Franklin Employee Reviews

FEH Boces
Substitute Teacher/Educator (Current Employee) –  Malone, NY 12953June 10, 2016
i have been a dedicated substitute Teacher/Educator with this company for 15 1/2 years i am a dedicated worker and they know they can count on me when they call me for a job to do for the day.The down-fall with this company is that they never considered me for a full-time position for they didn't want to give me the benefits of a full time person. My co-workers are awesome,i get along with them all,and work well with them.The hardest part of this job is not having a full-time position with benefits,i don't know what it is like to have time off with pay or any other benefits that others get when having a full-time job. I enjoy working in the education field for my dream was to be a teacher when i was growing up.I may not have per sued my dream but it is the closest thing i have gotten to being a teacher.I love working with students of all ages and grades and thinking i'm making a difference in their life.
Pros
Seeing a smile on a students face, see them growing from Pre-K-12th grade.
Cons
not having full-time benefits.
very demanding stayed short staffed large turn over
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALMarch 16, 2016
opening office consisting of me processing daily reports to make sure our cash drawers were in bal. and that there were no GL out of bal. Our office was short staffed for over a year, so we all worked together to provide assistance to as many customers as we could. Accounts were set up daily to be collected and solicited for cash advancements. Solicitation calls were made daily to help our office grow in net outstanding by month end to meet our monthly goals. I would say the hardest part of my job was the amount of loans i had to take on daily due to being short staffed. Co workers and I all worked together to keep office goals by month end. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to close the office on Wed. afternoons at 1:30
Pros
benefits yearly bonus
Cons
management alot of late nights and saturday work
Bad scheduling and work condition.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 12, 2016
Nice place to work during the colder months but, terrible place to be during summer.

Lousy work schedule negates any and all pay/benefits gained.

Forget ever having weekends off and count your blessings if you managed to get 2 consecutive days off.
Pros
Pay & benefits.
Cons
Lousy place to work.
Franklin
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 27, 2016
There were 4 gals in our office. Me and one other were always there on time. The Manager was never there in the mornings, so very little guidance for areas of improvement.
review
Facilities Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2016
pretty good company to work for, great hours and decent pay. only left because of location.If I had to reapply for job in the future I would.
A productive day at work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 10, 2015
A productive day for me at Franklin Services was getting to work by 4am and getting my food prepped and ready for my customer's.

As a manager i learned that inventory is very important to a companies profit. Controlling this part of management helps everyone out in your company. I also learned to listen, review and then make the right decision when dealing with company issues as well as your employees issues.

My co-workers are the most important part of my development in team building. I believe if there is a happy enviroment then theres a happy job place.

Hardest thing about any job is balancing your everyday life with your job duties. But for the most part if you put everything in order than you should over come that.

The most enjoyable part of all my jobs was just my daily interaction with new people and developing new relationships with them.
Pros
Hard work
Cons
Lazy workers
Morning meetings to answer any questions or updates.
Bookkeeper/payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 4, 2012
Mr. Paul Franklin from Franklin and Co. was not only my employer, but someone who has always been there for any business question I have. He taught me well, but once in a while I have a question and he is only a phone call away, always ready to help. I would say he is a five star employer. I learned tax preperation, bookkeeping and good customer skills at his office. I got to meet many nice co-workers and clients that became good friends.
Pros
we got to go to update schools, that were completely paid by him.
Cons
the only downfall was not having health benefits.
Production Setting
Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, MSJune 2, 2015
This company is a good company to work for with the location. It provides jobs for the county and surrounding areas. It employes approximately 1,000 employees.

While working there the benefits were pleasant, paid holidays, vacation, 401k and many more.
Overall and good company to work for.
Lead scanner (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 19, 2013
Every day something new would pop up with the patients that called in for help with their meds. Some days very challenging. I enjoyed working with my peers.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Management and human resource needed a little work.
Great leadership job
Director (Former Employee) –  Carnesville, GAJanuary 25, 2016
Independent leadership skills used, as well as working with Board members. Exciting new territory creating new programs for youth and families to be successful. Lots of customer service.
Pros
Active
Cons
Not a permanent job or company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin Mills, PAJanuary 20, 2015
I took this job to help a friend. The company was closing offices right and left, so I knew they would not be around long.

