Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Templeton Investments Employer Reviews

a good and fun employer to work for
Analyst (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: onsite gym and play room
Cons: lack of management trainning
exciting place to work at, good co-workers to work with, but need more company actvities & events and managment training
Productive, No work pressure
SAP BI Architect /Lead developer (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good workplace culture, job security
Cons: growth is slow and low appraisals and compensations
Franklin templeton good work place, job security is good but slow growth and low salaries if you don't negotiate well. good bonus and 401k matching plans stock investment options for employees.
Large company with lots of avenues for career advancement
Financial Advisor Servicing Team Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great people and career advancement
Cons: cannot think of any
Its has been a long time since I've worked here so no comment on a days work. I do think back on my time working here and I wish I would have never left. Currently trying to rejoin this company, but still waiting for the right oppourtunity to open up.
Located in Beautiful Fort Lauderdale
Tax Department - Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: enormous exposure to mutual funds investments
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Franklin Templeton is a prestigious firm. The structure of the fund group provided the opportunity to be exposed to all Franklin Templeton funds serviced by the site.

The company also has great employee investment incentives as well.

Franklin Templeton location in Fort Lauderdale was also refreshing.
Worked as seasonal temporary.
Treasury Assistant (contract) (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Initial training class of one week was exceptional. I was always given the training required to complete my tasks. Management and co-workers were always available to assist as needed.
Professional creative environment with exceptional creative leadership.
Graphic & Production Designer (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: creative leadership and management.
Output of Franklin Templeton literature and collateral daily, worked under one of the most experienced Art Directors in the industry. This job alone took my education of graphic design to new levels. It was an honor working with the FT creative team and learning from some of the best designers and support staff.
Good to work
Snr. Programmer (Current Employee), USADecember 22, 2014
Good to work in Franklin Templeton great work culture and good benefits from the company.
Does not have a cohesive working envirnment
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Cons: not a place for a great work/life balance
I will say that I learned a lot about the securities industry. I met a lot of smart and genuine people. However, I cannot say the same about the management of my former team. There is a lot of bureaucracy and a lot of big egos. They don't seem to care about their subordinates.
Wonderful people to work with
Legal Transfer/Correspondence Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great people, good job options
Cons: work-flow changes, can be stressful
I loved working at Franklin Templeton Investments truly because of the wonderful people who were employed there. The work was challenging, time constraints could be stressful, and workflow was ever-changing, but I enjoyed going everyday because I just really appreciated the environment that the employees created
We have Team Lunch, Customer Service Week (cookout and movie day), Bake Sale Competition and Ice Cream day, etc.,
TA Customer Operations Processing Associate (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: we would have year end bonus and it depends on the stock market performance
Cons: strictly no personal cell phone is allowed to turn on during office hours
* I am always busy from start to finish on a typical day. If required to work on a Saturday due to heavy work load, I would volunteer to help out.
* I have learned so much - from Payments processing (money coming in), e-contributions processing (Employer and Employee contributions to their 403b from Schools, Church, Hospitals and companies), 529 processing (New Jersey Best), New Accounts processing, Money Fund processing, Remittance Processing (all checks encoded for deposits to our Franklin Templeton Bank), Death processing (death values, distributions, liquidations, exchanges, etc.,). I processed Tax forms (W-9 and W-8BEN). I am a multi-functional processor with multiple skills.
* Our Management consisted of managers, supervisors, analysts, training co-ordinators, compliance analyst, quality analysts, administrator and a director. They all help out with the procedures and policies update, quality review and assist in the training.
* My co-workers are friendly and we all assist each other because we all have different skills level when comes to processing. The correspondence team might come over to my desk to ask me questions pertaining to the transactions (how should she put in the letter) and my former co-workers might come over to ask questions on Tax Forms (how to handle this). Sometimes, our Customer Service associates would mock me to ask me questions pertaining to the stock broker asking him/her questions and they are not sure how to respond. When comes to privacy and confidential information, I would say no, please do not disclose any information to the attorney after – more... I review the case notes whether he/she is entitled to the information (would depends on what paperwork we receive).
* The hardest part of my job is dealing with Deaths (Death Values, Divorce papers (who is entitled to the assets), Estate, Court papers, Letter of Testamentary, etc.,), both shareholder (husband and wife) died around the same time (determine the time and date of who died first and who died second - determine who are getting the assets).
* The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have been with the company for over 17 years (my longest job history that I have with the same employer), all the benefits that was given over the years with Sir John Templeton when he was still alive (originator of Franklin Templeton Investments who passed away more than five years ago in Bahamas), and we all remember the most memorable time with John Templeton. – less
Structured
Transfer Agent, Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 14, 2014
A typical work day is very structured. Clock in, log in to the phone, take customer calls all day.

