Franks International Employee Reviews in United States

great place
Dispatcher Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 16, 2016
family owned business, great friendly place to work in, regular customer base place, very cool projects done there and activites
Pros
awesome place
Cons
low pay
great history,
Regional HSE Manager - US Land (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
great history, original management was good, new management lacks human touch. all franks employees are a good bunch, but constantly afraid of loosing their job.
Pros
stable company
Cons
needs management upgrade
advancement opportunity
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TX 77511April 7, 2016
promoted in just seven months to QHSE, great job and managers backed you up. learned new things daily due to the great interactions with employees
Pros
oil and gas
Cons
oil and gas
Absolutely a great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJanuary 27, 2016
Stable work, lots of room to advance. excellent insurance and fair pay. great for a new career. many different departments and jobs within the company to choose from or transfer between.
Pros
stable, large company, excelent insurance
Cons
cant think of any
Shop Technician
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 16, 2015
Serviced and maintenanced oilfield equipment. I worked with hydraulic power tongs that they use on offshore and land rigs. we fixed, cleaned, and painted these tongs everytime they came in off of a rig to go back out.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad management, long hours or no hours, no job security
Great environment to work in.
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 29, 2015
Good field to develop solid work ethic and learn skills that can be used anywhere in life. Fast paced environment to keep your skills sharpened.
Great place to work starting out in the oilfield
Mechanic/Torque turn technician (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 16, 2015
Employees are always on call having to be ready in a moments notice. I learned the different types of casing and thread types as well as torque values for them. Managers were always willing to train me on different tasks and flexible with time out. Co-workers are great as long as you are doing your fair share. The hardest part of the job is working long hours and driving to different locations with little or no sleep. The people I work with make the job fun and educational.
Fast paced and challenging work place.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXNovember 4, 2015
Fun and fast paced work place with many day to day challenges and rewards. Management was really supportive and all about customer service. worked alongside a great group of colleagues.
was a good place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 30, 2015
I had a good learning experience at franks international. i have traveled many parts of the world and learned more than one trade. My short resume would explain my experiences and travels.
I have welded carbon steel, chrome-moly, stainless, aluminum, silver-soder,carpenter 22.
very productive workplace
Sub-arc welder (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TxOctober 6, 2015
usually 8- 12 hour shifts with two fifteen minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch benefits are good and they have a 401K option usually they put you at the same position every day unless you really bug management on moving up. it is highly unlikely that you will be moved up after sub arc welder but the job is fairly easy. simply put its pipe fabrication. hardest part of the job would be grinding station when you have to grind the OD of a pipe by hand to a 32nd of an inch.
Pros
easy work, great hours.
Cons
little pay, short breaks.
Productive and fun
Yard Hand (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 29, 2015
Getbthere we have morning meet get to the yard wipe wn pipes and get to work tell 5 its like one family hardest part is dealing with the wheather
Enjoyed working with them in Angola
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Angola West AfricaSeptember 14, 2015
The experience that I received working on a 6th Generation Twin Derrick Drillship was invaluable & life changing towards my overall experience running casing & completions
Pros
Love working offshore
Cons
N/A
MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 28, 2015
Worked in an office setting. Was able to learn the procurement side of manufacturing. Worked with a great group of people.
Great company to make and save money with
Casing Crew (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 22, 2015
Good compensation for being away from family. Not good for a family man though. Long hours especially when your on call. Got the opportunity to learn a lot and do many job descriptions. Workers, management were great to get along with.
Pros
Good Pay, Short Commute, Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Away from family, Unable to go home at times
Good place to work.
Customer Stock Inventory Clerk/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  BroussardJuly 16, 2015
Good place to work. Very laid back. I worked hard but I know the supervisors appreciate it. I learned a lot about computers and accounting.
Pros
Good people
Cons
short breaks
Cultural Diverse
Human resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. The people I worked with help make my days go by. I learned my job fairly quick and always looked for ways to better my knowledge of HR.
Great People
Q.A. REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJuly 8, 2015
Best job I've ever had. Worked hard but saw instant results of what your hard work accomplished. The people were very cool and down to earth. Would have great Cookouts for safety meetings.
Family oriented business.
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXJune 22, 2015
Good place to work,good paying job,hard work,would work there again if needed.The hardest part of this job would the 24 hour call and having to be available for work 365 days per year .
Pros
Good paying job
Cons
24 Hour Call no family life
Lots of fun
Leaderman (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 14, 2015
Very good people, no constant scrutiny, hours are great, pay is good for work being done, family type environment, laid back work place
Nice Job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, PAMay 29, 2015
the workers are great and willing to help you learn. I started out in the shop to get the feel for the tools and then became a dispatcher for the company.

4.2