Franklin Square Hospital Employee Reviews

Exciting Job with Nice Co-workers
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2016
Responsible for setup and preparation of surgical instrumentation used during surgical procedures performed by surgeons in various hospitals; sterilization and wrapping instruments for autoclave operation; maintenance of sterile field, and transportation of patients to various areas of the hospital. This was where I took my training while I was in Surgical Tech school, and they hired me when I finished school. I loved this job! The most enjoyable part was assisting the surgeons by passing the instruments and anticipating what they needed before they asked. I learned that management appreciated when you did more than you were required to do. The hardest part was leaving when GOD called me to take care of the three kids that I adopted.
N/a
Housekeeping Superviser (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 3, 2016
In all honesty, I prefer not to givee any input to this institution, So as not to soil public opinion of this institution credibility. My experience with dealing with them may not be a positive reflection on the overall company.
nice place to work
NEURODIAGNOSTIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 16, 2016
FSH was a great place to work. Many of the employees stay for years and develop great working relationships with each other including staff from other departments. The best part of the job was working with patients and meeting their families, offering comfort and familiarizing them with procedures.
Pros
nice ICU, always improving facility
Cons
building renovations cost and seem to have caused job/pay cuts, some were pretty much forced to retire.
overworked, terrible management.
dietary (Former Employee) –  dietary departmentMarch 29, 2013
I worked in dietary several years before being fired. I was certified as a CNA but was unable to advance because of departmental interference.

As a dietary worker, expect to be on your feet actively walking with tops a thirty minute lunch break during a 12 hour shift. Your break will be interrupted with phone calls and you may only have enough chance to take a few bites of a sandwich.

Management may not help you at all and even if a patient yells, throws things at you or demeans you they will take the patients' side. Management is moody and vindictive. They will not show appreciation for your hard work. Several workers worked off the clock at managements' request.

Don't work here.