A multitude of company and business policies to learn and adhere to on a daily basis. Co-workers are friendly. Management is a pleasure to work for.

The hardest part of the work day is being on the phone all day. The most enjoyable part of the day is solving problems.
Great Place to Begin a career
TA Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2014
Cons: limited advancement opportunities at st. petersburg location
This place definitely has a "Large Family Feel". The management staff completely puts the developing the associates at the top of their list.
Great Management
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2014
Wonderul place to work and all co-works are great to work with, hardest part of job is my drive, its located downtown Los Angeles.
Great Company!
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2014
Franklin Templeton is a great company!

I am proud of what I accomplished at this company in the almost 2 years I worked here.

Remote access enabled me to work from locations all over the world and allowed me to get to know my team and how they where best motivated to reach our objectives. My team was globally located which was a pro when it came to installs, testing, and release of the systems we rolled out to the globally located end users.

Process are well defined and mentors are available for questions when you begin. This allowed me to easily train new sub-project PM's when hired.

Work / Life balance is well supported.
Productive and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: esip
Cons: mistrust
challenging but learning
effective management skills
strong, visionary
excellent
consistent partnership
team
High risk and very active day to day activity
Corporate Action Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2014
In Corporate Actions a typical day consist of researching and soliciting market events that will affect the underlying security of a shareholder. During my time as a Corporate Action analyst I have significantly improved my Microsoft Excel skill. I have also learned how to work with internal and external trading platforms. Finally my general knowledge of the macro market environment has increased. The management team I work with is very loyal and dedicated to improving the department with which they work in. My co-workers and myself work in a team oriented environment. Someone is always willing to give another co-worker a helping hand at anytime. The hardest part of the job is the volume of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that all the events that we receive are current in the market. It is very fulfilling to open up an event and do all the necessary work to ensure that the right steps and proper procedures are taken.
Micromanagement due to the industry and corporate culture
Call Center (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: micromanagement
The job had a lot of good challenges when working with callers, things like problem solving and research. The micromanagement due to being in the financial industry was terrible for morale. The intense disciplining they displayed over the smallest mistake made it really challenging to be human and do your job - micromanaging at it's worst.
There is a lot of opportunity to learn about the financial industry and overall the training is great. The pay was average, and the benefits were great. If you are a hard worker you can do well, and learn a lot.
Nice environment but beware of job security
Marketing, Communications and Content Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee and tea, great cafe and gym on premises, decent pay and great benefits
Cons: very litlle job security, no contact with upper management
I worked at Franklin Templeton as a contractor for a year and a half.
As a contractor you are not involved in most company meetings, obviously can not share in the benefits and are kept out of the culture loop. Upper management must watch the bottom line since they are a finance company and are publicly traded so many people come and go depending on the budget.
The Ivy League Hangout
Administrative Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAMay 16, 2014
Pros: great ace
This company is very by the book with their approach to everything, and they will not give you the time of day unless you can drop names or make their high demands in production.
Renowned company
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Tampa FlMay 7, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: short breaks, long commute
Fast Pace learning experience. Excellent training. Hands on Management. Professional co-workers.

1 2 3 4

About Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Resources believes a penny saved is a penny lost -- if it's not wisely invested. Operating as Franklin Templeton Investments, – Read more