Franz Family Bakeries Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Great Place To Work
STORE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORFebruary 6, 2016
I love working with Franz. They have great employees and they are always looking out for their teams. The job is not too strenuous. If you enjoy working with people and are someone with a positive attitude you will fit in wonderfully.
wonderful place to work!
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  SeattleOctober 16, 2014
I loved this place!! The benefits and pay are awesome! Loved the smell of fresh bread and the people there are like family. It is a union position. Love this place!
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
nothing
Fast paced hard working environment, in time things get easier
Relief Foreman/Breakman (Former Employee) –  Portland ORApril 17, 2014
Typical day at Franz starts at the time clock. Don't forget your salt intake and water. Prepare to sweat cause the heat and the work sets in fast. I did breaks so it was 20-40 min increments at each position. Don't mess with a guys break when its 100 plus degrees. lol. I learned a lot at Franz. I started there after high school and became foreman at a really young age. It takes a lot to learn all your machines co-workers and understanding of what exactly is expected of you in such short time. But if you are determined and prepare for a hard day of work you can overcome any obstacle. Most of the people that work there are really cool, and the people that aren't are the ones you work harder for and earn their respect. I think the hardest part of the job was the heat and heavy lifting, but over time it gets easier, didn't even break a sweat last year, while the newbies where soaked through their shirts. Most enjoyable part was knowing how much of a difference I could make, training new guys, giving extra breaks, and getting paid to work out.
Pros
good pay, good benies
Cons
hard work, not for the average person.

4.5