Fred's Employee Reviews

Horrible Work Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 16, 2017
Racist and lazy Assistant Manager was always bothering me and making me feel uncomfortable. They pay was ok and the breaks were reasonable. The store manager was a great person
Fun Work Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 15, 2017
Enjoyed meeting new people helped customers with items in the store. Did daily banking placed orders and ect. I worked at Fred's as a Assist Manger . I enjoyed working for Fred's
Difficult Company
EVP/GMM (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2017
Poor leadership, lack of direction, no investment in the business and losing to competition. I learned a lot about the economically challenged customer.
There's no fun all you do is work from the time you start to the time you finish with a 30 minute break employees had no sense of humor
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXAugust 9, 2017
It was okay to start but I would not want to make a career working there the job was too stressful and you work from the time you start to the time you got off heavy lifting and customer service poor management
Pros
A place to work
Cons
If you're not a manager you do not get benefits
Hard work with low pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Inman, SCAugust 9, 2017
I was responsible for everything taking deposits to the bank, close store, open store, making work schedules for all employees, order merchandise for store, unload trucks and stock shelf's, check in vendors, run cash register , customer service
Pros
The people i worked with
Cons
The pay
It's a great place to work, mainly with the team members you have.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNAugust 4, 2017
Everyday was full of surprises and that meant something new happened everyday. The co-workers and management were great people and great conversationalists. I learned how to control my impulses against crazy and disrespectful customers, plus how to run a register. It's a very clean and respectful place, makes you feel like you right at home. There really wasn't anything hard about the job, just maintaining your section of the store and keeping it clean/organized. The best part of this job is the people that work within it. They are very calm, genuine, and respectful to the people around them, plus they love to makes jokes.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Alot of moving and walking
I always had work to do and keep me busy.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport, ARAugust 2, 2017
The boss was very understanding and even though I only worked part time I got overtime. It was a very good work environment and I could keep myself busy when there were no customers in the store.
Pros
I got a smoke break every two hours or so.
Cons
Lunch breaks were only 15 minutes long.
Stressful
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNAugust 2, 2017
It was very stressful work environment and they don't pay very well. When the store closed they told employees the day of. When they offered me another postion it was an hour away and part time insead of full time.
Bath and Body Works
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2017
Their reviews were wonderful I loved that job. It is an friendly store the employees were friendly as well as the customers. The atmosphere was wonderful and amazing. Different culture throughout the store.
Pros
You get discounts on your products that you purchase
Cons
No cons
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 30, 2017
Manage the overall operations on the store. Interacts with customers on a daily basis. Manage direct peers and assign daily tasks to these associates.
It was a great place to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, GAJuly 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Personal things in my life happened and I had to quit. If I could go back to work here I would. The people were great to work with and the manager was a great person.
Its small and quiet, mostly regulars shop there.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARJuly 19, 2017
Very Small town vibe, i loved working there! Most of the customers shop there every day/week so you get to know everyone and after a while you get adjusted to the rhythm of things. I liked that. I hate that they dont rehire though. I quit when I was pregnant instead of taking maternity leave because i didnt want to work for at least a year or two but now that its been a few years I am not able to regain employment there, other than that its a decent place to work if you like part time .
Has the old time feel of a Community Pharmacy
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Winona, MSJuly 18, 2017
Excellent upper management who are easy to get along with. Very understanding. I worked at a very busy store so we always had a lot of tech help. Great place!
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
Sometimes had to drive long distances
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSJuly 18, 2017
This was a very clean and organized company ..I loved Fred's they make sure everything is done by the book and u is will presentable at all times and respectful
Cons
Short breaks
fun, laid back work envirement
Cashier Stock, customer service (Former Employee) –  Rutherfordton, NCJuly 17, 2017
Great customers, cashier, stock, help with question,
Great way to work to the top, Assistant managers are easy going and very helpful with your training, you can easily make friends, have fun at your job and get paid.
Pros
work environment is laid back
Cons
must work on a Christmas Eve
Open
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 17, 2017
The job have its up and down just like any other job. The people are somewhat nice and okay. Some customers make the cashier job harder. Most the time people don't control they kids. There are many things to learn from the job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/s
Fun workplace
Leader (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNJuly 17, 2017
Working at Freds was a great experience because of he interaction I got to have with the customers, I met all type of people and they loved my customer service everytime!
Good job for students or people looking for a second job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Rainsville, ALJuly 16, 2017
A typical day at Freds is pretty laid back. The work is just standard customer service. While I worked there, I learned how to work a cash register. The management of the store was pretty good. The managers helped when needed and handled customer complaints very well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to maintain your own space behind the register and interacting with customers.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, slow and easy work, short hours
Cons
Short hours, low pay, no position advancement
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 14, 2017
The managers were great and the coworkers were awesome as well. Our daily duties were the same every week. If there was a change that needed to be made to our schedules it was very easy to get it approved.
If you are retired I recommend this job for you
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rutherfordton, NCJuly 14, 2017
I would recommend this job to those who are retired, or teenagers that are still in school.If you have a family that you are supporting. You have to work this job and another because if you are hired in as part-time you will not receive 32-40 hours. You will receive the minimum part-time hours. No healthcare is offered because you are part-time. There is no opportunity for you to advance within the company. This place is mainly a female working environment, when I worked there only two males were there. So, if you are a male seeking to work here. I warn you, you will be out numbered.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare not enough hours no job advancement