and had to go on intermittent FMLA. They seemed as if they were genuinely concerned for my well being at first, after all it IS a hospital and they are supposed to be in this line of work to help – more... those who are sick. WRONG! The management are a bunch of rude, back stabbing, two faced, uncaring people. Before I got sick, I was a star employee and received two raises in the first month! After I got sick, they started writing me up for bogus issues that NEVER occurred and made my life a living hell! They then fired me abruptly and have turned my life upside down! I now am faced with a permanent illness, no healthcare and have had to file for bankruptcy and may be losing my car! They have fought against me getting unemployment and even though I received it for 3 months, I now have been penalized because they appealed and owe $3,000 back to unemployment! I have applied for 37 jobs since being fired and have not had one call for so much as an interview and I have extensive medical field experience that dates back almost 10 years! I am now hearing horror stories from other former employees that Franklin Square and MedStar can and will "black list" you if they fire you, making it difficult to get a job anywhere! Do not work for this hospital! I do not know if all MedStar facilities are like this but they used and abused me and really damaged my reputation and faith in the common good of people. I'm not one to write reviews on anything or go after those who had wronged me, as I believe that everyone will receive judgement and be given punishment or reward at the pearly gates, however I am filing a lawsuit for wrongful termination and have filed a complaint with EEOC because of the extensive damage that they have caused to my life. – less
fun working with people
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2013
I really enjoyed the teamwork aspect of all my jobs. I learned that I was a part of a team . The management was effective. My co workers were great. the hardest part of the job was trying to help combative patients.
Productive Envirnment/Fast Paced at times
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Rosedale, MDJuly 19, 2013
Pros: always busy /productive
Cons: can be required to work extra shifts on short notice
Registered patients for OB appointment
Scheduled Pre Op appointments
Verified Insurance Plans
Prepared lab requisitions
overworked, terrible management.
dietary (Former Employee), dietary departmentMarch 29, 2013
Pros: coworkers, benefits
Cons: everything else
I worked in dietary several years before being fired. I was certified as a CNA but was unable to advance because of departmental interference.

As a dietary worker, expect to be on your feet actively walking with tops a thirty minute lunch break during a 12 hour shift. Your break will be interrupted with phone calls and you may only have enough chance – more... to take a few bites of a sandwich.

Management may not help you at all and even if a patient yells, throws things at you or demeans you they will take the patients' side. Management is moody and vindictive. They will not show appreciation for your hard work. Several workers worked off the clock at managements' request.

Don't work here.

Your coworkers are great. Nursing is great. Techs are great. Work in another department!!!! – less
My Job as a Transporter
Transporter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2013
Pros: values, compensation and experience
Cons: department management
Worked 7 a.m. to 3:30p.m. Learned Medical records and how to process Patient charts. Also learned how to proess death certificates and release the deceased. The management in my department was average. My co-workers were excellent, they trained me very well and I was able to learn my job within one week. The hardest part of my job was keeping things – more... caught up by myself. Overall my whole experience was excellent. – less
Carring
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: appreciation
Cons: not willing to hire.
Working with community members.
I have learned great customers service skills
My co-workers are great and always willing to share ideas.
The hardest part of the job is working without pay.
The most enjoyable part of the job is educating community memembers on health topics.
A great place to practice nursing!
nurse (Former Employee), pedsFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: your co workers
Cons: can be a crazy busy place
The Peds ED and Inpatient Unit has a great staff. The are an awesome team and truly love what they do. If you want to work at a place where you are valued this would be the place. And they always rally together on those crazy days and get the job done!
great learning hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: night shift got to be too much
This was my first CNA job. I learned so much. Everyone was so eager to help and teach. Great team attitude. My co workers were amazing, always there to help.
I worked with excellent staff
School nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2013
I worked as a night shift LPN at Franklin Square Hospital for 14 years. I loved working as a floor nurse. I found this job EXTREMELY rewarding. When I went home in the morning I knew that I had made a difference!
I worked on an orthopedic / surgical floor. We received all surgical patients from PACU. Being able to alleviate pain or decrease fear with – more... a frightened patient made me realize I truly had found my calling. I was even nominated for nurse of the year, as an LPN. I also had won a nursing star of the month award a few months before I left.
It was here at FSH that I realized my true love and dedication to the bariatric patient. When the position became available to be a bariatric clinical nurse I jumped at the chance!
I am not someone who hops from job to job. I work hard and am very dedicated to my position. I truly miss more one on one care, at Sinai, with my patients. – less
Good Place
Multifunctional Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Rosedale, MDDecember 19, 2012
Pros: you'll feel like family
Cons: fsh emergency room is the busiest on the east coast so be prepared to sweat :)
The hospital was rewarded multiple times "Best place to work" multiple times for a reason. Its a great lace filled with competent, hard workers.
Patient acuity low for a ICU
Registered Nurse- ICU (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2012
Pros: you have a job
Cons: coworkers need to work better with each other
In the ICU the acuity can be sometimes low compared to other area hospitals. Con some employees do not initiate helping coworkers when help is needed.