FranklinCovey Employee Reviews in United States

Antiquated phone and computer systems
Seasonal Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 23, 2015
This call center was a joke. The training I received consisted of me going through stacks of worksheets by myself. The software used to take orders is buggy and very hard to learn. Once you're out on the phones, you have no help at all. One holiday season was more than enough for me..
Pros
Nice cafeteria, never have to work weekends
Cons
short lunches, schedule changes constantly, management completely inaccessible
Supportive, Growth-Oriented Culture
Inside Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2015
This is a culture of people who legitimately care about your success, and although they aren't always able to live out the principles they teach, they actively try to practice what they preach. Great, supportive culture, especially for entry-level employees.
Pros
culture, people, great cause
Cons
short-staffed
Sold organizational tools to fortune 500 companies and individuals
Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2012
lots of training, classes, and continuing education. great teamwork. fun environment. modern up to date. great products. great management. great discounts, tuition reimbursement.
Pros
employee discount, training and classes
Cons
no advancement
An exciting new sales opportunity
Federal Government Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2014
A typical day at work at FranklinCovey would involve me contacting as many people as possible through phone calls, emails, news letters, etc. and selling them on the time management courses that FranklinCovey offered. I was specifically in the Federal Government Division of FranklinCovey, so I dealt with government agencies from across the U.S.

I learned that sales is definitely an up and down job, but if you stay persistent and diligent with your work, things will always come back around and surprise you in a good way. There were a couple occasions where I might get discouraged at my lack of sales in one particular day, but then the next day I would get double what I ever expected, and everything would be great again.

Since the Federal Government Division was brand new when I joined, there weren't many of us to begin with. We had the manager of the division, who I would go to for big issues, but for any small questions I had, I would usually just ask fellow co-workers what they felt was best and we would brainstorm about any potential ideas for making ourselves and our division better.

The hardest part of my job was the schedule. I was attending school full time while working in sales, and that became difficult to stay on top of emails and phone calls that I would receive while I was in school. I missed out on many chances to receive commission just because I was not present in the office and they had nobody there to cover for me while I attended school.

The most enjoyable part of my job was impressing management by doing a good job. Everybody likes a little praise every
  more... now and then, and I especially enjoyed when I was noticed for my hard work and positive attitude. Working hard at work carried over into my personal life, and I truly believe that it helped me get through college because I had the mindset to do whatever it took to learn the material.  less
Pros
great co-workers, many team building activities, close to home
Cons
working while attending school, many people there to help whenever needed
A fun place to work and a great shop management team
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJMarch 2, 2013
Learnt merchandising and stock management in a shop. Cash reporting and customer service training most effective. Greatest skills was studying the 7 Habits of Highly effective people.
I LOVED working here.
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahMay 7, 2013
I worked mostly by phone and email assisting our client partners ordering materials and making sure surveys were done for future seminars.

I learned a lot about people and how to manage them through email and phone conversations.

I loved my co-workers. Wonderful people.

The hardest part of the job was when something went wrong with a seminar which didn't happen very often.

I loved every part of of this job and was and still am deeply saddened that I'm not still there. Being laid off was a very hard thing.
Pros
incentives to earn bonuses, free lunch, excellent pay! great people.
Cons
nothing.
Productive and organized company to work for.
Training Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXMay 7, 2012
The company adhered to a system that valued its employees. I learned valuable time management and team building skills.
stifling environment
product marketing (Former Employee) –  salt lake cityAugust 20, 2013
CEO thrives on intimidation, people are afraid to voice their opinions.

No tools provided to complete job tasks
Pros
good hard working underlings
Client Partner/Sales Representative
Client Partner/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Client Partner/Sales Representative - presenting and selling solutions to key decision makers within targeted accounts. Territory included Central Texas.
•Brought new product offering to the market
•Reinvigorated stagnant client base and won new business
•Created prospecting program for 100 accounts with 1000 employees and $10 million in revenue
•Met or exceeded sales goals/quota with first quarter and ongoing.
Pros
working from home
Cons
the rest of my team was in dallas