I stayed for 3 months, they did not seem to progress so I gave notice and moved on. Within 6 months, they closed completely.

I maintained a staff of over 25 people at a time.

Met deadlines, shipped interviews, had client interaction for extended surveys and groups, My staff and assistant were very loyal to me and they all left when I did, not at my request, they did not want to work for the other manager who gave them less pay and was over demanding.

I got the job done and more.
Pros
Cons
not a stable employer or company
Independent out in the work field
Facilities Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 2, 2015
⦁ Ordering products according to your preferences
⦁ Filling vendors at appropriate intervals
⦁ Loading and unloading delivery goods, driving to and from destinations
⦁ Sanitation of vendors inside and out at each service
⦁ Proper testing of equipment initiative maintenance program
⦁ Proper recording of sales
⦁ Conveying a friendly attitude that says, “We want your business.”
Pros
weekly pay, free lunches
Cons
no breaks, extremely early and long work hours
pitiful
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, MSOctober 2, 2015
Very poor company to work for you don't know if you are going to be laid off or not. The pay is not good and management is very rude.
Pros
Cons
everything
Family owned company that has been in business 40 years.
Safety Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston,MSJune 19, 2014
My position allows me to interact with both hourly employees and management. I love the fact that my job helps employees work safely. However, because the company has been in business so long and is family owned, change is not easily accepted by management and this hampers the effort to instill a culture of safety at the facility. My time here has had its ups and downs and I am greatly concerned that this inability to change will damage the company in the future.
Flex spending plan 401k match
Associate (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJAugust 29, 2013
Provided Case Management and filed the necessary paperwork for life sustaining medications for low-income patients.
• Liaison between Pharmaceutical Companies that provide the necessary medications for patients.
• Processed incoming enrollment forms using Excel spreadsheets to determine most cost effective and best practices of services available for patients.
• Enrolled 50-75 patients monthly
• Contacted and maintained correspondence with Pharmacists, Insurance Companies, and Doctors to aid in the processing of patients information in order to receive the appropriate medication in a timely manner.
• Provided billing and posting of payments for customers
Wonderful place to work!
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJuly 16, 2013
There is no typical day there you never know who may come in the door needing help. It's a great place and I like what they do there, it's very helpful to the entire community! My co-workers were awesome to work with and they are good at what they do. The hardest part of the job would have to be turning down people that need assistance, I guess they can't help everyone. I really enjoyed working there even though it was for such a short time. I guess the most enjoyable part of the day was seeing someone that was truly in need get the help they so much deserved.
Pros
My wonderful co-workers, seeing people get help they need
Cons
They can only hire a small amount of employee's due to their fixed income, having to see people turned away
PRoductive, challenging, rewarding professional position
Subsittute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 7, 2012
Co-workers very kind and supportive. Training: top-notch classes.
Within 20 minutes of arriving in the assigned classroom, all lessons for the day must be reviewed and implemented in successfully.
Hardest part of the job: leaving the kids at the end of the school year.
Most enjoyable part: succeeding in correctly and efficiently teaching the students what they needed to know during their teacher's absence. Most students I taught jumped at least one grade per assessment.
Pros
pros: flexible schedule
Cons
cons: in charge of outside recess during winter
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 4, 2012
Franklin Services was indeed a great place to work. I learned a wealth of information about the vending industry, had some great co-workers, and in general enjoyed my job. I balanced my day with cold calls, both in person and by phone. I routinely dealt with senior level company management, and thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.
Pros
company car
Cons
limited healthcare package
This was my first para-professional job and a good one.
Youth Program Asst (Former Employee) –  Mental Health Henderson NC 27536August 7, 2013
This job opportunity gave me my first clinical experience. I was given my first opportunity to work along beside a psychologist and be provided clinical supervision. I wrote and set goals for at risk youths.
Pros
Professional developement was prominant to me at this time in my career.
Pickup loads of bulk paper products and drop in lots for over the road drivers to pickup.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Remington, INFebruary 21, 2013
Would chck in at terminal and get dispatch on what trailers and loads to pickup and what point to deliver it to. Management was great to work with and equipment was well maintainded.
Pros
great equipment to drive, great management, off weekends
Cons
short days, (lack of pay)