Fred Astaire Dance Studio

Fred Astaire Dance Studio Employer Reviews

Fun Place to work
Logistics/ Liaison (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: travel all expenses paid.
Great and fun place to work. and the pay was great. it was a part time job so couldn't live of of the hours but if you like to travel this is the job. great managers and team.
Fun workplace with wood dance floor!
Dance Director/Instructor (Current Employee), Willoughby, OHJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: travel, paid vacation, health plan options
Cons: gaps in schedule, hours are tough on family
Teaching dance is fun to do. Fun environment with energetic staff. Dancing all day is a little rough on the feet. Meeting new people regularly is a bonus if you're a people person.
I enjoy my position, but I do not like the hours.
Specialist Teacher and Sale Coordinator (Current Employee), Westfield, NJJuly 29, 2013
Pros: i now have medical insurance and was put on salary 4 months ago
Cons: i do not like the hours and no room for advancement.
I come in at 1:00 pm everyday and leave at 10:00 pm. I dislike the hours very much so. I also work 6 days a week which wasn't what I was supposed to be working in the beginning. I teach mainly at nights from 6-10 and teach all kinds of ballroom dances. During the day I field calls and search for more costly ways to advertise.
Not a good place to work
Dance instructor Englewood, co (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 25, 2013
Learning various dances was the only enjoyable part of the job. There weren't many students to teach for the amount instructors.. also no one there made near enough as we were lead to believe we'd make.
Fun exciting environment to work in.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 18, 2013
Pros: fun, reasonable hours
Cons: healthcare, downtime
Fun and creative place to work. I learned dedication to the arts and got to experience the perks of working with professionally trained ballroom dancers.
A place to help others grow and achieve their goals.
Instructor (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: watching students grow in each individual way and helping them reaching their goals.
Cons: healthcare.
A typical day at work consists of meetings with management and staff. Throughout the day the staff would teach dance lessons, group classes, private coachings, and choreography with students and staff. I learned how to interact with staff and students on a higher level of professionalism. My coworkers and I became a family. Working so much and so closely – more... together built such a strong relationship to help each other grow personally and professionally.

The hardest part of the job was not having the opportunity to help build a business with management and bring in a new clientele to turn it into a multimillion dollar studio. – less
Excellent work place and friendly
Administrative Coordinator for Revenue Recoveries (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: creating new looks for our clientele and building their image to feel better about themselves
Cons: no health care provided, no sick days
Working for Fred Astaire has been such a great experience, from meeting new people all the time to creating and developing friends and allowing my self to learn more about their culture, beliefs, food and values. My co-workers were great to work with. I enjoyed my job in every way you can imagine.
interning
Intern (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 27, 2012
Pros: dancing.
Cons: no pay.
It was a fun internship. After finishing the upkeep of the studio, (cleaning, and keeping it tidy) there would be dance sessions and trainings. The students were awesome! A very fun environment.
A fantastic learning experience.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), DANCE CHELSEA STUDIO yNew York, NYJuly 19, 2012
Pros: dance lessons with some of the top coaches in the dance world.
Cons: i could have vacation time intermittenly throughout the year
Productive and a continuous environment of learning and experiencing new ways of working and teaching. i felt empowered and enthusiastic about my position. I would start my day by checking messages, following up with phone calls, confirm appointments for the day, communicate with instructors about their private dance lessons and group classes. This – more... was ensure that all activities ran smoothly. I would follow through with any banking matters, check all cash and credit cards transactions, check stationery and other miscellaneous items the studio might need to facilitate staff and students, prepare group schedules if needed, as well as appointment schedule sheets, put together daily cash reports, write up the account payable and accounts receivable from the previous day. From 5:00pm through 9:30pm there was a constant flow of students checking for private lessons and group classes. At the end of night complete the daily cash reports and prep the banking for the following day.

I learnt how to interact and communicate with many people and was able to create a good customer relationships.
My management skills reflected in how efficient the studio was operated.
Both my coworkers and myself had to compromise with each other to have a successful work experience.
The hardest part of the job was keeping a balance so that everyone felt welcomed and inspired to learn how to dance and work in a very hectic environment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to teach dance and see how the self esteem, composure and confidence that students gained by learning to dance. – less