Franklin Square Hospital

Franklin Square Hospital Employer Reviews

Very productive
Utilization Review Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee), Case Management DepartmentSeptember 22, 2014
Its worth working with a very dynamic heatthcare team.The facility valued the importance of every employees.
productive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: 12 hrs shift and a lot of days off.
Cons: on your days off you will have to be on call.
I learned a whole lot working at this hospital. mine experience was amazing.
Medical Record Clerk
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2014
Pros: discount luch
Cons: the work load
I learned how to scan charts in the McKesson software. I learned how to work on death cert. My co-workers were fun to work with and very helpful. The management were nice would let us know. what was going on in the hospital and the other hospital.
Challenging Atmosphere with a dash of fun
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2014
Working here, I've met some of the most friendliest people I've ever met. Like all jobs, there are times where people allow their personal issues to overtake there work career. This is kept down to a minimal here and people are able to discern their career from their personal emotions. The benefits are great and there are a couple of different options – more... you can go with. There are also health benefits such as Zumba, Yoga, and Kickboxing classes, a farmer's market every Friday, and wellness meals. – less
Great company to work for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2014
great teamwork ,poor management .hardest part of job heaviness of patient
horrible
Secretary in Plant Operations (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2014
just horrible,unorganized,lazy and poor management. I can go on forever about how horrible the management was because they never did their jobs.
fun for summer
help people out (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2014
I helped out who ever needed it and I volunteer once a week it a good excperie it taught me a lot
Exciting, busy and very customer service oriented environment in the bussiest ER in Maryland.
Patient Access (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2014
Pros: chance to make a difference.
Cons: sometime overwhelming when short staffed.
Great, regester, verify and create the patient's case file for incoming patients within the Medstar Franlin Square Hospital Center. Verify active insurance coverages, copay and any authorizations. Collect patient copays and scanned patients charts into the electronic files for each patient seen in the ER. Represented ER regestration on the redisign – more... committee for the ER. We are the bussiest hospital in Maryland and dealing with our patients keep the job interesting and exciting. – less
Workplace
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 12, 2014
I Loved Working For Franklian Square In The Summer If I Can Go Back I Would They People Is Great.
Rewarding
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: self rewarding
Cons: loss of patient
Provide assistance with ADL for patients. I enjoyed working and interacting with my coworkers the hardest part was having a patient expire on my shift.
extremely busy environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free parking, no on-call requirement
Cons: long commute, understaffed most of the time
I worked 12-hr night shifts and provided all aspects of respiratory care to patients of all ages, from newborns to geriatrics. I worked in NICU, ICU, ER, and pediatrics performing ventilatory management, airway management, blood gas sampling and analyis, and treatments to patients with respiratory illnesses.
productive work helping people
PATIENT ADVOCATE (Former Employee), Essex, MDNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: short breaks
medicare/Medicaid patient advocate; helped a great deal of people receive needed benefits.
Ideal Professional Environment
Health Administrator Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2013
Pros: internship
Cons: internship
This was internship experience, which was required for my BA in Health Administration major.
I learned how to manage the employees in Family practice.
Also, I learned what other responsibility does a director have.
A family-friendly environment
Manager, Environmental Services Department (Former Employee), Rosedale, MDOctober 17, 2013
I enjoyed my jobs at Franklin Square Hospital because I was constantly striving to do my best. I worked closely with all levels of employees in the organization. I worked diligently to meet the needs of the customers. I enjoyed building a good team environment.
ICU staff nurse
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Essex, MDSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: location
3-11 position-Worked frequently with friends, relatives & neighbors
No wonder it's called Franklin SCARE
Patient Access Associate Admitting and Discharge (Former Employee), ROSEDALE, MDAugust 17, 2013
Pros: parking was up front and center for me, only because i have a handicap tag.
Cons: understaffed, favoritism, poor management and communication, horrible treatment of underprivileged patients.
I worked here for almost 2 years and it was the worst 2 years of my life. I developed a permanent illness just one month after starting at Franklin Square and had to go on intermittent FMLA. They seemed as if they were genuinely concerned for my well being at first, after all it IS a hospital and they are supposed to be in this line of work to help – more... those who are sick. WRONG! The management are a bunch of rude, back stabbing, two faced, uncaring people. Before I got sick, I was a star employee and received two raises in the first month! After I got sick, they started writing me up for bogus issues that NEVER occurred and made my life a living hell! They then fired me abruptly and have turned my life upside down! I now am faced with a permanent illness, no healthcare and have had to file for bankruptcy and may be losing my car! They have fought against me getting unemployment and even though I received it for 3 months, I now have been penalized because they appealed and owe $3,000 back to unemployment! I have applied for 37 jobs since being fired and have not had one call for so much as an interview and I have extensive medical field experience that dates back almost 10 years! I am now hearing horror stories from other former employees that Franklin Square and MedStar can and will "black list" you if they fire you, making it difficult to get a job anywhere! Do not work for this hospital! I do not know if all MedStar facilities are like this but they used and abused me and really damaged my reputation and faith in the common good of people. I'm not one to write reviews on anything or go after those who had wronged me, as I believe that everyone will receive judgement and be given punishment or reward at the pearly gates, however I am filing a lawsuit for wrongful termination and have filed a complaint with EEOC because of the extensive damage that they have caused to my life. – less
fun working with people
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2013
I really enjoyed the teamwork aspect of all my jobs. I learned that I was a part of a team . The management was effective. My co workers were great. the hardest part of the job was trying to help combative patients.
Productive Envirnment/Fast Paced at times
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Rosedale, MDJuly 19, 2013
Pros: always busy /productive
Cons: can be required to work extra shifts on short notice
Registered patients for OB appointment
Scheduled Pre Op appointments
Verified Insurance Plans
Prepared lab requisitions
overworked, terrible management.
dietary (Former Employee), dietary departmentMarch 29, 2013
Pros: coworkers, benefits
Cons: everything else
I worked in dietary several years before being fired. I was certified as a CNA but was unable to advance because of departmental interference.

As a dietary worker, expect to be on your feet actively walking with tops a thirty minute lunch break during a 12 hour shift. Your break will be interrupted with phone calls and you may only have enough chance – more... to take a few bites of a sandwich.

Management may not help you at all and even if a patient yells, throws things at you or demeans you they will take the patients' side. Management is moody and vindictive. They will not show appreciation for your hard work. Several workers worked off the clock at managements' request.

Don't work here.

Your coworkers are great. Nursing is great. Techs are great. Work in another department!!!! – less
My Job as a Transporter
Transporter (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2013
Pros: values, compensation and experience
Cons: department management
Worked 7 a.m. to 3:30p.m. Learned Medical records and how to process Patient charts. Also learned how to proess death certificates and release the deceased. The management in my department was average. My co-workers were excellent, they trained me very well and I was able to learn my job within one week. The hardest part of my job was keeping things – more... caught up by myself. Overall my whole experience was excellent. – less