Fred's Employee Reviews

na
Labor Relations Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2016
Freds Inc is a very hard working company, it is very established in the community and has a lot of history in the city of Memphis
love meeting people
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Haskell, ARSeptember 13, 2016
Loved the high pace work always something to do makes the day go by faster, management was great employees are friendly, customers are friendly always a smile
Great People
Director Space Development / Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2016
I enjoyed my time at fred's. A lot of great people doing hard work to run the 600+ stores and be successful for the 10,000 employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Francisville, LASeptember 10, 2016
Love my employees. It has it's ups and down as any work place. But I do enjoy the people and my co-works we have build a bund like family and everyone works well together.
productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Haughton, LASeptember 9, 2016
Freds was a fun place to work they did have understanding with the work life balance. My only complaint with the company was the pay and benefits.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation and benefits
Coworker Like Family
APPAREL EXPERT/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 9, 2016
Co-workers made Fred's a fun place to work. The experience and knowledge I gained through working at this company, I will never forget. There were good days and bad days but working with people who were like family is something you can't put a price on.
Pros
Coworkers who became lifelong friends
Cons
Pay
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager
SALES ASSOCIATE/ ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, ARSeptember 9, 2016
Before I left management was horrible, one of the managers was lazy and didn't really want to do any work, same goes for a couple of coworkers. I got called in to work constantly even on my days off. The job became to stressful for me which is why I left. I learned a lot working there and I even enjoyed being an assistant manager, but going to school and constantly getting called in made it difficult and stressful.
Pros
a few great coworkers
Cons
management, constant call ins, lazy coworkers
Coworkers and management were like family.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, KYSeptember 8, 2016
The work environment at Fred's is very comfortable. Coworkers and management were easy to get along with. I was able to meet a lot of people in the community.
Pros
Great people to work with. Understanding management.
Cons
They only provide part-time so you can't get benefits.
great work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALSeptember 1, 2016
Work was very great. you meet very nice people that is not trying to make your job hard. I really enjoyed what I did because I was able to help others.
benefits
Cons
hour was short sometimes
Friendly and hardworking workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, AL 36250August 27, 2016
I started as a cashier and I learned that customer service is a very important aspect in retail work or anywhere public. After 5 months I began to travel with my DM and work in other stores and quickly moved up to assistant manager. There was nothing really hard about this job, the only part I was not very fond of would have been unloading the stock truck every week. I made many friends, life long friends, and many many memories with unforgetful people.
Loved the people I worked with and the patients we saw.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Heber Springs, ARAugust 23, 2016
Loved the PIC when I started there I learned a lot from him, and was truly blessed he hired me. He was all about work but didn't mind having a good time while doing so.
Pros
If for some reason I needed a day off I could switch with one of theother techs
Cons
didn't get the benifits or the raise I was primised until I went to Medical Center
was not a fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSAugust 22, 2016
Freds , didn't stand behind there employees. they would tell you how to deal with some people, then when the employee, did what they told them. they didn't stick to their rules.
Productive workplace with great teamwork.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCAugust 19, 2016
I loved working at Freds. A typical day at work was long but fun. You met all kinds of people.The management was nice. My co workers helped me learn the ropes.The hardest part of the job was when someone wrote a check. I enjoyed talking to the customers the most.
Freds was the worst company companyi ever worked with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 18, 2016
store management did not get enough support from there superiors the demands were unreasonable heres no enjoyable part of the job
Very relaxed place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAAugust 18, 2016
Easy to get along with staff members and managers. Friendly environment. The management staff was very understanding when it came to balancing workers and personal life.
Great place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 17, 2016
I like retail. Loved the customers
Like the fast pace of retail. Loved my managers. Great place to work. Holidays can be stressful. Lots of movement involved.
Pros
People
Cons
Hours
This was a good company to work for during college.
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALAugust 15, 2016
The store manager worked with me due to being in college at time of employment. This was one of the major benefits of the store. I like the responsibility and challenge of being a third key and learning management skills, while taking business courses at Troy University. I felt this was perfect real life experience of what I was learning in class.
Pros
flexable schedule, convenient location to home and school
Cons
New store manager was disorganized, store closed
Good place, low pay
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 11, 2016
Enjoyed working in the corporate office. Really relaxed environment and awesome people to work with. Drawbacks was the dress code (jeans only on the 4th Friday), low pay, hard to advance, and outdated systems. Other than that I appreciated my time there.
Pros
Laid-back office, cafeteria with cheap food, flexibility.
Cons
Low-pay, old systems, buidling extremely old.
Worked hard for little pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed working here but the pay was terrible and the work was hard. I worked very hard everyday and did not receive the pay I deserved for my work and experience.
fast pace
Cashier/ Stocker (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, TNJuly 27, 2016
I really didn't like making mimimum wage. You have to be fast pac working with a company. Some people in there are rude. I have been with them bout 7 months and only have one cashier running and doing everything. They need more people to work.