Franklin Templeton Investments Employee Reviews in United States

Good working environment w/ reputation for tenured employment.
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 14, 2016
Really good company to work for, and lots of on-the-job education to increase understanding of the business, and development of professional behavior. Keeps employees very informed of company business, and seeks constant feedback. Shows interest in employee success. Excellent company benefits.
Pros
Strong Tenure amongst employees
Cons
Computer upgrades has to be major focus
Franklin Templeton Investments
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 6, 2016
It is a great place to work for! Great benefits, great culture, and great work/life balance. Depending what department you're in will determine what your schedule is like but it is generally 9-5 job. I can't speak for all managers because they all manage differently but I haven't had one that does not know what they are doing or does not care. They all care, they just each have a different management style.
Productive Team
Records Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 1, 2016
Very busy and fast paced
New programs
Management my time for accommodate all tasks need to be processed on a daily basis.
co-workers and I get along as a team
hardest part of the day is traffic
most enjoyable is that at the end of the day, I feel I have accomplishment helping the company in their success.
Used to be Great. Going Down the Drain
Confidential (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialJuly 21, 2016
I joined many years ago. Great location. On site gym, on site Cafe, Grocery store, coffee, restaurants across the street. Some Flexibility in hours depending on group. Great co workers. Great management. I survived the big lay offs in 2008. Moral still good afterwards. Then new management for my group. All started going down hill. Another round of layoffs in February and still laying off here and there. Any sense of job security is gone. This round of lay offs seemed to target those they wanted to fire, but also those who had been there too long and cost too much. Now I know why there aren't many older people there. Not sure many retire here. More like forced out I feel. Also my group has never offered much training. They give you work and tell you to figure it out. Also we have no vision of this new management. No clue what they do. They have no clue what we do. The moral has went down the drains. Many are leaving for other jobs.
Wonderful workplace and company
Investment Admin Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660May 22, 2016
There were numerous opportunities for growth, advancement and the company benefits are generous. The wide exposure to all parts of mutual fund management and pricing were challenging and rewarding and I highly recommend the company.
Review of Franklin Templeton Technologies
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 22, 2016
I have nothing good to say about Franklin's IT Management. If you are of a certain ethnic origin, you will succeed at Franklin, if you are not, well you are wasting your time.
Pros
Good benefits up until 2016.
Cons
poor management in the it group
productive
shipping associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2016
I love the hours that I worked,starting 10am to 6pm.Wounderful co workers. I learn about shipping receiving photo coping,billing invoice,General warehouse job,like reciving retriving,packing,pulling,tracking packages
Great company to work for.
TA Manager, Global Risk and Control (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 27, 2016
The people are great at FTI. A group of knowledgeable and dedicated individuals.

A lot is expected of you and you will be constantly challenged!!
Pros
401k matching, working remote options
Cons
Not a lot of leadership growth opportunities
Productive and challenging workplace.
Sr.Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 21, 2016
Productive and challenging workplace. I participated in many interesting projects, created software applications that help business clients perform their tasks and increase productivity.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Early morning meetings
Prizes for work performance
Beneficiary Distribution Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 13, 2016
Typical busy work day
Sometimes long hours
Co-workers working as a team
Best part is company appreciates us as employees
Pros
Special lunches & prizes
Cons
Great scope of transactional legal work
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 31, 2016
Complex legal transactional work. Work and
Family Life Balance. Great people to work with depending on your team. Long term employees, lots of baby-boomers at the company.
Meeting & Events team
AA (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 22, 2016
A lot of guidelines and procedures. A lot of processes and micro managed. Everyday was similar...knew how the day would go.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Maternity Leave
n/a
Accounts Payable Fund Associates (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 7, 2016
good company to work for, good benefit, annually bonus, company been in business for over 80 years. Good management staff.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Mature and strong company
Global Trade Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Work day depends on the department you are in but in the Global Trade Service team the environment is very structure and corporate. Gives you a great feeling of the buy side of the financial business.
Product Project Program Manager
Consultant (Program Manager) (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 29, 2015
Product Project Program Manager - esp. Financial Services, Technology and Marketing. Great compensation for contractors, great global online collaboration, work-from-home balance when needed.
Very Professional
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2015
Typical day entailed me supporting a team of 6 outside consultants located all over the country.
I created all sales reports, all expenses, all travel, and day to day emails from all over the country including employees and clients - our clients consisted of accounts from one million to billions of dollars
Coworkers were knowledgeable, intelligent and supportive
Hardest part of the job was quarter end - many long hours meeting client deadlines and meetings with clients across the country
Most enjoyable was the east Fort Lauderdale location
Great Company!
Investment Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 6, 2015
This is a family environment, inside a huge corporation. I can not believe how much I learned, and how much they were willing to teach me. Training was six weeks and for it was great training. Even if you know nothing about investments, you will come out knowing and ready to service the customers.
Fun place to work with many employees, cafe and gym on site
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 10, 2015
Good company to work for, amazing benefits and good management. Franklin offers great training and room for personal and professional growth. Work in team environments, and learn a multitude of information regarding the mutual fund industry.
productive work place
Team Lead-Customer Service/Data Processing (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLNovember 29, 2015
really enjoyed working with the company in every aspect. Had very good benefits. The team was very fun loving and supportive. Had to quit this company because I bought own business.
Awesome place to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 11, 2015
Friendly positive people in upper and lower management enjoyed working for the company for 29+ years. Great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Flexible scheduling available.
Pros
flexible scheduling great benefits