Franz Family Bakeries Employee Reviews

Fast paced hard working environment, in time things get easier
Relief Foreman/Breakman (Former Employee) –  Portland ORApril 17, 2014
Typical day at Franz starts at the time clock. Don't forget your salt intake and water. Prepare to sweat cause the heat and the work sets in fast. I did breaks so it was 20-40 min increments at each position. Don't mess with a guys break when its 100 plus degrees. lol. I learned a lot at Franz. I started there after high school and became foreman at a really young age. It takes a lot to learn all your machines co-workers and understanding of what exactly is expected of you in such short time. But if you are determined and prepare for a hard day of work you can overcome any obstacle. Most of the people that work there are really cool, and the people that aren't are the ones you work harder for and earn their respect. I think the hardest part of the job was the heat and heavy lifting, but over time it gets easier, didn't even break a sweat last year, while the newbies where soaked through their shirts. Most enjoyable part was knowing how much of a difference I could make, training new guys, giving extra breaks, and getting paid to work out.
good pay, good benies
hard work, not for the average person.