Franklin University Employee Reviews

Full-time student @ Franklin University
Full -Time Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 21, 2015
I had an abundance of homework in my classes at Franklin University. I learned a lot from both my instructors and my other classmates. The hardest part of attending Franklin was that there were a lot of papers to write and a lot of reading. I enjoyed meeting people from different areas of the globe and I liked how the students were professionals and not whiners and definitely not immature.
Pros
Learning something new every day
Cons
The reading and the writing of papers weekly
Good training and excellent benefits and staff
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 10, 2015
I can't speak for other departments, but my lead faculty in Social Sciences was an excellent leader. The compensation is higher than most universities and they have been ahead of the game in online education. I would say they were 5 steps ahead of every other university I have seen. They provide training and often give awards that sometimes come with cash incentives. One of the awards I won for teaching came with a 600 dollar bonus.
Professional and respectful workplace
Computer Science Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2015
Professional and respectful workplace
Interested in employee advancement and improvement
Clean, professional work environment
Student progress is well documented and tracked
Unfortunately, most faculty employment is adjunct with little opportunity for full-time, permanent, tenure positions
It is an okay place to work from
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2015
I have learnt a lot about leadership as well as followership skills from my supervisor.

My co workers are determined individuals with high set priorities in their school work as well as their goals after school.
Pros
It is not a crowded university
Cons
High turnover rates
University turned business
Computers (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2015
A not for profit school that has turned in to a for-profit. Because of high turnover managers expect you to do 3 to 4 jobs.

Most of the employees are fantastic to work with, but they have no voice.
Pros
good amount of time off
Cons
management is blind
Great environment to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus OH - DowntownJuly 24, 2014
It is a great place to work where everybody is like family. Everyone is treated greatly, there is even an employee day. The coworkers are very nice even the superiors are very friendly and understanding. This job has helped me enhance my customer service skills. A typical day at work would involve data entry, receiving students and orienting them towards the right direction, schedule them for tutoring appointments and also making phone calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is the times we do activities among us employees sponsored and/or organized by the employers: volleyball games, attending baseball games...
I cannot think of a hard part of the job because I love to learn new things and be great at them.
GOOD ENVIRONMENT
Faculty Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 5, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, I LOVE HELPING STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS. IN ADDITION, IT REQUIRES ME TO KNOW A LOTS ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND HOW IT RUNS
Great Place to Work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2014
Good benefits and pay. Good opportunity for growth and advancement. Enough resources are always provided to complete job tasks. If you contribute you are rewarded. Unless you are extremely qualified you need a referral.
Pros
pay, benefits, advancement, life/work balance
Cons
new staff-get into the right clique if you want to advance!
Student focused
General Education Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2014
As an adjunct faculty member, course size ranges from 15-20 plus student in an online or onsite environment. Franklin is very focused on ensuring student success. As a graduate of Franklin, it is important for me to ensure students receive the same quality of education that I did.

The most difficult part with the position is reaching all students and understanding what makes them tick.

The most enjoyable part of the position is knowing that I made a difference in at least one student's life.
Pros
student focus
Cons
being utilized for each term is not guaranteed
Progressive organization with positive goals
Registrar Specialist- Job (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2013
Franklin University is a wonderful place to be employed and create a stable career in higher education.
OK place to work
Administrative Assistant, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Columbus,OHApril 24, 2013
It is a little over rated. Employees are great, advancement is non realistic unless you have a PHd
I am a part-time faculty member teaching Master level courses.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2013
I like work where I can help others answer questions or resolve problems.
Faculty Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJanuary 11, 2013
excellent schooling benefits.
amazing environment
wonderful staff
working directly with Faculty, Professors, PhD staff, no one ever belittled you or made you feel inferior.
Pros
excellent schooling benefits, good health care
Cons
hr unfair to staff
Stay away
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  OnlineNovember 19, 2012
Don't bother applying for any position at FU. I applied, was interviewed, completed training and nothing after that. They didn't even pay for completing the training as promised. Most of the permanent full time faculty have Ph.D. from no known, non accredited schools and won't qualify for a position at a community college. STAY AWAY!

Comment – January 5, 2013

I was also "hired" during an interview, and I completed the extensive human resources paperwork and online faculty training, in addition to doing all the course prep work, including reading texts, modules, developing lectures, etc. However, I was never assigned a course. I was also never reimbursed for the training, even though I was told I would be.

Great place to work while earning a degree
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2012
One of the best career choices I made was to work and pursue a degree at Franklin University. I worked full time in the IT department while finishing my undergraduate degree, many credits were transferable from Columbus State and a major benefit was free tuition since the pay was comparatively low. It was also a unique opportunity to learn new skills on the job, most staff and faculty are friendly and encourage an open minded academic work environment that is conducive to learning. I always look back favorably on my work experience and studies at Franklin, and encourage others to search for similar opportunities there.
Pros
paid tuition
Cons
low wages
Wonderful School and a great place to work
Faculty Services Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2012
The President is very humble and always acknowledges the employees and students. Staff and instructors are very passionate about what they do!
Great atmosphere!!!
Student Learning Center Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2012
I enjoy working at Franklin University. The staff here makes everyone feel welcome. A typical day at Franklin University can be busy with students going in and out. I am required to do alot of scheduling, and emailing. I love my job due to it's variety of things to do that keep me busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people, and the hardest thing is meeting new people and watching their growth and then watching them leave due to graduation.
Productive work place
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2012
Great Place to Work, My job was to maintaining employee’s files and the HR filing system.
Education
University Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 7, 2012
The culture was not one that embraced change and had high turn over
Pros
free undergraduate tuition
Cons
turnover