Fred Astaire Dance Studio Employee Reviews

dance teacher
Manager\Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2017
high pressure sales from corporate office, stressful, fun co-workers, fun travel, sales goals where sometimes to high to meet for bonuses.
good commission rate.
Pros
fun to teach
Cons
sales pressure
Fun Place to Work
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2017
It was a fun place to work. Constantly growing and advancing. The owner was really ambitious and really encouraged you to excel. It had a really fun culture to it.
Pros
Seeing the happy customers
Fred Astaire was great
Schererville - Secretary (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INJuly 28, 2017
I really loved working for this dance studio. It was always a new experience. Whether it was a new customer, new dance, or a new copetition to plan for. It was always a nice envirement.
fun,fun, fun environment!
Dance Instructor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 20, 2017
Dance is my passion!, so i loved working here. The only reason why i moved on it's because it was always night time hours and weekends which gave me no balance at home with 3 school age kids.
Pros
awesome people to work with, family atmosphere, and fun environment.
Cons
low pay and hours are tough if you have a family.
Great people
Front Desk Executive (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJuly 12, 2017
The coworkers are amazing people to work with. I love seeing the students every day and working with my team. It's a fast paced environment and you always have to be on the move. It makes the day go by fast!
Pros
Happy people
Cons
Short breaks
fun place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 6, 2017
fun place to work at, talented people, great pay but the manager was a theft we all got laid off because he "lost" the buisness oneday & all of our checks bounced & we never got our taxes from it
Pros
fun
Cons
laid off
Fun Workplace
Ballroom Dance Instructor (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 19, 2017
Fred Astaire Dance Studio is overall a fun and interesting place to work. An upbeat place to get to teach dance students. The team of coaches are great.
Energetic and Exciting Workplace
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CASeptember 20, 2016
There is always something happening at Fred Astaire. Whether I am training, taking part in a class or teaching myself I am always on my feet and interacting with clients. I love the welcoming atmosphere and the passion felt by all the students and instructors for dance.
Great Work Enviroment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2015
A typical day with greeting all co workers. We then set up our work stations. Each Monday Starts with a meeting discussing our week. The hardest Part of the job was connecting with co workers because they were vulgar at some points. The most enjoyable part was watching the students dance and enjoy what they were learning.
Lively Place to Work
Reception and I.T. (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 21, 2014
Employees and customers generally all have a great attitude. If someone does come in with a persistent bad attitude they usually don't stay long.
Productive and fast pace business with dance floor
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 27, 2014
Business meetings were held every morning before we could start teaching. We then would start off the week by making phone calls to all clients and planning lessons. We always stayed busy with show's and competitions, so we always stayed busy doing research for our clients. We also kept up with our pay scale each week by filling out a form with how many lessons we taught each week and what percentage we got off each lesson. One of the hardest parts about the job was trying to keep up the hours we taught each week. We only got payed by lessons we taught and so lessons always were up and down each week. What I did enjoy about the job was that it pushed me each week to become a better person and a better business planner. We got to travel with students to competitions and even to compete professionally which was a plus.
Pros
Free Travel, quarterly bonus, learning to dance
Cons
Got payed by lessons, inconsistancy in lessons and management
It's great for a young person who wants a fun place to work!
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 1, 2014
I enjoyed the training very much, both the dancing and business training. The students were fantastic with a lot of great things to say about their experience. Pay is a downside unless the studio has many students/opportunities. The hours are typically 1-10pm. Teachers are paid for the hours they teach only, and commissions on the sales they make. It is a fantastic place to learn Ballroom Dance and be able to compete as a professional dancer! I would have loved to start at 18/19 years old.
Pros
Great environment! Dancing is your job! Paid to travel and compete!
Cons
Pay and Hours
Fun Place to work
Logistics/ Liaison (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 16, 2014
Great and fun place to work. and the pay was great. it was a part time job so couldn't live of of the hours but if you like to travel this is the job. great managers and team.
Pros
Travel all expenses paid.
fun but not good paid
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 24, 2014
Its fun to be a dance teacher working enviorment is most of the time good. Nice dance studio. But you get just paid for lessons you teach and not for the time in the studio! silebus is not very good. Owner questionable, Managerin verry nice and competent.
Pros
fun to be a dance teacher
Cons
bad paiment, not open to dance world
Fun workplace with wood dance floor!
Dance Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJanuary 2, 2014
Teaching dance is fun to do. Fun environment with energetic staff. Dancing all day is a little rough on the feet. Meeting new people regularly is a bonus if you're a people person.
Pros
Travel, Paid Vacation, health plan options
Cons
Gaps in schedule, hours are tough on family
I enjoy my position, but I do not like the hours.
Specialist Teacher and Sale Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westfield, NJJuly 29, 2013
I come in at 1:00 pm everyday and leave at 10:00 pm. I dislike the hours very much so. I also work 6 days a week which wasn't what I was supposed to be working in the beginning. I teach mainly at nights from 6-10 and teach all kinds of ballroom dances. During the day I field calls and search for more costly ways to advertise.
Pros
I now have medical insurance and was put on salary 4 months ago
Cons
I do not like the hours and no room for advancement.
Not a good place to work
Dance instructor Englewood, co (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2013
Learning various dances was the only enjoyable part of the job. There weren't many students to teach for the amount instructors.. also no one there made near enough as we were lead to believe we'd make.
Fun exciting environment to work in.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 18, 2013
Fun and creative place to work. I learned dedication to the arts and got to experience the perks of working with professionally trained ballroom dancers.
Pros
fun, reasonable hours
Cons
healthcare, downtime
A place to help others grow and achieve their goals.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day at work consists of meetings with management and staff. Throughout the day the staff would teach dance lessons, group classes, private coachings, and choreography with students and staff. I learned how to interact with staff and students on a higher level of professionalism. My coworkers and I became a family. Working so much and so closely together built such a strong relationship to help each other grow personally and professionally.

The hardest part of the job was not having the opportunity to help build a business with management and bring in a new clientele to turn it into a multimillion dollar studio.
Pros
watching students grow in each individual way and helping them reaching their goals.
Cons
healthcare.
Excellent work place and friendly
Administrative Coordinator for Revenue Recoveries (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2013
Working for Fred Astaire has been such a great experience, from meeting new people all the time to creating and developing friends and allowing my self to learn more about their culture, beliefs, food and values. My co-workers were great to work with. I enjoyed my job in every way you can imagine.
Pros
creating new looks for our clientele and building their image to feel better about themselves
Cons
no health care provided, no sick days