FranklinCovey Employee Reviews

I really like working here, nice and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
I give this place 2 thumbs up, great location, great hours, and great job! It was nice to come to work, and answer customer service calls, and feel like I was making a difference is someone' s life. The products basically sold themselves
Pros
free lunches, goodies
Productive and fun work place
Sr. Client Partner (Current Employee) –  Mexico citySeptember 3, 2016
It is a very good transnational company. My co-workers are nice and they have a great attitude to help and work as a team. I have learned that if it is going to be it is up to me, everything in life is possible. My boss is a very good leader, so that is the most enjoyable part of the job, the hardest is the package of benefits that is not very attractive.
Pros
Training, Free planners
Benefits
Great place to work as long as the stock price is high
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 15, 2016
Great place to work, unless the stock takes a plunge. Then, as a public company, it gets very weird and complicated. Certainly take a look.
typical work day
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2015
Schedule on-site training with Corporate clients. Place facilitator orders. Create invoices and manage accounts Work directly with internal and external clients within the US and Internationally.
Pros
great people
Cons
work life balance is difficult
Antiquated phone and computer systems
Seasonal Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 23, 2015
This call center was a joke. The training I received consisted of me going through stacks of worksheets by myself. The software used to take orders is buggy and very hard to learn. Once you're out on the phones, you have no help at all. One holiday season was more than enough for me..
Pros
Nice cafeteria, never have to work weekends
Cons
short lunches, schedule changes constantly, management completely inaccessible
Supportive, Growth-Oriented Culture
Inside Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2015
This is a culture of people who legitimately care about your success, and although they aren't always able to live out the principles they teach, they actively try to practice what they preach. Great, supportive culture, especially for entry-level employees.
Pros
Culture, People, Great Cause
Cons
Short-staffed
An exciting new sales opportunity
Federal Government Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2014
A typical day at work at FranklinCovey would involve me contacting as many people as possible through phone calls, emails, news letters, etc. and selling them on the time management courses that FranklinCovey offered. I was specifically in the Federal Government Division of FranklinCovey, so I dealt with government agencies from across the U.S.

I learned that sales is definitely an up and down job, but if you stay persistent and diligent with your work, things will always come back around and surprise you in a good way. There were a couple occasions where I might get discouraged at my lack of sales in one particular day, but then the next day I would get double what I ever expected, and everything would be great again.

Since the Federal Government Division was brand new when I joined, there weren't many of us to begin with. We had the manager of the division, who I would go to for big issues, but for any small questions I had, I would usually just ask fellow co-workers what they felt was best and we would brainstorm about any potential ideas for making ourselves and our division better.

The hardest part of my job was the schedule. I was attending school full time while working in sales, and that became difficult to stay on top of emails and phone calls that I would receive while I was in school. I missed out on many chances to receive commission just because I was not present in the office and they had nobody there to cover for me while I attended school.

The most enjoyable part of my job was impressing management by doing a good job. Everybody likes a little
  more... praise every now and then, and I especially enjoyed when I was noticed for my hard work and positive attitude. Working hard at work carried over into my personal life, and I truly believe that it helped me get through college because I had the mindset to do whatever it took to learn the material.  less
Pros
Great co-workers, many team building activities, close to home
Cons
Working while attending school, many people there to help whenever needed
Client Partner/Sales Representative
Client Partner/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Client Partner/Sales Representative - presenting and selling solutions to key decision makers within targeted accounts. Territory included Central Texas.
•Brought new product offering to the market
•Reinvigorated stagnant client base and won new business
•Created prospecting program for 100 accounts with 1000 employees and $10 million in revenue
•Met or exceeded sales goals/quota with first quarter and ongoing.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
The rest of my team was in Dallas
stifling environment
product marketing (Former Employee) –  salt lake cityAugust 20, 2013
CEO thrives on intimidation, people are afraid to voice their opinions.

No tools provided to complete job tasks
Pros
good hard working underlings
I LOVED working here.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahMay 7, 2013
I worked mostly by phone and email assisting our client partners ordering materials and making sure surveys were done for future seminars.

I learned a lot about people and how to manage them through email and phone conversations.

I loved my co-workers. Wonderful people.

The hardest part of the job was when something went wrong with a seminar which didn't happen very often.

I loved every part of of this job and was and still am deeply saddened that I'm not still there. Being laid off was a very hard thing.
Pros
Incentives to earn bonuses, free lunch, Excellent pay! Great people.
Cons
Nothing.
A fun place to work and a great shop management team
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMarch 2, 2013
Learnt merchandising and stock management in a shop. Cash reporting and customer service training most effective. Greatest skills was studying the 7 Habits of Highly effective people.
Sold organizational tools to fortune 500 companies and individuals
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2012
lots of training, classes, and continuing education. great teamwork. fun environment. modern up to date. great products. great management. great discounts, tuition reimbursement.
Pros
employee discount, training and classes
Cons
no advancement
Productive and organized company to work for.
Training Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMay 7, 2012
The company adhered to a system that valued its employees. I learned valuable time management and team building skills.