Fred's

Fred's Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Operations Expert (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 7, 2014
Laid back, not over whelming and fun. I have been here for months. Scheduling is flexible and team oriented environment
Easy going enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Waycross, GASeptember 6, 2014
Great managers, clean workplace, lunch breaks are decent as well.
Fun team to work with
3rd Key/Operation Manager (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 2, 2014
I enjoyed seeing regular customers
Management worked great together
Everyone made a great team
Productive place with a friendly staff.
Operations Expert (Current Employee), Piedmont, SCAugust 31, 2014
Pros: could leave work there and not bring it home.
Cons: short breaks, difficult schedule.
Freds Inc. is a great place to work with friendly people. The upbeat staff made work fun and enjoyable.
Fun workplace
Home Expert (Former Employee), Westminster, SCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: working with the customers.
Cons: short breaks.
Put furniture together, Do plan-o-grams, put out stock, cashier and janitorial work. I learned how to do plan-o-grams and how to run a baler. I got along with the manager and co-workers. I enjoyed helping the customers.
assist employers and customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARJuly 9, 2014
I would open or close the store, give of duties for the day to do for employers. I really enjoyed meeting new people and interviewing new people for the job..
Very long hours
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Alamo, TNJune 26, 2014
Pros: benefits were great
Cons: hours and workforce pool inadequate
Fast paced environment. Employees generally were not adequate for this area. As management hours were too many for the salary.
Cool
Cashier (Former Employee), Durant, MSMay 23, 2014
I loved dealing with the daily customers. We knew how to put a smile on each others face.
A fast pace work place and daily tasks to improve store scenery
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Quincy, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: store bought lunch for employees on truck day
Cons: short breaks, healthcare was not available until you were at the job atleast a year
At Fred's on a daily I had to assist customers with checking them out and assisting them with locating merchandise. I learned how to multitask at this job when assisting customers and not be rude while helping someone else. Management had their days but they were good people to work with. My co-workers had their favorite people to associate with but I was able to get along with anyone. The hardest part of the job was being at work for almost 12 hours period when unloading the truck and then having to come back the next day for another 12 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was making my customers smile when they left the store.
Decent workplace
STOCKER (Former Employee), Butler, ALApril 23, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough pay
A typical day at work consisted of stocking shelves inventory and keeping store in good shape and appearance. I learned how to pay attention to little details to shape the better picture. The management was ok. My co-workers were ok to work with no problems. The hardest part of my job was none at all. The most enjoyable part was the customers and helping them
Fred's was a pretty OK job not too ruff
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Saint Martinville, LAApril 22, 2014
Pros: break depending on hour work
Cons: no discount, no free breaks
Not that it was hard but it fairly easy never really was a challenge
Productive workplace, but still able to have fun.
Operations Expert (Current Employee), El Dorado, ARApril 18, 2014
Pros: teamwork
A typical day consist of Helping customers find items needed, running the cash register, stocking shelves, zoning the store, bringing in buggies, at end of day counting down the drawers and conducting paper work.
Management and co-workers all work as a team.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers. You can come across some rude and difficult to satisfy customers, but then you have the very happy, enjoyable, make your day type of people.
Good company to work for if you don't mind doing management work when your not a manager.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Minden, LAApril 6, 2014
Pros: good amount of hours.
Cons: not enough pay for the hours you work.
It's a job that pays the bills when needed. Management shifts their responsibilities to employees.
Time consuming and always busy
Assistant Manager/Sales Operational Expert (Former Employee), Quincy, FLApril 3, 2014
Cons: short breaks, bad on raises, over-worked under paid
Fred's started off being a job for me and farther as I moved up the ladder there things became difficult. Fred's does not really gives employees family time I barely came home on time to spend time with them or have meals cooked. It will be a good job for a person with no children. I was the assistant manager and was there more than the store manager.
Fun job
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnfield, LAApril 1, 2014
Fred's was a pretty good place to work I loved to work there, but they just didn't pay enough money for all of the hard work I have to do.
Stocking shelves
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Union City, TNMarch 30, 2014
Pros: assist customers
Cons: short breaks, minimal hours
A typical day at work meant boring hours putting goods on shelves. I learned that retail is not my cup of tea; however, I have a great deal of respect for anyone who puts food on a shelf for me to purchase. The hardest part of being a stock boy was staying focused. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers and getting to know the regulars.
its a job
Training Store Manager (Former Employee), savannah, gaMarch 19, 2014
it's a job, left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing, a means to an end. company doesn't appreciate employees..
Upbeat and productive work place with great co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Carrollton, GAMarch 4, 2014
A typical day at Fred's is productive. It is somewhat of a fast paced job. I kept up with the front end of the store, keeping it clean, stocked my section and made sure everything was put in the right place. I handled the cash register and provided customer service. I learned to work as a team and to be patient with people. The management was great. They were all caring people and well organized. The co-workers all got along and worked as a team to get things done. The hardest part of the job was looking out for customers ready to check out while managing to stock the shelves. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people and having people support you.
Steady Consistent Work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oxford, ALFebruary 26, 2014
A day at Fred's matches the normal retail genre. It involved store visible excellence as well as customer service satisfaction. I learned the difference a clean and organized environment can mean to a customer. Very little is done as a team, however the full store experience is the responsibility of the staff collectively. The hardest part of the job was repetitive motion and work. The job can become easily a bore. I enjoyed most the staff I worked with.
General Store Operations
Multi Unit General Manager (Former Employee), New Port Richey, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: multi unit experience
Cons: company closed down region
Very low payroll but I moved from restaurant back to retail successfully.

Fred's Salaries