Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Templeton Investments Employee Reviews

Leading financial services company
Project manager (Current Employee), san mateo, caJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Industry leader
Cons: Working with multiple time zones can be challengin.
A mature company that supports work life balance. Global company gives you the opportunity to work with global teams. Temporary assignments in international offices available.
Porfolio Administrator and Trader for High Net Worth Clients
Senior Equity Trader and Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed researching and reading market news. Also, enjoyed improving efficiency in handling day to day activities.
Cons: Long hours plus a lot of take home work to study before next trading day.
Research current market news and update Portfolio Management with news concerning current positions in client's accounts. Downloaded previous days transactions and posted to internal Accounting and Moxy application.
Reconcile and Trade accounts according to Portfolio Managements direction and/or Client's Instruction.
Efficient Work Environment
Intern Analyst (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 3, 2015
Franklin Templeton is an honest, efficient workplace. They do high quality work and respect a work/life balance. Great global perspective.
A great financial investment firm to work where profit sharing is offered.
Operations Associate/Research Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 26, 2015
A typical day involves research and customer service. There was always more to learn about the shareholder's statements.
Good Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 25, 2015
Good company with great benefits. Depending where you are in the company management is hit or miss.Advancement past analyst or supervisor can be difficult.
Solid Company
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 22, 2015
Work on special projects and production
Learned a lot of FT's growing fund business
Management is great, very knowledgeable
Co-workers are quality people
Hardest part is promotion, due to bottle neck structure
Best part is evolving nature of investment product offering
Promotes long-term internal sales career path
CHANNEL SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Amazing benefits
Cons: Internal sales management struggles to communicate the same message to all teams.
The sales department has dramatically evolved over the last 9 years. The Head of Internal Sales has a wonderful vision and his fair in his treatment of others. However, the Internal Sales Managers struggle to find their own place in the ranks and fail to share like-messages to the Channel Sales Supervisors. The high level of miscommunication promotes unnecessary challenges among the supervisors.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 5, 2015
Franklin Templeton Investments is a great company to work for with a great group of people. The company offers effective tools to assist in individual successes.
place one must experience
Tableau Developer/Business System Analyst (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAMarch 19, 2015
A company which has given me a scope for my career growth and the team which always mentors each other. Great professional environment. Many opportunities to learn.
Excellent benefits and competitve but stressful work
Transfer Agent Associate (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: short lunches, difficult work, and poor management.
Franklin Templeton offers excellent benefits and competitive pay but lacks in all the other areas. Poor management/leadership in the transfer agent department. No vision of career advancement to go into other departments.

Job duties include answering inbound phone calls in a high volume call center. Answering phone calls from shareholders and financial advisors providing assistance with account maintenance, monetary transactions, and researching data and historical statements.

Most co-workers were well knowledgeable and provided excellent assistance. Most were very nice, down to earth individuals.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult shareholders and financial advisors trying to scheme their way to make money faster.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to successfully help shareholders with their needs and hearing the sheer joy in their voices over the phone.
a good and fun employer to work for
Analyst (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: onsite gym and play room
Cons: lack of management trainning
exciting place to work at, good co-workers to work with, but need more company actvities & events and managment training
Productive, No work pressure
SAP BI Architect /Lead developer (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good workplace culture, job security
Cons: growth is slow and low appraisals and compensations
Franklin templeton good work place, job security is good but slow growth and low salaries if you don't negotiate well. good bonus and 401k matching plans stock investment options for employees.
Large company with lots of avenues for career advancement
Financial Advisor Servicing Team Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great people and career advancement
Cons: cannot think of any
Its has been a long time since I've worked here so no comment on a days work. I do think back on my time working here and I wish I would have never left. Currently trying to rejoin this company, but still waiting for the right oppourtunity to open up.
Located in Beautiful Fort Lauderdale
Tax Department - Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: enormous exposure to mutual funds investments
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Franklin Templeton is a prestigious firm. The structure of the fund group provided the opportunity to be exposed to all Franklin Templeton funds serviced by the site.

The company also has great employee investment incentives as well.

Franklin Templeton location in Fort Lauderdale was also refreshing.
Worked as seasonal temporary.
Treasury Assistant (contract) (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Initial training class of one week was exceptional. I was always given the training required to complete my tasks. Management and co-workers were always available to assist as needed.
Professional creative environment with exceptional creative leadership.
Graphic & Production Designer (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: creative leadership and management.
Output of Franklin Templeton literature and collateral daily, worked under one of the most experienced Art Directors in the industry. This job alone took my education of graphic design to new levels. It was an honor working with the FT creative team and learning from some of the best designers and support staff.
Good to work
Snr. Programmer (Current Employee), USADecember 22, 2014
Good to work in Franklin Templeton great work culture and good benefits from the company.
Does not have a cohesive working envirnment
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Cons: not a place for a great work/life balance
I will say that I learned a lot about the securities industry. I met a lot of smart and genuine people. However, I cannot say the same about the management of my former team. There is a lot of bureaucracy and a lot of big egos. They don't seem to care about their subordinates.
Wonderful people to work with
Legal Transfer/Correspondence Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great people, good job options
Cons: work-flow changes, can be stressful
I loved working at Franklin Templeton Investments truly because of the wonderful people who were employed there. The work was challenging, time constraints could be stressful, and workflow was ever-changing, but I enjoyed going everyday because I just really appreciated the environment that the employees created
We have Team Lunch, Customer Service Week (cookout and movie day), Bake Sale Competition and Ice Cream day, etc.,
TA Customer Operations Processing Associate (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: we would have year end bonus and it depends on the stock market performance
Cons: strictly no personal cell phone is allowed to turn on during office hours
* I am always busy from start to finish on a typical day. If required to work on a Saturday due to heavy work load, I would volunteer to help out.
* I have learned so much - from Payments processing (money coming in), e-contributions processing (Employer and Employee contributions to their 403b from Schools, Church, Hospitals and companies), 529 processing (New Jersey Best), New Accounts processing, Money Fund processing, Remittance Processing (all checks encoded for deposits to our Franklin Templeton Bank), Death processing (death values, distributions, liquidations, exchanges, etc.,). I processed Tax forms (W-9 and W-8BEN). I am a multi-functional processor with multiple skills.
* Our Management consisted of managers, supervisors, analysts, training co-ordinators, compliance analyst, quality analysts, administrator and a director. They all help out with the procedures and policies update, quality review and assist in the training.
* My co-workers are friendly and we all assist each other because we all have different skills level when comes to processing. The correspondence team might come over to my desk to ask me questions pertaining to the transactions (how should she put in the letter) and my former co-workers might come over to ask questions on Tax Forms (how to handle this). Sometimes, our Customer Service associates would mock me to ask me questions pertaining to the stock broker asking him/her questions and they are not sure how to respond. When comes to privacy and confidential information, I would say no, please do not disclose any information to the attorney after – more... I review the case notes whether he/she is entitled to the information (would depends on what paperwork we receive).
* The hardest part of my job is dealing with Deaths (Death Values, Divorce papers (who is entitled to the assets), Estate, Court papers, Letter of Testamentary, etc.,), both shareholder (husband and wife) died around the same time (determine the time and date of who died first and who died second - determine who are getting the assets).
* The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have been with the company for over 17 years (my longest job history that I have with the same employer), all the benefits that was given over the years with Sir John Templeton when he was still alive (originator of Franklin Templeton Investments who passed away more than five years ago in Bahamas), and we all remember the most memorable time with John Templeton. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Resources believes a penny saved is a penny lost -- if it's not wisely invested. Operating as Franklin Templeton Investments, – Read more

Franklin Templeton Investments Salaries