Franklin University Employee Reviews

Great way to learn and get experience.
Domestic Location FWS Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 31, 2017
Franklin University is a great place to utilize FWS to get applicable experience while studying and completing your degree. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Politics rule, toxic culture, self enriching leadership
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2017
Very political and out of touch leadership intent on self enrichment. COO, Marketing and IT are yes people to Prez. CFO is politically ineffective and will throw his people under the bus for self preservation. Declining enrollment not addressed. New ideas and ventures readily pursued without diligence or concerns for resources. If you like wild rides, political intrigue, and helping make ineffective leaders rich then this is the place for you.
Pros
paychecks dont bounce, learn how not to run business
Cons
stressful, political, ineffective, toxic culture, low moral
Student worker
Faculty Support Services (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 21, 2017
Duties include:
providing general support services to faculty
monitoring building activities
delivering faculty mail
assisting with photocopying
providing telephone coverage
maintaining security of materials and equipment
assisting with special projects
Productive and Conducive work environment
Student IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2017
As a student, I would say a typical day at work is innovative and informative. Each day I am given the opportunity to gain new experience and to also put to practice what I am being taught.
The workplace culture is great, no discrimination, everyone is friendly and work together as a team to meet company objective.
Pros
Fit Club for staff and Free breakfast
Great Place to work
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2017
Awesome. The university cares about their student and works hard at ensuring a solid education. I typically spend 6 hours preparing or teaching class.
productive, fun, friendly environment
Learning Commons Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2017
It was very relaxed, met new people everyday. Got to interact with different people. Very pleasant and caring coworkers. Hardest part was that the building was very cold.
Pros
Met people, Breaks
Cons
no health care
Part time teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2017
I am a Adjunct instructor and teaching part time only. Materials is IT related and it is easy for me. The structure is very good and my course lead is very easy to work with.
Fun place to work but too political to keep good employees
Chief Technology Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2017
People in the highest positions are petulant and feel deserving. They manage peoples lives from a position of power rather than quality and culture. There is little support from HR and the clique of leaders at the vp level is very difficult to work to work under given the culture of back stabbing in the non-educational workforce.
Pros
Working teams are great
Cons
Senior leaders are very political
I was a student worker
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  MarketingAugust 8, 2017
I was a work study, it was a great opportunity to work in marketing before finishing my undergrad. Easy going culture and a great work life balance is offered.
A Very good place to work
Veteran Affairs Outreach Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2017
A good place to work and a very productive environment that is a good starting point for anyone looking to expand their knowledge of the academic process.
Excellent work environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHMarch 29, 2017
Excellent working environment. Innovative structure which allows students to learn and grow. Provides excellent student resources for student to improve writing skills and correct APA formatting.
Good school
Student (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 13, 2017
Franklin University offers students a well rounded education with the convenience of an online or onsite location.

Currently finishing their Accounting program.
Best place to work
Learing center Assistant (Current Employee) –  201 S. Grant Ave. Columbus, Ohio, 43231July 14, 2016
Best place to work, friendly colleagues, many growth opportunities, and I enjoy to work with people from different parts of the word.
Pros
Free parking, academic opportunities.
Cons
Not sure
C/S Desk
Graduate Services Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 17, 2015
Work front help desk with student and instructors. Process information for students to the administration and instructors.
Full-time student @ Franklin University
Full -Time Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 21, 2015
I had an abundance of homework in my classes at Franklin University. I learned a lot from both my instructors and my other classmates. The hardest part of attending Franklin was that there were a lot of papers to write and a lot of reading. I enjoyed meeting people from different areas of the globe and I liked how the students were professionals and not whiners and definitely not immature.
Pros
Learning something new every day
Cons
The reading and the writing of papers weekly
Good training and excellent benefits and staff
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 10, 2015
I can't speak for other departments, but my lead faculty in Social Sciences was an excellent leader. The compensation is higher than most universities and they have been ahead of the game in online education. I would say they were 5 steps ahead of every other university I have seen. They provide training and often give awards that sometimes come with cash incentives. One of the awards I won for teaching came with a 600 dollar bonus.
Professional and respectful workplace
Computer Science Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2015
Professional and respectful workplace
Interested in employee advancement and improvement
Clean, professional work environment
Student progress is well documented and tracked
Unfortunately, most faculty employment is adjunct with little opportunity for full-time, permanent, tenure positions
It is an okay place to work from
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2015
I have learnt a lot about leadership as well as followership skills from my supervisor.

My co workers are determined individuals with high set priorities in their school work as well as their goals after school.
Pros
It is not a crowded university
Cons
High turnover rates
University turned business
Computers (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2015
A not for profit school that has turned in to a for-profit. Because of high turnover managers expect you to do 3 to 4 jobs.

Most of the employees are fantastic to work with, but they have no voice.
Pros
Good amount of time off
Cons
management is blind
Great environment to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus OH - DowntownJuly 24, 2014
It is a great place to work where everybody is like family. Everyone is treated greatly, there is even an employee day. The coworkers are very nice even the superiors are very friendly and understanding. This job has helped me enhance my customer service skills. A typical day at work would involve data entry, receiving students and orienting them towards the right direction, schedule them for tutoring appointments and also making phone calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is the times we do activities among us employees sponsored and/or organized by the employers: volleyball games, attending baseball games...
I cannot think of a hard part of the job because I love to learn new things and be great at them.