Your coworkers are great. Nursing is great. Techs are great. Work in another department!!!!
Pros
coworkers, benefits
Cons
everything else
Great people to work with.
Receptionist/Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2016
Everyone I came in contact with was more than willing to accommodate me with what I had a question about. Management was also on board with employees assisting with bettering us as a group in order to make us professionals.
Pros
Never hesitating to reward a job well done.
Great clean place to work
Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMay 19, 2016
Love working here everyone is very friendly and also there is teamwork. The hardest part is getting attached to patients and their family members.
irritating workplace that feeds you
Dietary Server (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMarch 28, 2016
i like that they feed you on the job but there is not enough staff there are times when no one helps you and you could have more patients than the rest but you still have to fend for yourself
Pros
food during your shifts
Cons
not enough help when you need it
Challenging Atmosphere with a dash of fun
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2014
Working here, I've met some of the most friendliest people I've ever met. Like all jobs, there are times where people allow their personal issues to overtake there work career. This is kept down to a minimal here and people are able to discern their career from their personal emotions. The benefits are great and there are a couple of different options you can go with. There are also health benefits such as Zumba, Yoga, and Kickboxing classes, a farmer's market every Friday, and wellness meals.
Fun and Productive
PART-TIME EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2016
Typical day at work is to provide information and good customer service to customers. Helping them seek excellent medical treatment. Providing different information on where they should seek the proper medical treatment.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Working to provide excellent customer service
My Job as a Transporter
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2013
Worked 7 a.m. to 3:30p.m. Learned Medical records and how to process Patient charts. Also learned how to proess death certificates and release the deceased. The management in my department was average. My co-workers were excellent, they trained me very well and I was able to learn my job within one week. The hardest part of my job was keeping things caught up by myself. Overall my whole experience was excellent.
Pros
values, compensation and experience
Cons
department management
Rewarding job
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2015
Working in ER makes you realize you are making a difference in someone's life in their time of need. Very rewarding. Co-workers make you feel like 1 big family. I learned many skills. Given opportunities to advance my career.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Many have long hours
Productive and fun place to work
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandNovember 3, 2014
Very busy office taking incoming and out-going calls directing them to the location in which addresses every issues that the public, doctors, nurses are requesting. Emergency call are very important because someone(s) life is on the line if these calls are not done appropriate. As a Office Manager I enjoy being able to assist others in making their job run smoother. I enjoy meeting deadlines and helping others gather the things necessary to successfully complete task. I've learned as a Office Manager to learn how to listen to others and take notes and in doing this it helps you to assist them a in task and allow you to give helpful pointer if necessary on how to proceed in a task.
Pros
Being able to acculate leave time
Cons
Health care benefits
I worked with excellent staff
School nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2013
I worked as a night shift LPN at Franklin Square Hospital for 14 years. I loved working as a floor nurse. I found this job EXTREMELY rewarding. When I went home in the morning I knew that I had made a difference!
I worked on an orthopedic / surgical floor. We received all surgical patients from PACU. Being able to alleviate pain or decrease fear with a frightened patient made me realize I truly had found my calling. I was even nominated for nurse of the year, as an LPN. I also had won a nursing star of the month award a few months before I left.
It was here at FSH that I realized my true love and dedication to the bariatric patient. When the position became available to be a bariatric clinical nurse I jumped at the chance!
I am not someone who hops from job to job. I work hard and am very dedicated to my position. I truly miss more one on one care, at Sinai, with my patients.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2015
Handling patients’ related information including scheduling, appointments, insurance verification and authorizations.Responsible for front desk management including greeting patients, checking in and out.
fast pace and productive
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2015
It need to have more equipment safety wise, but overall I enjoy the work environment. They should promote or arrange for people with potential to go to school and really help them advance!
Pros
The People
Cons
no advancemnet
Interactive
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDDecember 16, 2015
The staffs were very interactive, and working effectively together. They allow nursing students to experience complicated nursing skills, allowing them to improve.
No wonder it's called Franklin SCARE
Patient Access Associate Admitting and Discharge (Former Employee) –  ROSEDALE, MDAugust 17, 2013
I worked here for almost 2 years and it was the worst 2 years of my life. I developed a permanent illness just one month after starting at Franklin Square and had to go on intermittent FMLA. They seemed as if they were genuinely concerned for my well being at first, after all it IS a hospital and they are supposed to be in this line of work to help those who are sick. WRONG! The management are a bunch of rude, back stabbing, two faced, uncaring people. Before I got sick, I was a star employee and received two raises in the first month! After I got sick, they started writing me up for bogus issues that NEVER occurred and made my life a living hell! They then fired me abruptly and have turned my life upside down! I now am faced with a permanent illness, no healthcare and have had to file for bankruptcy and may be losing my car! They have fought against me getting unemployment and even though I received it for 3 months, I now have been penalized because they appealed and owe $3,000 back to unemployment! I have applied for 37 jobs since being fired and have not had one call for so much as an interview and I have extensive medical field experience that dates back almost 10 years! I am now hearing horror stories from other former employees that Franklin Square and MedStar can and will "black list" you if they fire you, making it difficult to get a job anywhere! Do not work for this hospital! I do not know if all MedStar facilities are like this but they used and abused me and really damaged my reputation and faith in the common good of people. I'm not one to write reviews on anything  more... or go after those who had wronged me, as I believe that everyone will receive judgement and be given punishment or reward at the pearly gates, however I am filing a lawsuit for wrongful termination and have filed a complaint with EEOC because of the extensive damage that they have caused to my life.  less
Pros
Parking was up front and center for me, only because I have a handicap tag.
Cons
Understaffed, favoritism, poor management and communication, horrible treatment of underprivileged patients.
Its Great working with People.
CERTIFIED SITTER /ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2015
I like working with People. Helping people and making people happy is my goal. Sometimes it hard because you dont have time to all you want too.
Pros
Work
Cons
Managers
very motivated
Patient access associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2015
I work hard, I love to learn new things, I am people person, and I love being a team player people like to work here because they help with your own life problems such as helping you if you have family issues.
Pros
they work with you
Cons
no overtime
kitchen
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDOctober 27, 2015
my typical day was a normal 12 hr shift went so well. working in the hospital I learned that you can change someones life which was a great feeling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Franklin Square Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Franklin Square Hospital Reviews by Location